12/1/22 Week 13 Bills at Pats* Pregame Thread Primetime on Prime!

Chandler#81

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Tone on WGR 550 this morning is scared. 

Scared of the Bills offense not looking good, scared of what Belichick has up his sleeve, feeling pressure to win a division game. 

I don't have fear of the Patriots. They're not a good offense. They have a Top 10 defense. 

We have Josh Allen. I think we can get to the mid-20's in points and win the game. On a lesser extent, can this offense get back into the mid-30's scoring, I do have some desire to see that gear again. But more so, I want to see Allen play a cleaner game, mix in designed runs, and want to see Gabe Davis contribute more than 30-yards. 

If our defense can do its job and not make Mac Jones look like an All Pro, I’m not worried on that end. Will help if Tre can play and be serviceable. Edmunds back helps. Groot lessens the blow of losing Von. We can hold them to under 20 points, especially if we can get any pressure on Mac.

On offense Dawkins out sucks. Need to get JA17 back in his groove.  My fear is if he’s playing rushed or nervous, those errant throws start happening. As many have said, imperative that we establish a running and screen game that we can rely upon. Maybe time to unleash Hines in the offense. We know Diggs will come to play… need Davis and McKenzie to do the same. Suspect Knox will be anchored to the line most of the night. 

I’m optimistic, but not comfortable yet. Belichick is not looking to get embarrassed for his third straight game against us. This is as close as we get to a ‘must win’ game. I think tonight should give us a pretty good idea as to what we have in Frazier and Dorsey. 

Let’s go baby!!!

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Lots of money coming in on the Pats. The line has moved 2 whole points from -5.5 to -3.5. 

Not that much...

Bettors love Buffalo

The Buffalo Bills are currently 3.5-point road favorites against the New England Patriots on Thursday night. That line is down two points from the opening number, when the Bills opened as a 5.5-point favorite. The line movement is a bit surprising when you realize that bettors are actually siding with Buffalo.

Currently at BetMGM, 77% of bets and 75% of the betting handle is backing Buffalo to cover the spread as a road favorite. Despite the massive discrepancy in wagering action, the line is moving against the Bills.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-betting-bettors-love-the-buffalo-bills-on-thursday-night-against-the-patriots-181941157.html

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

If our defense can do its job and not make Mac Jones look like an All Pro, I’m not worried on that end. Will help if Tre can play and be serviceable. Edmunds back helps. Groot lessens the blow of losing Von. We can hold them to under 20 points, especially if we can get any pressure on Mac.

On offense Dawkins out sucks. Need to get JA17 back in his groove.  My fear is if he’s playing rushed or nervous, those errant throws start happening. As many have said, imperative that we establish a running and screen game that we can rely upon. Maybe time to unleash Hines in the offense. We know Diggs will come to play… need Davis and McKenzie to do the same. Suspect Knox will be anchored to the line most of the night. 

I’m optimistic, but not comfortable yet. Belichick is not looking to get embarrassed for his third straight game against us. This is as close as we get to a ‘must win’ game. I think tonight should give us a pretty good idea as to what we have in Frazier and Dorsey. 

Let’s go baby!!!

23/37 for 240 yards is all-pro level? 

48 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Just saw that Von Miller has 27 pressures on the season along with 8 sacks.
Rousseau, Epenesa, and Basham have a combined 25 pressures and 10.5 sacks.

Where can we get another Von Miller?

To be fair Von has 450 snaps and those 3 guys combined have 758, so the ratio is not that bad (Von is obviously Von).

22 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

23/37 for 240 yards is all-pro level? 

Interesting that was the only thing you pulled from my comment. It’s an exaggeration… but would say Zach Wilson, Jacoby Brissett and Jared Goff looked a little better than they should’ve while playing us.  

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

Compared to last year's 100 MPH wind game in OP tonight's weather will feel like 70 with no wind.

Still bundling up. I realized my attire was inadequate so I invested in a down jacket and snow pants. Tonight will be the first trial. I'll be ready for the next sub-zero playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1

This is when Mac Jones started to decline last year.  Cold & windy isn't his thing.

He had his best game as a pro against the Vikes last week.  If you watched that game, his pocket was clean for most of the passing plays.  Contain Stevenson as much as possible, and get pressure on Jones, and this should be a win.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not that much...

Bettors love Buffalo

The Buffalo Bills are currently 3.5-point road favorites against the New England Patriots on Thursday night. That line is down two points from the opening number, when the Bills opened as a 5.5-point favorite. The line movement is a bit surprising when you realize that bettors are actually siding with Buffalo.

Currently at BetMGM, 77% of bets and 75% of the betting handle is backing Buffalo to cover the spread as a road favorite. Despite the massive discrepancy in wagering action, the line is moving against the Bills.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-betting-bettors-love-the-buffalo-bills-on-thursday-night-against-the-patriots-181941157.html

A few must be putting some big money on the Pats, if the line is coming down yet majority of bets are on the Bills to cover.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Still bundling up. I realized my attire was inadequate so I invested in a down jacket and snow pants. Tonight will be the first trial. I'll be ready for the next sub-zero playoff game.

make sure you get Hunter Heat Packs for boots/shoes and gloves.  Cannot overemphasis how important these are for comfort and not feeling like your feet are going to fall off from being frozen.