Von Miller to IR

Process

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This makes no sense. What is the precious roster spot this opens up in the next four weeks that will make a difference??? None. 

He might be ready to play in a week or two and now he has to sit. 

McD and Beane are playing the long game but they are forgetting that another couple division losses and they may not even make the playoffs.

Win tonight and next week and this move will feel better. Lose either of the next two and the pressure on this team and the coaching staff goes through the roof.

Agreed.  We all know more about his injury and the team's needs more than the team does.  AGREED!!

I like the idea of letting all the swelling go down and then building up the support muscles (quad, hamstring, calf) along with balancing and stretching then returning to activity with a brace and rushing from the side where his outside plant leg will be the healthy one anchoring. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

It may be better to IR Von the rest of the season and go get the surgery now so he is ready to go by TC next season.

Even if he came back how effective would he be ?

He's pushing against 330 lb offensive lineman with a bum knee.

I say shut him down

24 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

It may be better to IR Von the rest of the season and go get the surgery now so he is ready to go by TC next season.

Even if he came back how effective would he be ?

He's pushing against 330 lb offensive lineman with a bum knee.

I say shut him down

Professional athletes play routinely with partially torn miniscus. He’ll have the best therapy and with 4 or 5 weeks to build the knee back up, he should be able to contribute. Shutting him down for the year is not an option. He will be back for the stretch and the playoffs.

• Simon unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I agree.  If he's hurt, he's hurt.  Rest and heal up - get surgery if needed.  But damn, while I'm obviously not ready to completely write off this season as a wash, it's starting to have that feel that it's just not meant to be.  Feels like the team is just bandaged together at this point.

I get the feeling it’s going to be one of those situations where people write them off and they come back healthy in the playoffs and slay  teams.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

You’re talking more ligament tears vs. cartilage.  If he has a piece of cartilage floating around in the joint they may want to do an arthroscopic removal.  That would take a few weeks to fully recover.

I wasn’t talking about ligament tears…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.