12/1/2022 - NFL Week #13 - Bills at Pats* - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

19 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Team is learning to close out games and not do stupid crap to let the other team back in it. Kind of boring to watch sometimes.

My ticker needed a boring win.

I thought the big one was coming when I was watching the game against MN.

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Those WEEI calls are funny, but to be fair that’s what WGR would sound like if the Bills lose to the Jets next week.

Shush that business.

The fickle football gods are smiling on our team and helping FGs doink off the crossbars don't jinx it.

10 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

I did not realize that was a 28 uard run until watching the video.

Cook just moves so smooth for a rookie 😋 and it does not even look like he is going fast

I said a while back. When he runs in space,  he doesn't look like he's running but more like he's gliding.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Rewatching the game.  Quesenberry was even worse than I thought.  He straight up fell down on one play without even touching a defender and then Uche ran right by him a play later.  I haven't gotten to the sack from Uche which I'm sure will again be someone running right by him.

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I said a while back. When he runs in space,  he doesn't look like he's running but more like he's gliding.

Yep immediately noticeable, I agree.

He's the type of back you need to give a bit of space, clear that initial hole, and he'll take off

(Hines is the exact same way, but more straight line speed, less moves)

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM
  • Agree 1

I really need to know if Judon is actually a good player and Allen makes him look bad or he's just really not that good of a player and Allen makes him look worse?

Maybe one of the resident pats fans can let me know because all I've seen from him in the last 3 games is him chasing Allen's vapor trail. 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Rewatching the game.  Quesenberry was even worse than I thought.  He straight up fell down on one play without even touching a defender and then Uche ran right by him a play later.  I haven't gotten to the sack from Uche which I'm sure will again be someone running right by him.

Well he’s a backup who was playing on an injured ankle 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I really need to know if Judon is actually a good player and Allen makes him look bad or he's just really not that good of a player and Allen makes him look worse?

Maybe one of the resident pats fans can let me know because all I've seen from him in the last 3 games is him chasing Allen's vapor trail. 

He’s very good. I may be incorrect but I think he’s leading in sacks. He leads the Pats* for sure. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

He’s very good. I may be incorrect but I think he’s leading in sacks. He leads the Pats* for sure. 

I've only watch maybe 2 or 3 pats games that weren't against the bills this year so that's good to know that the bills basically scheme to make him useless along with Allen just being Allen to make him look worse.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Judon is a very good player.  He is currently leading the league in sacks with 13.  2nd in QB hits, 8 in TFL.  He's a terror.

The Bills have pretty much had a Plan for him ever since 2019 when he strip-sacked Josh Allen in Baltimore for a sack-fumble TD.  Leaving Sweeney to block him, leading to a holding call, was a plan I guess  - but it was a Bad Plan.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

His initial burst is really impressive. He doesn’t hesitate

Very different from Singletary, who is patient then quick enough to dodge the first contact. I like both, but it’s an interesting blend. 

5 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

I'm going to put on my flame suit here and say Mac Jones doesn't deserve all the flack he's getting.  Poor bastard has Matt Patricia as an OC.  I'm not saying Mac Jones is championship caliber but he's standing up there begging for a more explosive offense and I'm not sure Patricia or Belichik are capable of coaching that.

No flaming from here.   There are times when you change coaches or offensive coordinators and all of a sudden a guy who looked "Seriously?" becomes "Damn!  OK!"

Example would be Daniel Jones, who looked functional for a rookie under Pat Shurmer/Mike Shula.  Then he started looking pretty clueless under Joe Judge/Jason Garrett & Freddie Kitchens.

Lo and behold, Daboll/Mike Kafka and a healthy run game and Daniel Jones seems serviceable once again.  You'd like him to be collecting a few more passing yards per game, but everything else (TD/INT ratio, completion % etc) you can win with.

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

See Tua.... Flores wanted him gone!! 

Agree, Tua would be another example of the difference a good OC and HC can make, but TBF adding Hill to Waddle didn't hurt.

I would put Mac Jones in the same category - I don't find him likeable or charismatic, but give him his propers.  He was able to be a perfectly functional QB under Josh McDaniel, in an offense based on making the right reads and getting the ball out in rhythm, then taking a few deep shots when they're there.  Completion %, 22 TD to 13 INTs, YPG - those were all good enough QB play to win with, supported by a good run game and a top D.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.