Would Cole Beasley come back to Buffalo?

Warriorspikes51

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Disagree. Bease's bread and butter was getting hit on quick slants or short verticals to make the quick catch and scoot for another few yards. This is exactly what Brady loves to do with his little WRs.

He wasnt going deep, and then coming back and improvising when Josh broke the pocket.

Bease was doing the same thing in Tampa, making the quick catch, but NOT getting the additional yards. He came up short of the 1st down marker on 3rd down multiple times, and was released.

He was the vet presence on the field that had the ability to find the hole in the zone and find the opening for Josh to get him the ball.  It didn't require going deep and coming back.

And "multiple times"?  He only played 2 games for TB. Had 4 catches on 5 targets.  His first catch was for 1st down on a 4th down conversion, so your "multiple times" is literally based on 3 catches.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

I don't get some of the hate for Beasley here. Is it still the COVID stuff?

He's spent the last several months on social media trashing Buffalo and saying that he's glad he isn't here anymore. So it's actually the opposite of what you're saying - some people who saw him as a hero for his covid stance aren't able to see that he's no longer a starting caliber player and a problem child on top of that.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

The guy could have been less public about. At the time, people’s family members were dying. Don’t ask, don’t tell with my employer. 

This I agree with.  I dont think his emotional maturity is the best thing he has going for him.

Edited by thenorthremembers

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He's spent the last several months on social media trashing Buffalo and saying that he's glad he isn't here anymore. So it's actually the opposite of what you're saying - some people who saw him as a hero for his covid stance aren't able to see that he's no longer a starting caliber player and a problem child on top of that.

I don’t care about the Covid stuff. It was a unique moment for the entire planet, and people are entitled to options. The issue with Bease is that it extends past that topic. He has a lot to say, between his Twitter account, and inability to filter himself, the possibility for controversy is always there. I don’t think any NFL team would want him at this point. The possibility for major distractions, and needing to release him to save face is always there. A 30 something slot receiver isn’t worth it. 

Edited by SirAndrew

28 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Disagree. Bease's bread and butter was getting hit on quick slants or short verticals to make the quick catch and scoot for another few yards. This is exactly what Brady loves to do with his little WRs.

He wasnt going deep, and then coming back and improvising when Josh broke the pocket.

Bease was doing the same thing in Tampa, making the quick catch, but NOT getting the additional yards. He came up short of the 1st down marker on 3rd down multiple times, and was released.

THIS. 100,000 times. THIS. 

To the people who have no worries that he would divide the locker room... look at his damn Twitter page.

He's re-tweeting stuff like this and it's a problem.

Cant believe you guys can't see that.

He also DOESN'T know the Offense, so I'm not sure why anyone is saying that. Dorsey's offense is not the same as Daboll's.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

He was the vet presence on the field that had the ability to find the hole in the zone and find the opening for Josh to get him the ball.  It didn't require going deep and coming back.

And "multiple times"?  He only played 2 games for TB. Had 4 catches on 5 targets.  His first catch was for 1st down on a 4th down conversion, so your "multiple times" is literally based on 3 catches.

So on Tampa that had lost a bunch of WRs due to injury, the best he could get was 5 targets. And on 4 catches he had 1 success and 2 failures to pick up the 1st down.

Garbage stats. He's done.

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

To the people who have no worries that he would divide the locker room... look at his damn Twitter page.

He also DOESN'T know the Offense, so I'm not sure why anyone is saying that. Dorsey's offense is not the same as Daboll's.

Locker rooms in the NFL are diverse.  Believe it or not, everyone’s life doesn’t revolve around social views and/or whether or not they can associate with people who think differently. 

Diggs, Davis and McKenzie all stay in touch with Beasley and speak of him as a close friend.  I don’t know .. maybe they’re all white supremacists though. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

So on Tampa that had lost a bunch of WRs due to injury, the best he could get was 5 targets. And on 4 catches he had 1 success and 2 failures to pick up the 1st down.

Garbage stats. He's done.

LMAO, you act like our own receivers, not named Diggs and who are younger, are tearing it up out there. What's their excuse?

Do you have video of his other catches or are you just making it up as you go?  Not to mention, TB has looked downright terrible at times this season, but great job throwing that at the feet of the receiver that just got there.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I think you're exactly right that the Bills didn't expect McKenzie to replace Beasley.  They expected to replace Beasley with 4 different guys:

1) Platoon McKenzie and Crowder.  Taron Johnson commented that switching them off was a nightmare to cover because they were so different.

The two of them together would project to 72 receptions, 744 yds, 50 1D over 16 games - which is quite reasonable production from the slot. 

2) The Bills made it clear they wanted a pass-catching RB and I believe they intended to replace part of the route package Beasley ran with passes from the RB.  That hasn't quite worked out.  Cook has not stepped up in that role yet (that route vs the Lions - UGH)

3) As a former QB, I think Dorsey wanted to see a big body (Dawson Knox) across the middle.  But we've been needing Knox to block or at least chip and release, and something was going on with him - I think he was struggling to catch in practice or something after losing his brother, because before the Browns game, Knox had less than half the targets of last year.  Hopefully that's turning around.

People are dissing McKenzie because there are a crowd here who are reactive AF.  He's had a handful of very visible gaffs, most of which arguably aren't entirely his fault

I agree that you have outlined what was the plan.  But now it needs to change.  The following has happened:

1.  The platoon of McKenzie and Crowder is blown apart.  And Shakir does not fill the Crowder/Beas role.

2.  The pass-catching RB screen game is not at the level we hoped.  Not only the RBs, the connection/chemistry is not there.  Josh's passes often times seem too lofted, with too much hang time, so the opposing LBs can react.  Josh was much better with the darts to Beas.

3,  One thing you forgot is that their plan also happened to be cost effective /cheaper (Beas at the time was thinking around $6M I believe).  That large expense looks gone now.  They should be able to get Beas at a discount rate.

other comments

I don't diss McKenzie, although he had a rough patch he's pulled out of it.  I worry about our depth at slot.

For the Beas is washed crowd, what exactly is washed out?  Beas was not a speed guy, he is a gut it out, find the opening and dive

The leaving of Beas was largely economic - see Smoke.  The Bills were not going to pay what those two wanted at the time.

Beas needs to make the move and call the FO, like Smoke did, to show he now understands the business side -and the Bills valuation was not an insult

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Dude is beyond washed up and he was never that good to begin with. We're better off without his 0 YAC.

This is a bad take.  Beasley was certainly a top slot receiver in the league for his first 2 years in B'lo and arguably instrumental in Josh's development as a QB who could make reads and throw guys open.

True that his performance fell off by several metrics (Y/R, 1D etc) last season, and his performance became more inconsistent game to game.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, Billz4ever said:

LMAO, you act like our own receivers, not named Diggs and who are younger, are tearing it up out there. What's their excuse?

Do you have video of his other catches or are you just making it up as you go?  Not to mention, TB has looked downright terrible at times this season, but great job throwing that at the feet of the receiver that just got there.

They all have better stats than Beasley, and you can look up every play on the ESPN game trackers. This isnt the first time this conversation has been had here, that's why some of us already know this stuff. But keep making excuses for your culture warrior who is an old broken-down WR.

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He claimed he didn't want to come back and that we "didn't know what really happened" here. Wonder why the sudden change of heart?

Why do you think it's a change of heart, just because someone threw him some looooove on twitter and he liked it?

11 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Fantasy but…

Diggs

OBJ

Davis

Brown / Beasley / McKenzie / Shakir

is a heck of a WR room

As a practical matter, teams keep 5 or 6 WR on their roster, and usually the 5th and 6th guys have to play ST.

KC has 5 right now, with a starter on IR.

Buffalo started the year with 6 on their roster and has 2 on IR.

There is no way we are going to be able to accommodate 7 bodies in the WR room with 0 of them significant players on ST.

So yeah, Fantasy.

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They all have better stats than Beasley, and you can look up every play on the ESPN game trackers. This isnt the first time this conversation has been had here, that's why some of us already know this stuff. But keep making excuses for your culture warrior who is an old broken-down WR.

LMAO, of course they have better stats than Beasley, they've been on an active roster all season. 

And then you claim that's all he was able to produce?  LOL, he literally played NINE snaps all game against GB.  But yes, that's all on him.  ROFL

I think you're making it up as you go.

17 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Most people know how to separate football and politics.  You should try it sometime.

Weird how whatever his political belief are weren't a distraction before, eh?

Edited by Billz4ever

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

Good points, but judging how this season of freak injuries is going who is to say that any of the above receivers are going to survive unscathed? You could sign him to the practice squad could you not?

You could.  But an intended point I made in another post was that, when given the opportunity to stay on the practice squad and do what the PS guys do with no immediate outlook of making it on to the 53 man roster, in Tampa - Beasley "nope!'d " right outta there.

I don't think he's interested in grinding away on the PS doin' what the unsung PS guys do to help the team.

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

You would take 2020 Beasley- maybe 2021 Beasley. Not sure about if we want 2022 Beasley.  He’s been missed and I’d love to add an earlier version of him.  Just not sure if he has anything in the tank.  Considering we are running Tanner gentry out there, I’d rather go with cole.  

Geary and Turner on one of the Cover1 podcasts said "the Bills have 4 NFL WR right now"

Ouch for Gentry

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1