12/1/2022 - NFL Week #13 - Bills at Pats* - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

22 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Davis has been a little inconsistent this year in his new role, but 650 yards on pace for 942 yards and 8-9 TDs is not exactly terrible for a #2. Not sure what people are expecting.

Him not to drop half the passes thrown at him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm reading the comments from Pats fans in response to a Boston Globe article that basically says the Pats suck, they didn't fix anything that the playoff shellacking last year revealed, and that the lousy Pats teams from previous years are now once again on display.  My favorite comment from one of the Pat fans:

"Yes, that last drive was terrible. Once they got to the red zone, it felt like they had at least a ten shots at scoring. The Bills and refs were essentially saying, "Here, let's try that again." Woeful."

With about 5 minutes to go, the Pats needed three scores to win, and they had a 3rd and long.  I told my brother they should kick the FG now and then get on with the onsides kick.  Instead the Pats floundered around for three more minutes of game time, and then ... kicked a FG.  At that point even a miracle onsides kick recovery was too late to save them.  Which they didn't get anyway of course.

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He doesn't. You simply don't understand what catch percentage actually means.

Overthrows, uncatchable passes and throwaways count as a target if he was the intended receiver.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Absolutely.  He does make some difficult catches but any NFL WR should make them too.  And he doesn't seem to be getting open.  On his TD catch, that would never have happened if the Pats DB hadn't decided to walk away from Davis before the play was over, and go have some Ovaltine to get warm.  

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Could easily been 12-0

Yeah but it could also be 8-4, or 8-3-1 if Josh doesn't hit Diggs at the end of the Detroit game.  That one was too close.  All three losses were in winnable games but you have to take the result, win or lose.

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He doesn't. You simply don't understand what catch percentage actually means.

Overthrows, uncatchable passes and throwaways count as a target if he was the intended receiver.

Both Singletary and Davis dropped two passes, each.  It's no wonder Josh just looks for Diggs.

Wasn't Knox in the pattern, somewhere?  Is he just not getting open?

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Nicely done graphics.

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Obviously not because you wouldn't say he drops half the balls thrown to him. Do some reading up on it. You might learn something. 

No wide receiver (other than Gabe) on the Bills has below a 67% catch %.

Diggs is over 70%. Knox is near 80%. Even McKenzie is near 70%.

Gabe is in the 50’s! He is BY FAR the low man on the totem pole.

His hands are not good.

Edited by Einstein

What are everyone's thoughts on the Poyer interception being overturned?  I think he had full control of the ball as he got both feet down, and then proceeded out of bounds. Then he moved the ball but never lost control of it.  

If he had tossed the ball to someone after getting out of bounds, having gotten both feet down and made a football move by taking two or three steps, wouldn't that have been enough for the interception to stand?  I've seen receptions by WRs where they catch the ball in bounds, then immediately put it down or toss it to the ref.

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

What are everyone's thoughts on the Poyer interception being overturned?  I think he had full control of the ball as he got both feet down, and then proceeded out of bounds. Then he moved the ball but never lost control of it.  

If he had tossed the ball to someone after getting out of bounds, having gotten both feet down and made a football move by taking two or three steps, wouldn't that have been enough for the interception to stand?  I've seen receptions by WRs where they catch the ball in bounds, then immediately put it down or toss it to the ref.

if that play was in the end zone or just in the middle of the field, it's a catch. That was an INT

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just got home from the game.  By the time the game ended there were more Bills fans in most sections than Pats fans.  Hell by mid 3rd quarter NE fans were leaving in bunches.  The defense looked much better.   Offense looked solid.  Love the lean on the running attack from the last several weeks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4th straight winning season (5th in 6 years).

first team to win 3 Thursday games in a season.

first team to win all 3 thanksgiving time slots (and in four years).

first team this season to get to 6 road victories (to hell with “that was a home game”).

first team to win 3 games in 12 days.

Damn, I am so proud of these guys.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Morning After Pill:

1. I actually slept last night after a evening Bills game.  That more than anything is a testament to how calm I was throughout.  And that is a direct correlary on how that game really never felt threatened.

2. Oliver and Phillips were constantly crashing the middle.

3. I didn't even know Dane Jackson was playing until late in the game.

4. That game had to shatter Mac Jone's confidence. 

5. First game in four where the Bills secondary wasn't a dumpster fire.

6. The wonders of a full week of practice.

7. Stevens is a beast.  Had a lot of Marshawn in him the way he was moving the pile.

8. Guys stepped up in Von's absence

9. Big plays in the game:  Holding on DIggs TD, Folk crossbar doink on a kick that look great from the moment it left his foot, Poyer dropped INT, Uche strip sacking Allen and Allen's TD throw to Davis

10. Phillips SHOULD NOT chase QBs down.  He should be limited to a QB tackle box.  His value is quick bursts up the middle.  When he starts hunting QBs he seems like he gets hurt.  Love the man's hustle, but a man's got to know his limitations.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.