Tyler Bass named AFC ST Player of the Month for November

YoloinOhio

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/01/tyler-bass-is-the-afc-special-teams-player-of-the-month-2/

Bass connected on 12-of-13 field goals and 8-of-9 extra points in four games. His 44 points were a league-high in November.

According to the league, Bass was the only player to hit six field goals of at least 40 yards. He was 5-of-5 on 40-yard attempts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Except when he missed that extra point to go up four with a few minutes left, he played great!

I was down on him at the time when he missed that too but after the way things played out I think it might have worked out in the Bills favor.

If Detroit was down 4 at the end of that game they would have obviously went for it on 4th down and the way their offense was moving the ball that day I'm not sure the Bills could have stopped them from scoring a TD being in 4 down mode.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I still say he should have gotten AFCSTPOTW for the Browns game.  But this is good too.

He would have if there wasn’t a walk off game winning punt return for a TD in the final seconds.  Jones deserved it, jmo

• Agree 1

Congrats to Bass. I remember a lot of fans being down on him his rookie season, even when folks were pointing out bad holding mechanics. Laces out! Ahem.

Bass' 101 points leads the NFL so far this season. Some fantasy owners must be thrilled too.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Remember how big a deal the Pats having Vinatieri used to be???Oh Boy High Quality GIF

Yep, A lot of New England's early dynasty success came off of his leg late in games. So quick to forget.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Pretty cool award and well deserved. 

Unfortunate that his one missed kick of the month loomed large in the Jets game. 

Yes it did, but Bass didn’t allow Wilson to look like a Competent NFL QB. 
    He is the best kicker we have had since Christie. Kicking in Buffalo is a different sort of skill.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.