Joe Brady Rumor -- May be something, may be nothing

glazeduck

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Oh, I thought it would be like college head coaches who have to leave as soon as they get a new job. I always hate how they abandon the kids they demanded loyalty and respect from to be coached by an assistant in a bowl game. It especially sucked when Brian Kelly left UC for ND and the Bearcats were coached by an interim in the Sugar Bowl.

In general college coach hiring usually doesn’t occur until early January.

at this time of year some new college head coaches get hired between this week and the bowls but they don’t fill out their staff till mid January 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, glazeduck said:

FWIW, the line of thinking is that he WOULD leave right away, since recruiting is heating up right now.

Contracts get bought out all the time. And I don't think the suggestion is that he's going to be able to pull kids Oregon wouldn't have otherwise, but the difference in recruiting between not having an OC and having a superstar OC (or one you could at least sell as such) is massive. 

1. Why would the Bills let the contract be bought out?

2. If he left during the season, he'd never work in the NFL again. 

Whoever has 'that line of thinking' is an idiot. 

FWIW, the line of thinking is that he WOULD leave right away, since recruiting is heating up right now.

Yeah but he could have had the U of Miami OC job last winter for similar money.   And he's from South Florida.   The reported reason he wasn't interested is that he hates recruiting.   So I'd expect any college OC job he takes to stipulate that he have to do very little recruiting.   

4 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Ah, Barkley could serve as a pseudo QB coach.  This is also Josh’s 5th year in the league.  QB coach isn’t as important for him.

Lol this is truth. I wonder what a Joe Brady actually does anyways. Anyone know ? Whisper sweet nothings in Josh's eat telling him he's the best? 

21 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Ah, Barkley could serve as a pseudo QB coach.  This is also Josh’s 5th year in the league.  QB coach isn’t as important for him.

I don’t think it’ll break the season but i don’t think him leaving could benefit us at all.  Only possible affect would be negative 

This team is a bit insulated due to having Shula on the staff. They could also hire Reich into Shula’s role as insurance against Dorsey getting a HC offer as well. As it is though I believe Brady is being groomed to take over for Dorsey, so we’ll see how it plays out. QBs help to make OCs and Allen’s already played well enough to help get Daboll a promotion. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.