12/1/22 Week 13 Bills at Pats* Pregame Thread Primetime on Prime!

Chandler#81

It’s December!  Christmas 🎄is close -and the anticipation grows for end of the year gift giving. 🎁 It’s time to send our letters 📬 to Santa 🎅🏼 Pro Bowl accolades, Division seedings and playoff berths await all the good little boys and girls. 😇

This season has been completely upside down regarding strengths of schedule. Teams expected to be great have sucked and teams expected to suck have been great! With a few notable exceptions, we TBD’ers are a very astute following of the NFL. We’ve ALL been bamboozled this year! Thankfully, we have Josh, Stephon, Matt, TBass and Von to keep things mostly on track. (Get well SOON, Von!) It’s also a time to reflect on Christmas seasons past, notably 1990. Similarly, that year we were beaten by the Dolphins in  sweltering Miami September heat and were tied with them as the holiday approached, with them having the tie-breaker. That December rematch featured Frank Reich at the helm and one month later our preseason sugarplum dreams were realized with our 1st Super Bowl. 

This year, Every Division foe is formidable and with 1 month remaining, we’re winless against them! That MUST change today! In ‘90, 3 of our Division teams sucked (Indy). This year, all 4 may make the playoffs! Our quest for a 3rd straight Division title begins this evening in ‘Fauxborogh’ where slapping the Pats* is essential. Overall, they’re a solid if unspectacular team this season. We simply must crush their lofty hopes as we enter December Mode! The Bears & Bengals are the lone non-division games left on the schedule and THEY’RE formidable as well! For the Bills, it’s absolutely GO TIME! -and Grinch Time! No more turnover gift giving. No more Drive sustaining long 3rd Down conversions. No more missed tackles. No more ‘tummy aches’ holding out starters and most importantly, no more surrendering leads!

If the Bills truly wish for a Super Bowl berth awaiting them under the 🌲 , they must show 🎅🏼  they’re WORTHY from this day forward through February 3rd!

It starts tonight in prime time (again!) on Amazon Prime!

Go BILLS!

Happy Holidays!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAPPY GAME DAY, TBD! .... It's going to be a long day of anticipation, but use that extra energy to be super productive at work today. Give your boss the extra effort they deserve. Show our Bills what it takes to get the job done with passion and efficiency. In short, like our Bills, be a winner! Crush the day! .... And then come home and settle in to watch our boys crush the Hoodie and his merry men. (I can't wait for those highlight of Josh running by a gassed and wasted Judon. Those images are priceless.).

As @Chandler#81 says, it is "GO TIME!" December is here and it's time to be totally Grinchy! "No more turnover gift giving. No more Drive sustaining long 3rd Down conversions. No more missed tackles. No more ‘tummy aches’ holding out starters and most importantly, no more surrendering leads!"

So, have a great day, and all together now:

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Healthiest we’ve been in a while…finally a full week of uninterrupted practice…this will be the Bills team we expect to see.

McCorkle doesn’t stand a chance.

Let’s go, Buffalo!  17 and 3, BABY!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

Did I miss the uniform reveal?  What are we wearing tonight?

As Yolo stated, our all whites while -I believe- Pats* are wearing their Throwbacks with the Revolutionary  soldier hiking the ball

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

As Yolo stated, our all whites while -I believe- Pats* are wearing their Throwbacks with the Revolution soldier hiking the ball

Yup, I just went to the Gridiron Uniform Database to confirm.  A shame we aren’t wearing the throwbacks also but the all-whites is a good look.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, eball said:

Yup, I just went to the Gridiron Uniform Database to confirm.  A shame we aren’t wearing the throwbacks also but the all-whites is a good look.

our all whites are pretty close to throwback except for the logo. I prefer Pats reds over current

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, eball said:

I hope the Bills wear the all-white throwbacks at home this year. At that site if you look at the Dolphins-Bills game you see its blank for both teams. I wonder if the Bills break out the all-white throwbacks in that one. The other home games against the Jets and Pats show both of those teams wearing white jerseys. So, the Bills will be wearing a dark jersey (hopefully not red) in those games.

1 hour ago, OZBILLS said:

Whats the weather like?

1 hour ago, SMAKCruiser said:

It looks like it's going to be in the 30s with winds up to 10mph

the wind gusts tonight are going to be higher than normal. Looks like in the 20s MPH. But I don’t see that as a huge issue, esp since I don’t believe the wind is as much of an issue on the field there as it is in buffalo.