Von Miller to IR

Process

16 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Kind of saw this coming since he was home playing modern warfare today on twitch instead of traveling with the team. 

Yes I know he doesn't have to travel but figured he would even if not playing. 

What does this mean? 

15 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Bills super conservative with injuries; no different here. Was hoping but not expecting any different. 

I don't think this is that. I think a lateral miniscus tear could be season ending.

2 weeks was always super ambitious and laced with jeopardy IMO.

Edited by GunnerBill

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

IMO While Von has made some plays, I expected much more.  

I guess the determination of his worth will be seen come playoff time…or a game at the end of the season, if the #1 seed is yet to be decided. 

He has been pretty damn impressive but he isn't the player he was 3-4 years ago. I was hopeful we had that. But I also think he's on a pitch count for impact. 

39 minutes ago, Process said:

Wow!....

Apparently Von was being optimistic on his podcast.

Hopefully he'll be back for the playoffs. And hopefully he's a better source on OBJ than he is his own injury. 😬

Get well soon.

I did NOT see that coming with the way the Bills seem to fight like hell to avoid IR'ing guys who can't contribute for 3 weeks and are hampered in the 4th.

I always kind of felt like the "back by the Jets game" timeline seemed really optimistic. I don't blame Von at all for being optimistic. That's a good mindset to have. I just think it's really asking a lot for an injury like that to only cause two games missed.

In any case, I really, really thought Von had torn his ACL. The fact that he didn't, and that he seems more likely than not to be available for the playoffs, is a huge plus. 

Time for the young pups to step up.

Edited by Logic

30 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

As a guy who had the same injury 3 times and had it scoped all 3 this is something he can most certainly come back from. I am no Von Miller by any means but tore mine sophomore year in the second to last reg season game. Hurt like hell but once swelling went down I taped my leg in a basic cast before every game (was a center) and played through to the playoffs, roughly 4 games more. Got it cleaned and was right as rain after a month.

The next 2 times I was playing softball and flag football....real hero stuff. Know your limits in your 30s. 

Granted this guy is a different beast and with the help of a great recovery team he will be brand new.   

I'm assuming they got a second MRI now that it's been a week and the swelling is presumably down.  IR means he'll miss at least 4 games, so do you think they might have decided to do a clean-up procedure now?

It would make sense if they 2nd MRI showed that probably he wouldn't be able to play on the tear (what I hear is some tears you can play on, some you can't)

Where's @Mr. WEO he probably knows about this stuff?

Edited by Beck Water

22 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I agree.  If he's hurt, he's hurt.  Rest and heal up - get surgery if needed.  But damn, while I'm obviously not ready to completely write off this season as a wash, it's starting to have that feel that it's just not meant to be.  Feels like the team is just bandaged together at this point.

I hear ya.  I have the same feeling- feels like it’s just not meant to be……unless the offense can figured things out and Rousseau can return and dominate. 

There’s a melancholy feeling in the air.  We went from top dog, talk of the league 24/7 to a team that has clearly regressed in the last 4.5 games.  The offense has been turning the ball over and our god-like QB has looked mortal.  Once the best D in the league giving up 14 ppg hasn’t given up less than 20 in the last 4.  

That said, I can’t help but think that this melancholy feeling is going to morph into jubilance over the next few weeks with the potential to turn into something really special.  We have the right QB for the job.  I feel we have the right HC for the job.  I think the GM did his job and will continue to work.  Now we just need the OC to get with the program and flip the switch. Leslie needs to dial up some creativity and confusion.  

I feel the opening day roster minus Micah Hyde is good enough to win the SB.  It’s possible that we’ll have that roster come the playoffs.  We just need avoid more critical injuries. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.