Von Miller to IR

Process

Von obviously was willing to give it a go but the Bills shut him down. This team's refusal to let guys not named Josh Allen go out there and play through injury baffles me. If they are "saving him for the playoffs," they are really misguided. If the Bills lose these next three games they won't make the playoffs. The Bills only have one easy(ish) game left on the schedule. I don't know why this is the news that has finally pushed me into the doom and gloom mood but it has. It feels like, yet again, this is not going to be the Bills year.

• Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As a guy who had the same injury 3 times and had it scoped all 3 this is something he can most certainly come back from. I am no Von Miller by any means but tore mine sophomore year in the second to last reg season game. Hurt like hell but once swelling went down I taped my leg in a basic cast before every game (was a center) and played through to the playoffs, roughly 4 games more. Got it cleaned and was right as rain after a month.

The next 2 times I was playing softball and flag football....real hero stuff. Know your limits in your 30s. 

Granted this guy is a different beast and with the help of a great recovery team he will be brand new.   

• Like (+1) 2

Well, this sucks.  Bills are going to have to blitz more to get pressure.  They really need Tre and Tremaine back healthy for this to work.  Tremaine makes QB's hesitant when he is in coverage because of his size, speed and range.  It's a group effort to cover for this loss.  Hopefully they are up to the challenge.

If the Bills get an effective (not necessarily healthy) Von back for the playoffs but have to sacrifice home field advantage to achieve this, I guess I take that trade.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Von obviously was willing to give it a go but the Bills shut him down. This team's refusal to let guys not named Josh Allen go out there and play through injury baffles me. If they are "saving him for the playoffs," they are really misguided. If the Bills lose these next three games they won't make the playoffs. The Bills only have one easy(ish) game left on the schedule. I don't know why this is the news that has finally pushed me into the doom and gloom mood but it has. It feels like, yet again, this is not going to be the Bills year.

There was absolutely little to no chance he was playing against the Jets.  

People obviously don't understand this isn't a minor injury.  Better than an ACL, but no sure thing he's even back this year...

Hopefully hes back this yr for end of season/playoffs, but Bills aren't going to rush an injury like this.  Also need that roster spot.

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

we need him now...he's not being saved. He's injured and can't play

Yes, he is injured. But they are also saving him from himself in a way. Von said 2 weeks. The team says no, we need you in the Playoffs. Sit down for a month. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.