12/1/2022 - NFL Week #13 - Bills at Pats* - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

53 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

He wasn’t. Also if any part of the QB’s body is behind the line it’s ok. Meaning  the arm and ball can be over the line if a foot is still behind. JA on that play was ok but half yard or more.
But replays were very few and far between with Amazon. How was it not at least running into kicker. KH not meant to announce NFL games imho!

The Pats were clearly blocked right into the Punter. Shouldn't be a call there, and there wasnt. Didnt need to see a replay to know that. It was an entire pile of guys (Pats and Bills) that ended up on the ground and rolling into Martin.

The penalties only get called when it's an untouched player diving at the punter. If they're engaged with our blockers, it likely wont ever get called.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, stevestojan said:

1) Anyone who has ever spoken a bad word about Dawkins needs to repent. I’ll start. I was wrong. We need him desperately.  Pay him. Whatever. 

2) There isn’t enough credit being given to that Allen TD to Davis. If that was Mahommes, everyone in the nation would get an emergency text with a link to then YouTube relay. It was unbelievable. The leg strength to shed the tackle, the balance, the arm strength to make that pass across his body. Holy *****. 

Agreed except of the Mahomes mention. Granted I don't live in the US but from what I watch Allen gets same recognition as Mahomes and he gets all the credit he deserves.

31 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I would just take better hands at this point. If he was catching even half his drops, we'd be rolling.

I think the talk about the drops are a little overdone and because a lot of people don't understand that catch rate % does not take into account whether or not the ball was actually catchable or if it was thrown away/over his head, etc..

Has he had some drops?  Sure.  But the dude also makes a lot of good catches also.

Edited by Big Turk

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I think the talk about the drops are a little overdone and because a lot of people don't understand that catch rate % does not take into account whether or not the ball was actually catchable or if it was thrown away/over his head, etc..

Just FYI, I think people are looking at scored drop %, in which at one point Gabe was leading the league.  (He's down to 9% now, from a high of 17%) Scored drops are a bit subjective and differ a bit between the services who are scoring them, but it's "a ball which a receiver should be able to catch with ordinary effort", which, in fact, does exclude throw aways or uncatchable balls.  If it hits his hands, we want him to hang on to it, even if it's contested.

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Has he had some drops?  Sure.  But the dude also makes a lot of good catches also.

He has made some great catches.

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

This is what one commentator described as a "that *****in' guy!" play where the DC slams his clipboard. 

The defense basically did everything right, and Josh Allen still made the play.

Very similar to the Jets game where a LB actually is in the process of spinning him in mid air out of bounds and he throws a laser on target to Diggs in the EZ and it was initially ruled incomplete but then overturned for a TD.  Just a throw when you wonder if Josh Allen simply is able to defy the laws of physics.  

Does Fitz really have a Josh Allen tattoo now?? 

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

NBC Boston Post-Game Reaction: Lowest Point in Post Brady Era (LOLOLOL)

Joe DiBiase wanted to hear this so bad on wgr this morning. So great to hear. 

And I feel like we need a "caption this" thread. 

Screenshot_20221202-142540_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3e6afc9852a48f02cd02145cebbdca54.jpg

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Pats were clearly blocked right into the Punter. Shouldn't be a call there, and there wasnt. Didnt need to see a replay to know that. It was an entire pile of guys (Pats and Bills) that ended up on the ground and rolling into Martin.

The penalties only get called when it's an untouched player diving at the punter. If they're engaged with our blockers, it likely wont ever get called.

Your likely correct. Just with no replay I didn’t see it live. They are very infrequent with replays is all.

3 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Your likely correct. Just with no replay I didn’t see it live. They are very infrequent with replays is all.

Yeah, I cant argue with that. It isnt just Amazon tho. I feel like most games I'm yelling at the TV asking to see our TD again, or the replay of a questionable call.

My wife has stepped up her football learning this year and is asking a lot of good questions during games, and most of the time when I'm like "I'll show you on the replay" and then we sit there... and it never comes...

All these broadcasts are too concerned with getting in their little skits and graphics and prerecorded fluff pieces, we see so little of the game.

For what it's worth, the game reply is about to start on NFLN in 13 minutes (3pm), so I guess I'll check it out there. :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDawkinstein

52 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

His drop percent was 17% which only takes into account balls that he can catch.  Tied for worst in the league at the time.  The people saying half are wrong but his drop% is not exaggerated.  Its bad.

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, I cant argue with that. It isnt just Amazon tho. I feel like most games I'm yelling at the TV asking to see our TD again, or the replay of a questionable call.

My wife has stepped up her football learning this year and is asking a lot of good questions during games, and most of the time when I'm like "I'll show you on the replay" and then we sit there... and it never comes...

All these broadcasts are too concerned with getting in their little skits and graphics and prerecorded fluff pieces, we see so little of the game.

For what it's worth, the game reply is about to start on NFLN in 13 minutes (3pm), so I guess I'll check it out there. :thumbsup:

I think its a concerted effort by the NFL to reduce fans complaining about the refs.  Fox seems to be the best at showing a lot of replays.  CBS barely shows any either.

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

If you watch him run and jog after plays he has a really awkward stride. Maybe that’s just how he runs, but it doesn’t look right to me.

Agree he seemed a bit slow out of that break.JA throws it a bit wide where only he can get it. The bomb 💣 however if JA leads him inside not out is a TD. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.