Is Diggs on pace for the HOF?

Igotbills

If he has 3 or so all pro years, then he has a shot.

Remember guys like Reggie Wayne, Torry Holt, Steve Smith and Andre Johnson had some huge years and more counting numbers than Diggs.

Diggs is awesome as a player, his passion, leadership and work ethic. He has a shot.

A Super Bowl win and a few more top 5 receiver seasons would put him in that Tier 2-3 level of all-time receivers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yes. Came up before this season so worth the update, dude is well on his way to nearly 9k and 60td after this season, before 30. Soak that up for a second, that’s pretty historic. Then add the fact that Diggs is a cerebral player that doesn’t get hit much, he might even have a few more seasons like this in him. Feels like jinxing but he has 15k 100td potential. 

• Like (+1) 1

The only detractors that I can find act like his early WR2 seasons weren’t significant but even those were Andre Reed level statistically. You don’t have to be Justin Jefferson out of the gate, Diggs early years were pretty awesome. More importantly he’s on a historic run right now. Few receivers have put together a 4(+) year string like this.

• Like (+1) 1

I was just about to post a Diggs thread. He's absolutely Hall-worthy if he can keep this up for a couple more seasons. This guy is the most skilled WR to ever don a Bills jersey.  We may never see another like him again in Buffalo.  I hope y'all are really appreciating what we're seeing. A HOF WR at the absolute peak of his powers. 

• Like (+1) 1

Receiver is one of those hard positions to get in. There are so many great receivers out there. You need stats and accolades. Diggs needs to keep balling for a long time, and needs to keep getting pro bowl and all pro nods. A superbowl win or two probably really helps his chances too.

But he certainly has the talent. Hopefully he has the longevity as well. He has great hands, great route running, and great competitiveness. He just has to keep it up for a long time.

• Agree 1

First team all-pro is going to be a tight race this year between Diggs, Jefferson and Hill. Can't recall if they give out three first team places to WR's now or not. If they do then it's an easy no brainer. Those are your three first team all pro WR's. If it is only two then all bets are off. I'd probably think Jefferson gets one spot for sure and the other is between Hill and Diggs. 

37 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yes. But he may have to wait 5-10 years like most HOF WR's. 

Unless he goes off in playoff games a few seasons and even alternating as sb mvp a couple times with Allen.  Bills go to a few sb with Allen Diggs and win them they become shoo-ins.  

To me, the right way to look at a HOF candidate is how they measured up to their peers in the time that they played.  With Diggs having a season where he lead the league in receptions and receiving yards and other seasons where he’s ranked very high, I think he’s on the way.

Since the Pro Football HOF, in its finite wisdom, guarantees that six eligible candidates will get elected each year, Hall of Very Good level players are often enshrined.  That being said, I believe Diggs is a legit candidate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.