12/1/2022 - NFL Week #13 - Bills at Pats* - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

I say this to all the so-called expert pundits on ESPN who recently tried to dismiss the Bills in the slightly altered words of Eminem:

”Nowadays everybody talks like they got something to say, but nothing comes out when they move their lips, just a bunch of gibberish.....MF’ers act like they forgot about THE BILLS!!!”

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Im sure it has been stated here, but the Patriots' current existence is reminiscent of the drought-era Bills.  Running game, stop the run, defense, play it safe with field position and turnovers 1956 football.  Mac Jones could have definitely been a drought era Bills QB and would probably play one in the movie about it.

That recipe is great for never bottoming out, success against the dregs of the league, some competitive games,, false hope, and always coming up short in big spots and against good teams.  It may be good enough to snag a wild card spot once in awhile, but that is the ceiling. It is never bad enough to bottom out, fix the cap, or have a high selection.  Constantly trying to find patches when 3 more leaks are sprung.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Everybody is going gaga about the Allen/Davis TD, but the one he threw to Diggs while rolling out was AWESOME!! Too bad it got called back by the stupid holding call

it was a freaking phenomenal throw. but in all fairness if sweeney doesnt hold i doubt the throw gets off. lol. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

NBC Boston Post-Game Reaction: Lowest Point in Post Brady Era (LOLOLOL)

I think my favorite part was when Johnson tries to throw shade at Josh talking about the fumble "Cause that's what Josh Allen does" repeating like 3 times.  Yeah whatever makes you feel better a$$hat - he also kicks your team's a$$ "Cause that's what Josh Allen does"

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

it was a freaking phenomenal throw. but in all fairness if sweeney doesnt hold i doubt the throw gets off. lol. 

100% this. 

Not only that, but there are certain holds I'm okay with, and this was one of them. When a linebacker comes untouched through the line and is about to absolutely obliterate your QB, I'm fine with taking the penalty instead. Not only does it save your QB from the hit, it also saves the down. Yes, the penalty results in loss of yardage, but a sack normally results in loss of yardage anyway. So 2nd and 20 and a healthy, untouched QB is better to me than, say 3rd and 11 and letting Judon bury your guy in the turf. It's a different story if it negates a TD, but as you say, I doubt Josh gets that pass off if not for the hold.

I'm going to put on my flame suit here and say Mac Jones doesn't deserve all the flack he's getting.  Poor bastard has Matt Patricia as an OC.  I'm not saying Mac Jones is championship caliber but he's standing up there begging for a more explosive offense and I'm not sure Patricia or Belichik are capable of coaching that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I think my favorite part was when Johnson tries to throw shade at Josh talking about the fumble "Cause that's what Josh Allen does" repeating like 3 times.  Yeah whatever makes you feel better a$$hat - he also kicks your team's a$$ "Cause that's what Josh Allen does"

Not much any QB can do in those situations when a DE starter beats your gimpy backup LT on his blind side.

We should thank them because after that the butterfly kicked Dorsey in the head and he went run heavy which limited that mismatch exposure.

That plan worked better too wearing down NE's defense so ours were fresh and ready to feast on their offense and bleeding the clock the whole way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

First half I saw a lot of White.  Second half Jackson was playing where White was before.  White was looking good. 

Per Joe Buscaglia's post-game snap counts and observations, Tre White played all but two series in the game. One of them he came out for a stinger and the Bills were being cautious, and the other was at the end of the 4th when the game was already in hand.

Essentially, he played the whole game.

11 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I'm going to put on my flame suit here and say Mac Jones doesn't deserve all the flack he's getting.  Poor bastard has Matt Patricia as an OC.  I'm not saying Mac Jones is championship caliber but he's standing up there begging for a more explosive offense and I'm not sure Patricia or Belichik are capable of coaching that.

Honestly, Mac is a lot like Tua to me. 

That is, he's a guy with a sharp mind and good accuracy and anticipation, but he's limited athletically.

The thing to do with a guy like that is to give him a creative play caller and to surround him with RAC weapons and just ask him to distribute like a point guard and let his playmakers make plays. The Dolphins set Tua up exactly the right way, and we're seeing the results right now.

The Pats, on the other hand, have done the exact WRONG thing with Mac, surrounding him with a bunch of nobody receivers and saddling him with an awful playcaller who has never been an OC before.

Unless and until the Pats follow the Dolphins blueprint, Mac will fail, and the Pats will have no one to blame but themselves.

Edited by Logic
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Mac Jones could have definitely been a drought era Bills QB and would probably play one in the movie about it.

LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Yes I picked that up to as well. Johnson is a tool Homer. After the wind game he couldn’t talk more smack about Bills and JA dynasty are done. He begrudgingly gives Bills and JA credit but well after the obvious. He’s the ultimate BB apologist!

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Allen saw that Sweeney was failing right away and was already on his way to the right.    It was a bad block and then a bad hold.    In fairness,  Sweeney had a great block on a run player earlier where he took out two defenders.   A little less handsy on the end and the flag doesn't get thrown on that bomb.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

See Tua.... Flores wanted him gone!! 

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

Well that works out because Mac Jones is not capable of running it.

• Haha (+1) 1

😂😂😂

2 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

He’s a pro bowler baby!

Doesn’t matter that five quarterbacks had a bow out before he was asked, we’ll just forget that part of the story. That is mister top 100 Lil Mac Jones to you.

He was too busy practicing his new Griddy moves...

Wonder if we can get McD to try it...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

There's a play where Mac & Cheese went running. As he was obviously going to slide, I yelled at the TV, "That mother-***** better not kick..." But instead, he slid into the fetal position short of a first down, and I laughed out loud. That was hilarious!

Josh uses Palmer in the off season. Mac&Cheese must use Orton. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.