12/1/22 Week 13 Bills at Pats* Pregame Thread Primetime on Prime!

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, wjag said:

I can't see them doing that.  He isn't in game shape or game speed yet.  It would be different if he was pulled off a practice squad rather than his sofa.  It's probably Gentry again, IMO.

In order to elevate Gentry, we would have to cut someone from the 53 man roster.  He's had his 3 elevations for this season (first one was Pittsburgh)

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Greg S said:

This is true. Then 10 days to get healthier for the Jets. 

It is in effect a "mini-bye" to ramp up for the final five games.  Great timing for this team.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

🫣

Well, I'll be the first to admit I thought Beach Chairs would make a bigger difference.  It appears that was not the case.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

🫣

Oooooh....anyone wanna make a bet that didn't get played in the WR room and the OL room meetings?  Maybe on a tape loop.

I can't disagree with him.  We were hoping that Gabe Davis, Isaiah McKenzie, and most of all Mr Big Contract Dawson Knox would step up.

That has not happened to date.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

🫣

Hard to disagree with his take. As @dave mcbride said, Simms has been on it a while. Not just this year, but last year as well. And, I think we all think they had more reliable receiving options last year.

I’m rarely critical of Beane, but I’ve been dying for them to stock up the offense in the draft in the early rounds. You can win a SB without a perfect defense. It’s almost impossible without a QB. We have the hardest position in sports sorted out and we need to get him everything he needs to succeed. Even at the expense of the defense. I don’t need another Epenesa, Boogie Basham, or Bernard. Sure, I’m pulling for their development as a sunk cost, but it’s hard not to look at those selections as opportunities missed to this point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

if you have been around long enough, over 6 decades, as I have, gut feelings can be looked back on as one of those "I just had that feeling" moment in life. in this case, my gut tells me this game is when the bills turn it around and look like the team that came out of the gate, back in sept.

it will be a dawg fight but the bills will let everyone know, who stays on the porch...

giphy.gif

GO BILLS!!!

GOBILLS.jpg

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

🫣

I can’t argue with Greg the oline really is kinda average, the running game has been better the last few weeks but still a work in progress, and the WRs let’s face it Knox isn’t playing like his contract and Davis until the Chiefs game last year was number 4 on the depth chart for a reason.
Much less Isiah not really living up to being the new slot guy. Maybe Allen isn’t the person at fault for all the offenses problems which may shock a few people on this board. For the rest of us we kinda knew this all along. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I disagree with Cosell here. Knox and Davis are not jags. They just aren't being used enough, Knox in particular.

Knox and Davis are the definition of jags. 

He is spot on. Bad o line. Bad coordinator. Very little above average talent.

We have maybe the best QB in the NFL and we should be doing everything we can to build around him. Our lack of investment on the offense should be criminal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3

1 minute ago, Process said:

Knox and Davis are the definition of jags. 

He is spot on. Bad o line. Bad coordinator. Very little above average talent.

We have maybe the best QB in the NFL and we should be doing everything we can to build around him. Our lack of investment on the offense should be criminal.

Bad take.  Knox and Davis are both above average, and improving, at their positions.

Problem is the OL.  It has a trickle down effect....

1. Knox: has to be used to chip/block .Orr often, limiting his targets and free releases.

2. Davis: because we have to chip with a TE or RB (even against 4 man rushes), that's 1 more defensive player to help in coverage.

Beane has to have improving OL as priority #1 next offseason, then continue adding playmakers.

• Agree 2

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Bad take.  Knox and Davis are both above average, and improving, at their positions.

Problem is the OL.  It has a trickle down effect....

1. Knox: has to be used to chip/block .Orr often, limiting his targets and free releases.

2. Davis: because we have to chip with a TE or RB (even against 4 man rushes), that's 1 more defensive player to help in coverage.

Beane has to have improving OL as priority #1 next offseason, then continue adding playmakers.

Davis is too inconsistent. He's a #3 WR. I do think Knox is better than his numbers indicate, partly for the reason you indicate. OL and WR need premium pick investment.

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, eball said:

It is in effect a "mini-bye" to ramp up for the final five games.  Great timing for this team.

Well, I'll be the first to admit I thought Beach Chairs would make a bigger difference.  It appears that was not the case.

Since your a big " homer" I thought I'd share this with you. A little reality check.  Have you ever heard Greg Cosell? He is a very respected football analyst. Here is what he's recently said:

We’ve become so enamored with Allen as a talent…they don’t have a good OL…they have one good receiver and a bunch of other guys…this is not a super talented offense.” 

@GregCosell not pulling any punches discussing what he sees from the Bills offense.

Folks it's time to wake up and see the Bills team for what it is. They aren't winning out or winning a Super Bowl. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Davis is too inconsistent. He's a #3 WR. I do think Knox is better than his numbers indicate, partly for the reason you indicate. OL and WR need premium pick investment.

The offense is no longer quick strike and explosive. Greg Cosell has just recently stated this:

We’ve become so enamored with Allen as a talent…they don’t have a good OL…they have one good receiver and a bunch of other guys…this is not a super talented offense.” 

@GregCosell not pulling any punches discussing what he sees from the Bills offense.

This guy is as sharp as they come. He knows personnel and Xs and Os. A football guru if you will. When he says something like this Bills fans should be concerned. The alarms bells are ringing. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Since your a big " homer" I thought I'd share this with you. A little reality check.  Have you ever heard Greg Cosell? He is a very respected football analyst. Here is what he's recently said:

Folks it's time to wake up and see the Bills team for what it is. They aren't winning out or winning a Super Bowl. 

good take. 

now go back to eating your bowl of pissed in Cheerios. 

:)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Don’t let the door hitcha where the Good Lord splitcha. 😒

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I love Cosell and I listen to his segments all the time.  It doesn't mean he's perfect.  His opinion should be held as gospel?

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/27/texans-davis-mills-catalyst-optimism-houston/

“I actually think the Texans are going to be a better football team,” Cossel said. “First of all, Davis Mills really improved as the year went on, and I think he can be a solid NFL quarterback. And I think they made some meaningful draft picks, and I think they have some good players now. Again, like I said, I’m not going to speak about record, but I think Kenyon Green, who they drafted in the first round, will start and improve their O-line. I love John Metchie.”

12 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Yep, right on schedule

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The offense is no longer quick strike and explosive. Greg Cosell has just recently stated this:

This guy is as sharp as they come. He knows personnel and Xs and Os. A football guru if you will. When he says something like this Bills fans should be concerned. The alarms bells are ringing. 

“I actually think the Texans are going to be a better football team,” Cossel said. “First of all, Davis Mills really improved as the year went on, and I think he can be a solid NFL quarterback. And I think they made some meaningful draft picks, and I think they have some good players now. Again, like I said, I’m not going to speak about record, but I think Kenyon Green, who they drafted in the first round, will start and improve their O-line. I love John Metchie.”

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Hey, Einstein, the Cosell quote is what i was responding to.

It really sounds like you could use a break from the board.  I suggest renting a movie tonight and taking some time off from the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1