12/ 1/2022 NFL Week #13 - Bill at Pats* - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Big C said:

He’s actually been very helpful in the run game. 

He sprang Cook for that big run with a beautiful two for one block...went to double team a guy and then turned and blocked another player to the other side to create a gaping hole.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Dorsey & Josh need to settle back down. Taking what the D was giving & mixing in runs was working. Then they both get impatient & try forcing big plays. Settle down, grind them & control game clock. & Quessenbury needs help on that side. 

This this this this this

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Gave Davis

6 targets

1 catch 8 yards

Really?  And a TD by the way! 

JAs previous over throw in the end zone was not on Davis, if you’re gonna whine make it count with just a hint of reality, thanks, 

Go Bills!!!

• Eyeroll 1

On 12/1/2022 at 5:28 PM, In Summary said:

This shows why Dawkins bashing is ridiculous. 

Calling Dawkins out for not playing up to the potential we know he has is not bashing.

He is very talented, but has not been playing this season at the elite level we all know he is capable of.

Nothing wrong with that, and it is my hope is that he comes back with that mindset if erasing DL players and playing lights out.

Allen needs to have that confidence in his line down the stretch and Dawkins and Morse are the guys that can lead by example.

Dorsey calling more balanced games will help keep D-Linemen from pinning their ears back rushing Allen and help this OL too.

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Calling Dawkins out for not playing up to the potential we know he has is not bashing.

He is very talented, but has not been playing this season at the elite level we all know he is capable of.

Nothing wrong with that, and it is my hope is that he comes back with that mindset if erasing DL players and playing lights out.

Allen needs to have that confidence in his line down the stretch and Dawkins and Morse are the guys that can lead by example.

Dorsey calling more balanced games will help keep D-Linemen from pinning their ears back rushing Allen and help this OL too.

I have no trouble calling Dawkins out for bad plays or how a particular matchup was unfavorable.  I just don't buy into this "move him to guard" noise as if he's not fit for the LT position.  It's possible that if he's the best O-lineman on the Bills, he doesn't have someone pushing him.

The Bills need to decide on scheme and their preferred O-lineman body type.  They may also be obsessed with positional versatility.  The selection and handling of Ford and Teller was interesting.  Ford was a slow-footed tackle with a 6.36 RAS was taken in the 2nd.  Teller, strong as an ox and taken in the 5th with an 8.8 RAS, apparently wasn't a good fit for their scheme (??).  

Dawkins isn't a problem to me, it's the Bills' changing run philosophy and talent assessment of the OL.  I'm hopeful they can do for the interior OL what they did with the interior DL.  Arguably you get a guard next to Dawkins that is above average in both run and pass blocking (thinking of Reuben Brown / Incognito) and you now have a strong side of the line.  Dawkins then looks like an All-star.

I'd be interested to hear what someone who was OL football savvy had to say about the what the Bills need on the left side vs the right side.  

4 hours ago, In Summary said:

I have no trouble calling Dawkins out for bad plays or how a particular matchup was unfavorable.  I just don't buy into this "move him to guard" noise as if he's not fit for the LT position.  It's possible that if he's the best O-lineman on the Bills, he doesn't have someone pushing him.

The Bills need to decide on scheme and their preferred O-lineman body type.  They may also be obsessed with positional versatility.  The selection and handling of Ford and Teller was interesting.  Ford was a slow-footed tackle with a 6.36 RAS was taken in the 2nd.  Teller, strong as an ox and taken in the 5th with an 8.8 RAS, apparently wasn't a good fit for their scheme (??).  

Dawkins isn't a problem to me, it's the Bills' changing run philosophy and talent assessment of the OL.  I'm hopeful they can do for the interior OL what they did with the interior DL.  Arguably you get a guard next to Dawkins that is above average in both run and pass blocking (thinking of Reuben Brown / Incognito) and you now have a strong side of the line.  Dawkins then looks like an All-star.

I'd be interested to hear what someone who was OL football savvy had to say about the what the Bills need on the left side vs the right side.  

I think Dawkins has played in better shape than he showed up this year, but he is a Left Tackle all day and one of the better ones who has shown he can play at an elite level when committed to do so.

This season I just noticed that he had lost a bit on his first step and was struggling and lunging a bit more with those outside speed rushers than he has in years past. A lot of those guys count on playing themselves into shape and maybe that was it, but I have seen him play at a higher level than he has and hoping we get that Dion back - the guy who can erase DL players.

That being said he is the best we have and even when not at the top of his game he is very good and I would not want them to move him anywhere. The same goes for Brown at RT move-wise; you leave him where he is at. He has been wildly inconsistent in pass-pro sets. I am trying to decide if that is just who he is - streaky, or if that is just what happens when you have a second-year tackle who had back surgery over the offseason and needs time to get back into playing shape and find his groove. 

Brown does not seem to have any issues running folks over in the run game - so that is a benefit as long as we don't abandon that for long stretches.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.