12/1/22 Week 13 Bills at Pats* Pregame Thread Primetime on Prime!

Chandler#81

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

For a little insight, IF the Bills lose tonight, the sky will fall if Miami and KC win. Best case then is 3 road playoff wins.

IF we win, Miami loses to SF & Cinci beats KC, we’re alone atop the Conference.

Doesnt get much bigger!

Very big game for sure!!  Huge swing for the good or bad if things line up just right . . . Let's get this one tonight and sit back and enjoy the other games this weekend!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I agree with Cosell in that we need to add talent to offense but we aren't a bunch of bodies other than Josh.

We haven't played well, especially Josh for a few game stretch.  Leads the league in INT's and has been brutal in the redzone....yet we are still 2nd in the league in scoring.  So if Josh is struggling and we can still put up points....how is that possible?  It's because we have talent on offense.  Just because you need to add talent doesn't mean you don't have talent currently. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I think some of the trolls here hate us "homer" fans so much that they actually hate the Bills now

There was a kid that came to school in a Bengals jersey the day after they Ickey Shuffled all over the Bills in 1989. He was an Internet troll before the invention of the World Wide Web.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I think some of the trolls here hate us "homer" fans so much that they actually hate the Bills now

I don’t think most hate the Bills (some sure, probably are fans of other teams).  I think they feel they need to constantly prove they are right.  And sometimes that means the Bills need to lose so they can be right.  So them being right, and making sure everyone knows they’re right (even if its just one time out of 10) takes priority over the Bills winning.  

Back to matters at hand... from my readings and observations, this is the game to blitz.  Get pressure on their QB!  On the other side, quick passes. This would be a great game to figure out how to run a screen play.

Do those 2 simple things and I think its an easy win. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I agree with Cosell in that we need to add talent to offense but we aren't a bunch of bodies other than Josh.

We haven't played well, especially Josh for a few game stretch.  Leads the league in INT's and has been brutal in the redzone....yet we are still 2nd in the league in scoring.  So if Josh is struggling and we can still put up points....how is that possible?  It's because we have talent on offense.  Just because you need to add talent doesn't mean you don't have talent currently. 

this is fair. i get this. i really do..... that being said. does it not feel like almost every play, first down, or score is just overly laborious? We went from watching an offense flow and work in rhythm to every snap looking like even scoring drives are pulled out of hat and strenuous as hell. do you not watch and think, where are the easy completions i see for other qb's all over the league? because i do.

the last couple games i've talked myself off the ledge by saying "well we scored 31, and then 28. chill dude". But then i find myself saying "HOW THE HELL DID WE SCORE 31 AND 28???"

Edited by Stank_Nasty

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The winning strategy from here on out is simple.  If we get in the red zone, josh needs to take a designed sack the next play to get us back out of the red zone.  Then we can keep firing TD passes to Diggs with no worry of turnovers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

this is fair. i get this. i really do..... that being said. does it not feel like almost every play, first down, or score is just overly laborious? We went from watching an offense flow and work in rhythm to every snap looking like even scoring drives are pulled out of hat and strenuous as hell. do you not watch and think, where are the easy completions i see for other qb's all over the league? because i do.

I feel like this is slump that we've had every year.  They pick it up.

We were 7-6 at one point last year.  Dolphins, Colts, Jags and Jets.  We couldn't do anything on offense against the Jags and Colts...nothing.  Dolphins, we struggled a bit.  Jets we blew out in that stretch. 

In 2020, Titans, Chiefs, Jets and Patriots our offense was terrible....18 ppg for a 4 game stretch.  We ignited after the Seahawks game.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tone on WGR 550 this morning is scared. 

Scared of the Bills offense not looking good, scared of what Belichick has up his sleeve, feeling pressure to win a division game. 

I don't have fear of the Patriots. They're not a good offense. They have a Top 10 defense. 

We have Josh Allen. I think we can get to the mid-20's in points and win the game. On a lesser extent, can this offense get back into the mid-30's scoring, I do have some desire to see that gear again. But more so, I want to see Allen play a cleaner game, mix in designed runs, and want to see Gabe Davis contribute more than 30-yards. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

the last couple games i've talked myself off the ledge by saying "well we scored 31, and then 28. chill dude". But then i find myself saying "HOW THE HELL DID WE SCORE 31 AND 28???"

I think that it's a matter of perception coupled with the Bills recent struggles in the RZ. In that Lions game where they "struggles," the Bills still had 401 total yards of offense to the Lions 326. I never would have guessed that until I looked at the stats. Motor had 72 yards on 14 carries for a 5.1 yard average. It didn't seem like that watching the game. All that being said, they have to start scoring TDs when the field gets compact and their long routes are not longer in play. That's on Dorsey.

22 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Not really...some drives aren't good but others they make it look easy.

40 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think it is time to see some play-design from our OC. 

The Bills need to play a clean game. 

Does anything look easy tonight? Do we get some 20 yard plays again? Or is it more of Josh Allen having to run for his life, making a living on broken plays, having to drop sideline dimes for toe-tap catches all night?

45 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

There was a kid that came to school in a Bengals jersey the day after they Ickey Shuffled all over the Bills in 1989. He was an Internet troll before the invention of the World Wide Web.

Same as the kid (Phil Rapold) who was rooting for the Giants in Super Bowl XXV. 

51 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't see us winning anymore games by double digits. And that's ok. Just like tonight we'll have to be smart,  not turn the ball over and grind out close W's. Start consistently doing what the pundits like Cowbell said we couldn't do. 

• Like (+1) 1