Von Miller to IR

Process

This makes no sense. What is the precious roster spot this opens up in the next four weeks that will make a difference??? None. 

He might be ready to play in a week or two and now he has to sit. 

McD and Beane are playing the long game but they are forgetting that another couple division losses and they may not even make the playoffs.

Win tonight and next week and this move will feel better. Lose either of the next two and the pressure on this team and the coaching staff goes through the roof.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I'm assuming they got a second MRI now that it's been a week and the swelling is presumably down.  IR means he'll miss at least 4 games, so do you think they might have decided to do a clean-up procedure now?

It would make sense if they 2nd MRI showed that probably he wouldn't be able to play on the tear (what I hear is some tears you can play on, some you can't)

Where's @Mr. WEO he probably knows about this stuff?

It's outside my area of expertise.  But lateral meniscus "damage" isn't a medically descriptive diagnosis.  "Full tears" are usually repair arthroscopically.  He doesn't seem to have that since he's not having a procedure.  A grade 1 or 2 injury might be amenable to rest/ice/PT etc.  I assume they would just follow his symptoms in that case to judge when he comes back.  Maybe repeat the MRI. 

If he's still pushing for OBJ to the Bills, maybe he just wants a buddy to be on IR with him!

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This makes no sense. What is the precious roster spot this opens up in the next four weeks that will make a difference??? None. 

He might be ready to play in a week or two and now he has to sit. 

McD and Beane are playing the long game but they are forgetting that another couple division losses and they may not even make the playoffs.

Win tonight and next week and this move will feel better. Lose either of the next two and the pressure on this team and the coaching staff goes through the roof.

I think we can all agree that there's no way he would have been able to play vs the jets (maybe would have returned to limited practice next week at best). Can also agree that we don't need him vs the bears. 

Losing him vs Miami sucks but we held them to what 20 points in Miami without 6 starters? We'll be fine without 2. 

Long game is the right move here.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

I think we can all agree that there's no way he would have been able to play vs the jets (maybe would have returned to limited practice next week at best). Can also agree that we don't need him vs the bears. 

Losing him vs Miami sucks but we held them to what 20 points in Miami without 6 starters? We'll be fine without 2. 

Long game is the right move here.

I agree but my point was having him for even a chance to play in 2,3, or 4 weeks is better than whatever stiff takes his roster spot for those 4 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Our pass rush hasn't been great as of late even with Von.  Frazier is having to blitz more to get good pressure lately, which I'm glad he realizes since letting meh QBs pick our weak secondary apart has become beyond frustrating.

We're back at full strength tonight minus von. Let's see what they can do. I think Shaq and Oliver have a good game 

51 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's outside my area of expertise.  But lateral meniscus "damage" isn't a medically descriptive diagnosis.  "Full tears" are usually repair arthroscopically.  He doesn't seem to have that since he's not having a procedure.  A grade 1 or 2 injury might be amenable to rest/ice/PT etc.  I assume they would just follow his symptoms in that case to judge when he comes back.  Maybe repeat the MRI. 

If he's still pushing for OBJ to the Bills, maybe he just wants a buddy to be on IR with him!

You’re talking more ligament tears vs. cartilage.  If he has a piece of cartilage floating around in the joint they may want to do an arthroscopic removal.  That would take a few weeks to fully recover.

2 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

For a team that's 0-2 in the division it could be. If that 1 loss is to the Fins kiss the division goodbye, & it'll be tight getting that wild card spot. If it's to NE or the Jets then we'll loose to the Fins too & 2 losses, we'll need help getting a spot. The AFC & AFC East are so tight this year, not a lot of room for error. These next 3 are crucial bc they're division.

The Bills may very well be in trouble in the division, but the odds of them missing the playoffs are small. 3-3 will get them in no matter who the wins and losses come against.

There's basically 9 teams in play for the 7 spots. A Bills victory against the Pats tonight would essentially drop that list to 8. They're getting in as a wild card at worst

Edited by buffblue

57 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Where was Von when Cousins the statue was carving them up?

He actually made a huge sack making it 4th and 18 or whatever it when Jefferson made that stupid catch. He also had a huge strip sack against the Jets we couldn't capitalize on. Both of those plays should have basically been game sealing. He also made huge game changing plays against the Chiefs.

18 minutes ago, buffblue said:

The Bills may very well be in trouble in the division, but the odds of them missing the playoffs are small. 3-3 will get them in no matter who the wins and losses come against.

There's basically 9 teams in play for the 7 spots. A Bills victory against the Pats tonight would essentially drop that list to 8. They're getting in as a wild card at worst

Hope so.

Knock On Wood Fingers Crossed GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.