A few observations from the opposing team fam

PatsFanNH

6 hours ago, MJS said:

The Hamlin hit was a foul for sure. But he led with his shoulder and was probably trying to knock the ball out. The receiver was ducking down and got hit in the head.

Hamlin isn't a dirty player. He wasn't trying to hurt anyone. And honestly, I'm surprised he was ejected.

1st I didn’t think he was trying to hurt Meyers. I thought he was just trying lay down a hit stick type hit. (Like you said to dislodge the ball). Meyers was trying to secure the catch with both hands..

I think the hit aggravated the shoulder injury that Meyers was playing through that he got last week.

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Patriots are so bad on offense...just inept. 

I have no idea why it was even a personal foul, let alone an ejection. He hit him with his shoulder and the recieiver lowered his head into it. What is he supposed to do, just let him catch it?

It’s awful! Doesn’t help we had a practice squad player starting at RT. I think he did ok, IMO the play calling was beyond awful!  Way way too many screens.  This year is toast for my Pats I am hoping for Bill O’Brian for next year.

Fair assessment IMO.

Was really surprised BB went for the FG late instead of going for the TD drive, that should have been an analytics call IMO.

More shocked BB didn't call TO with 2:00 to go and 3 TO.

I lived in MA for 2 years, pre-Josh Allen. I was there when Buffalo hired Rex Ryan. Hilarity ensued on all parties behalf.

We all got drunk and laughed. TBH most of the folks I met there were good people.

For basketball and hockey those folks knew their stuff. Football didn't happen Pre-Brady.

Certainly there were Massholes. The roads are a mess. Traffic was winner take all.

Going out on the green line or orange line on the T was always an adventure.

Any Thursday/ Friday/ Saturday/ Sunday night out was crazy.

Guys would fight in front of bars off of those stops because 'it was the weekend' and there was nothing better to do.

Good old fashioned donneybrooks, the way God intended.

NH was very cool. If I had to live in New England it would be New Hampshire or down east Maine.

Had a load of good hearted fun in Keene.

6 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Thank you for your sentiments.

Curious though, I know Red and the jets struck a nerve but why the well wishes and the…despise for the Jets, not Fins? I thought they played the Pop arts though each year forever.

The hatred for the Jets is a personal thing for me. I have hated them since I was a kid. Let’s just say their fans in the 80’s and 90’s were the biggest butt heads I had to deal with in the old Sullivan Stadium.  i have never seen such arrogant fans in my life whose team stunk! I want their misery to last forever.  

I never have had an issue with Bills fans. You guys were always awesome even when we truly SUCKED! You were fun to tailgate with and even when you were at your peak you were not jerks and for myself I enjoyed the Bills v Pats game even when we get destroyed.

dolphins Fans were ok as well. Although the way they talked about Marino I expected him to turn water into wine and walk on water lol.  They were arrogant bandwagon Pats fans of their day without being anywhere near as good.  So how can I hate them? Lol

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Baba Booey said:

Hamlins break up of that pass is the only way to prevent a TD. I hope he would do that every time! What else is he supposed to do? And an ejection for that was ludicrous! Also love seeing Pats fans so dejected! Get used to last place. 😂 

The hit just isn’t allowed in todays NFL. He is a defenseless receiver who put his head down trying to secure the ball from the first person hitting him. I hate how people make it sound like Meyers did it because of the coming hit. He didn’t he did it to secure the ball.. the Penalty was correct, I don’t know the rule well enough on the ejection part. I don’t think it warranted that as I said I don’t think he was trying to hurt Meyers. IMO if that’s ever the case the NFL should make it a completed catch..  so as to not reward the dirty play. AGAIN I do not think he meant to hurt him.

15 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Fair assessment IMO.

Was really surprised BB went for the FG late instead of going for the TD drive, that should have been an analytics call IMO.

I lived in MA for 2 years, pre-Josh Allen. I was there when Buffalo hired Rex Ryan. Hilarity ensued on all parties behalf.

We all got drunk and laughed. TBH most of the folks I met there were good people.

For basketball and hockey those folks knew their stuff. Football didn't happen Pre-Brady.

Certainly there were Massholes. The roads are a mess. Traffic was winner take all.

Going out on the green line or orange line on the T was always an adventure.

Any Thursday/ Friday/ Saturday/ Sunday night out was crazy.

Guys would fight in front of bars off of those stops because 'it was the weekend' and there was nothing better to do.

Good old fashioned donneybrooks, the way God intended.

NH was very cool. If I had to live in New England it would be New Hampshire or down east Maine.

Had a load of good hearted fun in Keene.

There is a reason I had a lot of free space in old Sullivan stadium lol. IMO People got interested in the Pats when the Krafts bought the team and actually cared about the product on the field. I do believe there has been a waiting list since 1996 for season tickets.  Sadly fans like myself can’t afford season tickets anymore so I get to maybe 1 game a year maybe 2. I was thinking traveling to Buffalo at the end of the year.. but Buffalo in January seems insane.. lol

People up here are rabid Hockey fans. (I am one of them the Bruins are making the Pats season easier to take lol) I would say most up here till recently were rabid Red Sox fans and Celtics fans. We are lucky having 5 pro sports teams if you count the revolution in Soccer. 

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Thanks-

I’d like to add that the Bills DL was impressive minus Von. 

Pats O line is bad! Had a practice squad guy starting at RT, and well Brown has been god awful all year.. I also don’t understand how Andrews was able to play his thigh injury was considered really bad when it happened and was suppose be out for the year. (I give the man a pass for any issues he caused ) my point is.. the Pats O line is horrid right now.

36 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

1st I didn’t think he was trying to hurt Meyers. I thought he was just trying lay down a hit stick type hit. (Like you said to dislodge the ball). Meyers was trying to secure the catch with both hands..

I think the hit aggravated the shoulder injury that Meyers was playing through that he got last week.

This is exactly what the NFL is trying to stop. They want DBs to play pass defense by making plays on the ball.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Does “defenseless” translate to “trying to catch the ball”? I honestly don’t know with these calls. I get the head-hunting hits that Ronnie Lott used to dish out, but bang bang plays like that where the DB is trying to jar the football loose should never be a personal foul if it’s not helmet to helmet.

Defenseless as in he can not do anything to protect himself. That will be called every time.  Also don’t forget they didn’t go and watch it in slow motion or see stills when they made the call. In real time action it looked like helmet to helmet on a defenseless player.  (OMG I feel

dirty I am defending the refs eww)

7 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

4.  Game was over when the Pats got 0 points off that strip sack. They needed something there have a chance.

Yeah that could have swung some momentum.  I think the game was over when the Bills drove 94 yards, bled the bulk of the 3rd quarter clock and scored a TD to go up by 17.  

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

There is a reason I had a lot of free space in old Sullivan stadium lol. IMO People got interested in the Pats when the Krafts bought the team and actually cared about the product on the field. I do believe there has been a waiting list since 1996 for season tickets.  Sadly fans like myself can’t afford season tickets anymore so I get to maybe 1 game a year maybe 2. I was thinking traveling to Buffalo at the end of the year.. but Buffalo in January seems insane.. lol

People up here are rabid Hockey fans. (I am one of them the Bruins are making the Pats season easier to take lol) I would say most up here till recently were rabid Red Sox fans and Celtics fans. We are lucky having 5 pro sports teams if you count the revolution in Soccer. 

Pats O line is bad! Had a practice squad guy starting at RT, and well Brown has been god awful all year.. I also don’t understand how Andrews was able to play his thigh injury was considered really bad when it happened and was suppose be out for the year. (I give the man a pass for any issues he caused ) my point is.. the Pats O line is horrid right now.

We feel your pain with a horrid O-Line right now. It’s perhaps the biggest concern on the Bills team currently, in my opinions, at least until Dawkins gets back on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

We feel your pain with a horrid O-Line right now. It’s perhaps the biggest concern on the Bills team currently, in my opinions, at least until Dawkins gets back on the field. 

Allen took some hard hits last night. Uche for my Pats had his best game. (He forced the fumble) 

Ya at least Allen is mobile and can make up for the bad O line. Jones needs a good O line or at least an O coordinator smart enough to throw short quick passes. Sadly my Pats have neither.

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The great thing about being a Boston fan is one of your teams (Celts, Sox, Bruins or Patriots) is always in the hunt for a trophy.  So if the Celts say are down, the Bruins or Patriots or Sox are there.  As a life long Bills/Sabres fans, I have nothing but envy for the Boston fans.  And of course Ullmark on your team is looking great..  grrrrrr

• Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, wjag said:

The great thing about being a Boston fan is one of your teams (Celts, Sox, Bruins or Patriots) is always in the hunt for a trophy.  So if the Celts say are down, the Bruins or Patriots or Sox are there.  As a life long Bills/Sabres fans, I have nothing but envy for the Boston fans.  And of course Ullmark on your team is looking great..  grrrrrr

Whisper “Bruins goalie coach is Awesome!” Bruins always have a good to great Goaltending because of him. You are right though, lol maybe if the Pats are bad a bit I can afford go to more games again! Lol I wonder if that happens in Buffalo with the new stadium? (Pricing out the real fans so the stadium isn’t anywhere as lively as it should be)

8 hours ago, MJS said:

You aren't allowed to hit them in the head. Doesn't matter if it is with your shoulder. Yes, the receiver was ducking down and he probably couldn't have done much about it, but that's what happenes sometimes. I don't think he should have been ejected.

people heard helmet to helmet so many times in broadcasts that they aren’t aware it includes shoulder 

that said, definitely a flag. But also surprised by the ejection as it didn’t look like he was trying to wreck the guy. Just a bang bang play and the WR was a quick moving target. I think if the same hit happened early and the WR popped up fine it would’ve been just a flag but that late, with an injury, they tossed him in part to avoid drama down the home stretch. 

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

people heard helmet to helmet so many times in broadcasts that they aren’t aware it includes shoulder 

that said, definitely a flag. But also surprised by the ejection as it didn’t look like he was trying to wreck the guy. Just a bang bang play and the WR was a quick moving target. I think if the same hit happened early and the WR popped up fine it would’ve been just a flag but that late, with an injury, they tossed him in part to avoid drama down the home stretch. 

I agree with this assessment. The injury I think is a reinjury of the shoulder that Meyers as been playing threw for awhile..  Meyers may not be the most talented receiver but man he has heart!  (Bills be crazy to not try and get him if the Pats dumb enough to let him hit the open market. He be open almost all the time with Diggs getting doubled so much)

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

It’s awful! Doesn’t help we had a practice squad player starting at RT. I think he did ok, IMO the play calling was beyond awful!  Way way too many screens.  This year is toast for my Pats I am hoping for Bill O’Brian for next year.

Mac Jones on the sidelines yelling at Patricia was priceless!

2 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Fair assessment IMO.

if he called TO post onside KO attempt I would have done a 2 min drill against the defense.

It was 4 th and goal from the 21 with that QB and you are down by 17.  You will need a FG. You expect the kicker to make under 40 yd FGs so that is the safe bet.  It doesn’t matter if it was 2 min left or they had 14 min left in the 4th quarter.  

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

id love to see highlights of similar pass break up plays not called a flag.  Thr key was he had the ball in his hands trying to secure it instead of it being overthrown

its football. Players heads will collide.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.