Would Cole Beasley come back to Buffalo?

Warriorspikes51

Unlike our crappy QBs of the past, we don’t need a giant lumbering WR over sized guy. We need a slot WR that has twitch quickness, snappy cuts. Example—Beasley-like outlet, my recency bias. Maybe cook someday. Josh needs his the 1st down stick outlet. 

9 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

While Beas was a valuable player while here, he also hosed himself, and the end result was of his own making.

How many times at work have you heard the phrase “don’t burn your bridges”

8 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Don’t want to say much about a player who is retired , yet there are several pages devoted to his “ return”:already posted here, and included was a discussion about certain rights ;  plus he is the subject of your post if I am reading that correctly.   Sorry if I’m wrong  😊  An analogy might be some people apparently are arguing over/ discussing a certain Supreme Court ruling involving similar rights involving one’s body. 
     Reading all the posts suggesting they would welcome Beas back , I wonder why a player would ever want , theoretically, to return to play in a community where he was cursed at ( sadly many names were used on these pages, not by you ) and insulted with name calling such as “ he thinks he is some deep thinker”?  I apologize if there is any similarity to real life as I mean no disrespect. 
     Just asking a simple question as most players seem to prefer going to where they are wanted, right? I mean he did play through a broken fibula in the playoffs, an admirable trait you would think might make him a fan favorite and he did help in Josh’s developement! 
Booing probably doesn’t make one feel “ wanted” either,  but hey , I am no expert or pro athlete.  Tampa did CHOSE him , he just decided to retire later, so “ no one wanting to deal with him” is probably factually incorrect ; sorry to point that fact out.

Because you are not someone who gets random info and obviously stays on top of facts  that are not obtained from someone like Rogan as mentioned in your post,  might I just suggest to consider reading an experts published email after performing accepted research. Irs an official recommendation for all Florida Med professionals ( to all pharmacists, Drs for example) SENT FROM the Fl Surgeon General ( not a Rogan type or some random site 😊).  It’s not in medical jargon either!  Science evolves and the surgeon general is well recognized and published. His latest email from the Fl. dept of health , went out to all medical professionals on 12/2/22, so it’s current.  Google can prob find it if you’re interested.  Denmarks actions are interesting as well. Just some sources that seem professional , perhaps useful to those with families , and it’s just an example that sometimes things we thought we knew, perhaps changed as we have learned more.  ( not my personal opinions being offered,  just providing one example of a resource for educational purposes that are interesting, not random,not political,  that are on the internet  😊) Just wondered if it’s possible to view Beas in a different light as you stated he ruined / ended his own career ?  
     I agree with you about Beas , as much as I like him , prob can’t offer much two years past his best season with the Bills. Maybe Crowder will heal soon enough to come back and contribute!  Mckenzie is good but risky to depend on.  Who knows what they are doing with shakir?  Happy holidays!  🎄

You really took the scenic route in patting your own back and showing everyone how much smarter you are.

Subtle. Humble. Stunning. Brave.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

What mishandling?  I think it's more likely than not that the Bills may have suggested putting Beasley on IR and letting his ribs heal, especially once it was known they were broken (I think it's possible they didn't know at first - believe it or not, cracked ribs on a muscled up bod are difficult to see until they start to heal). 

He's known to have pitched a fit and fought to play the previous year, on a broken leg, taking massive doses of pain killers.  Yes, the Bills could have IR'd him against his wishes, and then he'd have been all butt-hurt about that.

I love organizational apologists especially when they apply their own slant on why decisions are made. When did a player’s reaction to being IRd determine  the club’s choice to do it.?It’s all about production and medical clearance. My problem with Cole’s treatment was that he was demonized publicly for his reluctance to get vaccinated. Other players did it and it was kept under wraps and respected. True Cole’s reaction was an embarrassment and way over the top,but a productive player who was an integral part of the team has to be protected from himself. His time on our team and ultimately his career was brought to an end by the inability to manage this issue.

19 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Unlike our crappy QBs of the past, we don’t need a giant lumbering WR over sized guy. We need a slot WR that has twitch quickness, snappy cuts. Example—Beasley-like outlet, my recency bias. Maybe cook someday. Josh needs his the 1st down stick outlet. 

How many times at work have you heard the phrase “don’t burn your bridges”

Not burning one’s bridges is an adults thought process, non juvenile humans that employe such concepts tend to have more options in life. 

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

McKenzie converted 4 1D on his 5 receptions vs. the hated Cheatriots, the week after he converted 4 1D and a TD on his way to 103 Y/Sc for a much-needed road win against the Lions - and what you have to say as a fan is "More poor plays than good, I hope Beane finally sees this and kicks him to the curb".  Jeebus.

McKenzie is not a great or maybe even an average pro player.  He is physically limited - a Smurf.  Yes he makes mistakes.  I'm pretty sure he has far more Homer fans than I, who would not ack that. 

I would be happy if we had a better WR on the roster this season (hint: Shakir is not it at present, despite your earlier paen exhaulting him), or if Beane upgrades next season.

Here's the thing: all of our players make mistakes.

Josh has been the King of Mistakes at times this season, throwing 2 INTs per game for 3 successive games,  2 of which we lost.  He threw 2 4Q picks vs the Packers which would have given a better team a chance to get back in it one on the GB 3 yard line.  On that play, McKenzie had his DB boxed on the R goal line and Josh could have placed a ball where it would be McKenzie, or No One instead of trying to force it to Gabe.  Made it a 24-17 game with more than 6 minutes less, how often have we seen Rodgers pull those out of his hat?  Josh threw a 3Q pick deep in Bills territory, to a place where Davis wasn't, that gave the Jets the lead 17-14 and they never gave it back.  Josh threw a 4Q and an EZ pick in the RZ vs Minnesota. 

I don't say this to dunk on Josh, whom I love - but these are mistakes I remember because they directly and credibly impacted the outcome of the game in 2 of our 3 losses.  Without them, we would arguably be 11-1 and headed for home field and a bye, not 9-3 and spinning the Prayer Wheel today for the Bengals to bail us out.  And maybe if Josh targeted Knox or McKenzie more, both of whom are often open as outlets underneath (or just threw it away), there would be better outcomes, not worse.

Meanwhile, folks like you who call yourself "fans" feel entitled to flap your lips and dunk on the guy, and paint anyone who points out the unreasonableness of your claims as some kind of blind homer.  I'll make you the same challenge that I made Alphadog7 with his "made mistakes on his routes many times that cost us".  If there are so many route running mistakes that cost us, surely they should be memorable enough for him to point a few of those route running mistakes out.   Same to you.

McK has a 70% catch % on 35 receptions, 5 TD, 25 1D.  Does he have the production we all hoped for from the slot position? No.  Has he made mistakes? Yes.  I can think of about 4.  But if there are "more poor plays than good", surely an observant Bills fan such as yourself should be able to recall and point, oh, 30 or so of them out?

You're coming across as a blind hater on a guy who, whatever his shortcomings may be, has contributed this season.  The fact that you paint someone who can merely acknowledge good contributions as some kind of uber McKenzie homer seems to clinch that.

SMDH.

Awesome post!!! Thank You!👍

And statistically with less than half the targets this year thann Beasly got, McKenzie is overall averaging about the same as Beasley did over his 3 yrs in Buffalo. 

On 12/2/2022 at 9:22 AM, Eastport bills said:

Unfortunately the 2021 mishandling of Beasley  effectively ended Cole’s career, and it’s a damn shame. Cole’s polarizing stance on  his personal medical autonomy ended his appeal for other franchises. He was injured and played through it last year and it affected his production. Josh loved him and trusted him and we weren’t able to replace him from within. Hopefully it doesn’t come back to haunt us.

It was not his stance it was being outspoken about it.  Josh never got vaccinated and he feels the same way as Beasley pretty much.  

45 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I love organizational apologists especially when they apply their own slant on why decisions are made. When did a player’s reaction to being IRd determine  the club’s choice to do it.?It’s all about production and medical clearance. My problem with Cole’s treatment was that he was demonized publicly for his reluctance to get vaccinated. Other players did it and it was kept under wraps and respected. True Cole’s reaction was an embarrassment and way over the top,but a productive player who was an integral part of the team has to be protected from himself. His time on our team and ultimately his career was brought to an end by the inability to manage this issue.

I think I'm outta here.  You like to toss around words like "organizational apologist" while being an "organizational critic" of what?  The Bills somehow "failing" to "protect Cole from himself" how?  By locking him in a room, deprived of internet access and cell phones?  It's on the Bills to "manage" Cole's free speech decisions? 

Enjoy your world.  It must be unique.

As for the rest, we aren't going to agree - Cole's speed to run deeper routes thus his YPC and YAC - his ability to get 1D- were in decline all season, not just when he injured his ribs and for the usual healing time afterwards.  I'd bet his GPS showed a decline.  If he were still Cole of 2020, he'd still be here.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

On 12/1/2022 at 9:53 AM, damj said:

He took some shots at Buffalo when/after he left. I'll never be a fan of his again, but if re-signing him gives us a better chance to win the SB, then get it done. 

You won't be a fan of his, but you will agree to sign hm to help us win.??

That says a lot about you.  

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

@Beck Water not going to repost your tome, just respond;

Pffffft.. Back up material -at best.

And that’s an opinion, to which you are entitled.  

But when you start dunkin’ on a Bills player who just had 2 good games for us with “more mistakes than good plays” blah blah blah, expect to be asked to “show your work”.  That’s really Weak Fan Sauce when he’s playing well for the Bills, even if you do legit think he’s a backup-grade player and we need an upgrade.  

(I’d like an upgrade myself)

It won’t be from me today, though.  I plan to sit here, appreciate the Christmas decor, quaff tasty adult beverages, and enjoy the games.

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I think I'm outta here.  You like to toss around words like "organizational apologist" while being an "organizational critic" of what?  The Bills somehow "failing" to "protect Cole from himself" how?  By locking him in a room, deprived of internet access and cell phones?  It's on the Bills to "manage" Cole's free speech decisions? 

Enjoy your world.  It must be unique.

As for the rest, we aren't going to agree - Cole's speed to run deeper routes thus his YPC and YAC - his ability to get 1D- were in decline all season, not just when he injured his ribs and for the usual healing time afterwards.  I'd bet his GPS showed a decline.  If he were still Cole of 2020, he'd still be here.

You don’t have to announce you’re outta here:  Just go.Since you’re big on stats, give the stats on catches for the slot guys who replaced Cole. Crowder, McKenzie, Shakir and Stevenson have half of Cole’s receptions combined through 12 games. Injuries aside, despite your profound analysis about his speed in decline, they didn’t want him running deeper routes. He was a 3rd down machine getting tough 1st downs. The conditions Cole dealt with as unvaccinated were very difficult and the team exposed him to fan alienation by making it public that he wasn’t a “team guy”.  Whether he was the Cole of 2020 or even 2021, would you prefer him to the cast of characters we’re throwing out there? Probably not , you’re a true believer.

5 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

It was not his stance it was being outspoken about it.  Josh never got vaccinated and he feels the same way as Beasley pretty much.  

Yea, I agree but don’t you think it didn’t have to get so adversarial, where the guy couldn’t come back and was labeled a malcontent effectively ending his career. He left plenty of blood on the field and his teammates loved him. Cole was a gamer. He just can’t get out of his own way.

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

Yea, I agree but don’t you think it didn’t have to get so adversarial, where the guy couldn’t come back and was labeled a malcontent effectively ending his career. He left plenty of blood on the field and his teammates loved him. Cole was a gamer. He just can’t get out of his own way.

who labeled him a malcontent?   I don’t believe that is why he is not playing.  Anyway he should have kept his mouth shut.  Things you say publicly matter even if you think you are right sometimes the smart move is to go about your business.  He definitely let it all out on the field.  

Edited by Matt_In_NH

3 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

You don’t have to announce you’re outta here:  Just go.

I consider it a courtesy to someone I’m involved in discussion - feel free to put effort into a response, but do it knowing I won’t engage further

If you don’t see it the same way, that’s fine, but I’ll follow my own standards, Thanks.

50 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

who labeled him a malcontent?   I don’t believe that is why he is not playing.  Anyway he should have kept his mouth shut.  Things you say publicly matter even if you think you are right sometimes the smart move is to go about your business.  He definitely let it all out on the field.  

What makes you an authority on proper behavior? Modern day pro athletes are all over social media. This guy was berated for not being Vaxed and not supported by the.coaches or management. Many players were not vaxed and were anonymous and treated as normal. Given the evolution of the virus and the vaccine’s inability to control transmission, people that were fired or demonized for their medical decisions, should be allowed to express their displeasure. He paid the ultimate price.

7 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I’m not sure he wasn’t vaccinated.  Josh just expressed some hesitation when the vaccines first came out. 

17 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

I’m not sure he wasn’t vaccinated.  Josh just expressed some hesitation when the vaccines first came out. 

Yeah. Josh took the wait and see approach. In hindsight a great decision. 

• Simon locked this topic