12/1/2022 - NFL Week #13 - Bills at Pats* - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

21 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Lot of great points, but wanted to focus on this one.

SOMETHING happened at the end of the kickoff after our first TD that had the Pats/Bills jawwing at each other and almost fighting. And whatever it was, got Shaq so fired up he dominated the 3 plays the Pats had before having to punt from their endzone. And he got the rest of that DL fired up and riding his energy.

Great to have Shaq and JPhillips back. Need that fire and swagger up front.

I still wonder what happened on that kickoff...

I happen to believe that that intangible energy, confidence, "swagger", whatever you want to call it...is a real and very important thing...ESPECIALLY with defensive players.

Shaq and Jordan provide it in spades. I think our defense missed it while they were gone, and I think they benefit from it now that it's back. It helps that both guys are playing well, too, but the intangible spark they provides is noticeable to me.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

I’m genuinely impressed with how well he does on NFL games. I just expected “another college guy” trying to make the jump. Sure, it took him a few games but he’s done it. It’s really likely that his fast transition is due in great part to Al’s tutoring. Al might be slow on the draw anymore, but he was a great one in his prime. The two of them seem to get along and that relationship is helping Herbstreit become legitimate in the NFL.

Hes a good analyst imo

9 hours ago, Billznut said:

I just wish Josh could have been a dick to him in the postgame if he knew all the crap Gonzalez was talking about the Bills before and after Allen came out. But I know Josh is way too classy for that anyways. 

I’m really curious if these guys do any research before they start spewing what is likely to be nonsense lol. Does gonzalez even know the schedule Miami has played so far and who they have left?  They are a big underdog to win the division right now.  Even if they beat buffalo it’s still pretty likely they finish a win behind 

If they lose to buffalo the division is probably locked up 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Eyeroll 1

It was so hard against New England, for so long.  I used to dread playing them, because losing was basically inevitable. They were so much better, and some games, there was literally nothing we could do.

Watching the tables turn like this has been good for my soul.  To see a coach as great as Belichick get frustrated on the sideline, knowing that he can't stop what's happening. It's joyful.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

From the Pats* perspective 

WARNING! NSFW!

I just love it when Patriot fans rant about how their team sucks.

I keep listening to this over and over, not sure when I am going to get tired of it today.

It's a great Friday folks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks for the post! All are excellent points and very heady stuff! 5 out 6 winning seasons is awesome after following 17 years of absolute despair where mediocrity was perceived as a great and hopeful season.

Never forget. It’s what makes our current team so loved.

Thank you, Chand!

Here's a little more rabbit hole stuff...

• Bills are 85-63 the last nine years.

2014:  9-7

2015:  8-8

2016:  7-9

2017:  9-8 (includes playoffs - IP)

2018:  6-10

2019:  10-7 (IP)

2020: 15-4 (IP)

2021:  12-7 (IP) 

2022:  9-3

• EDIT:  Even excluding the 2022 playoffs if the Bills can run the table they can earnestly claim that they have averaged at least 10 wins a season for the last nine years.

• Josh is now 48-24 as a starter, including the games he started but did not finish (Atlanta, New England).  He is 43-18 since 2019.  So far this decade they are 36-14, excluding the playoff loss from the end of the 2019 season against Houston  played on the 4th (side note:  Texans since that game are 9-34-1).

• As WGR noted this morning he is the 1st player in NFL history to register 3 straight 25 passing / 5 rushing TD seasons.

• Diggs needs 9 more receptions for his 3rd straight 100 reception season, and 37 more to set the Bills singles season record of 127 receptions...his from 2020.

• As WGR also noted earlier one quarter of Cook's touches for the Bills this season took place last night.  14 rushes and 6 receptions for a total of 105 yards.

• From the NFL Channel ticker (I may have mentioned this the other day), Josh Allen is now only the 3rd QB to beat Belichek 5 times and the only of those to be .500 (they were wrong in indicating he would be 5-4 as they didn't include the start he got knocked out of).  If he starts and wins the season finale he will obviously become the only QB with a winning record and at least five victories against BB (6-5, 6-1 in the last seven and winner of 3 straight seasons series (2-0, 2-1, 2-0).

EDIT:

• The Bill my brother was most critical of last night and one of the first things he said after "great win" this morning...was Cook.   😐 he thought he was tripping over his own feet and can't stay upright when he runs.  🙄

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.