Would Cole Beasley come back to Buffalo?

Warriorspikes51

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

The Bills don't appear to want him back. Who cares what he wants.

He isn't what he was. For several years he was excellent at handling both zone and man. Then his ability to handle man took a massive dip. It's not a mistake that his yards per reception took a massive drop, and was even lower in Tampa, though sample size makes his Tampa work statistically insignificant.

That's even before getting into his constant willingness to be a distraction and to break team rules.

But he still made clutch catches on 3rd down. We don’t have that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Forgive me for not reading the 1000 posts.....but arguing which WR is this or that, to me is stupid. This line is *****. I'm sorry to say the old cliche that we're building for the long term. I believe in  Beane staggering contracts and am sure he'll build a hell of a line next year. This year, I'm gonna enjoy the ride. I'm not gonna expect a SB win, but if it happens, great. We're doing great considering and the show ain't over til the fat lady sings. Gonna be a great weekend to see some damage done. We make a statement....and then get 10 days off.

Fins whipped on, Cincy wins, Jets lose and the Titans get beat up. Perfect.

Edited by nosejob

4 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

But he still made clutch catches on 3rd down. We don’t have that. 

Buffalo ranks 2nd in the league at 3rd down conversion rate percentage.  Less than half a percent difference behind 1st place KC. 3rd place Philly is more than 3 percent behind the Bills.

Edited by Scott7975

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Buffalo ranks 2nd in the league at 3rd down conversion rate percentage.  Less than half a percent difference behind 1st place KC. 3rd place Philly is more than 3 percent behind the Bills.

Right. And imagine adding a proven slot WR that knows the offense and has rapport with Josh. There is no downside in my opinion. If he doesn’t play well then release him. 

on another note, didn’t Tavon Austin leave BUF because he wasn’t getting opportunities to play. Why can’t he come back? 

9 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

In no way would I not take Cole back..

Cole at 60-70% is better than McKenzie at 100%.

I disagree Isaiah gets yac. ...and if that hasn't been proven so far...he's saving our ass every other game wtf?

7 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Disagree. Bease's bread and butter was getting hit on quick slants or short verticals to make the quick catch and scoot for another few yards. This is exactly what Brady loves to do with his little WRs.

He wasnt going deep, and then coming back and improvising when Josh broke the pocket.

Bease was doing the same thing in Tampa, making the quick catch, but NOT getting the additional yards. He came up short of the 1st down marker on 3rd down multiple times, and was released.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

THIS. 100,000 times. THIS. 

While I get where you are coming from, this is not really close to a fair analysis really though in regards to his 2 games in TB.  And he wasn't let go because he was useless, he was   

1. Cole was coming off sitting on his couch, played immediately in 2 games out of desperation due to TB injuries to WR's.  He was NOT anywhere close to game ready shape.  So to judge him this harsh fresh off his couch after not playing any football or practices in 9 months is a bit extreme.  Not to mention, he had only 5 targets (caught 4 of them).  
  2. He didn't even know the playbook or have any rapport yet with Brady, yet still caught 4 of 5 passes and converted a 4th down.  
  3. Cole's value here is substantially higher than in TB for a number of reasons:
    1. He knows the offense, he knows Allen.
    2. He can get into better game shape prior to the playoffs if he came in soon.
    3. A big part, and its a really big part, of Allens game is off improvising and extending plays.  Cole already has that chemistry with Allen and is a VERY cerebral player and can find those soft spots coming back to help Allen when he is extending plays to convert important 3rd downs.

There is NO DOUBT that Cole is NOT the same player he once was.  BUT...he can still be a contributor here, especially once he gets more of his game ready legs under him.  It's not like we cant win the SB this year without him, but he definitely could contribute some, especially on key plays we need to extend drives.  I would trust him 100 times more than I would trust McKenzie on say 3rd and 6 on a key drive.  McKenzie is an absolute liability catching in traffic, he can not pick up tough yards consistently.  

So for me...100% I would be open to Cole coming back.  Do I think its a must do move?  No, of course not, but I do think he can still have some value to this team this year, and the locker room loves him and his toughness.  And this team could use some toughness outside Diggs and Allen in the passing game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

While I get where you are coming from, this is not really close to a fair analysis really though in regards to his 2 games in TB.  And he wasn't let go because he was useless, he was   

1. Cole was coming off sitting on his couch, played immediately in 2 games out of desperation due to TB injuries to WR's.  He was NOT anywhere close to game ready shape.  So to judge him this harsh fresh off his couch after not playing any football or practices in 9 months is a bit extreme.  Not to mention, he had only 5 targets (caught 4 of them).  
  2. He didn't even know the playbook or have any rapport yet with Brady, yet still caught 4 of 5 passes and converted a 4th down.  
  3. Cole's value here is substantially higher than in TB for a number of reasons:
    1. He knows the offense, he knows Allen.
    2. He can get into better game shape prior to the playoffs if he came in soon.
    3. A big part, and its a really big part, of Allens game is off improvising and extending plays.  Cole already has that chemistry with Allen and is a VERY cerebral player and can find those soft spots coming back to help Allen when he is extending plays to convert important 3rd downs.

There is NO DOUBT that Cole is NOT the same player he once was.  BUT...he can still be a contributor here, especially once he gets more of his game ready legs under him.  It's not like we cant win the SB this year without him, but he definitely could contribute some, especially on key plays we need to extend drives.  I would trust him 100 times more than I would trust McKenzie on say 3rd and 6 on a key drive.  McKenzie is an absolute liability catching in traffic, he can not pick up tough yards consistently.  

So for me...100% I would be open to Cole coming back.  Do I think its a must do move?  No, of course not, but I do think he can still have some value to this team this year, and the locker room loves him and his toughness.  And this team could use some toughness outside Diggs and Allen in the passing game.  

He can't still be a contributor here IMO. I think he is washed. I didn't think he was good last year. His numbers flattered him and were more Josh than Beasley. He consistently struggled to make plays he made in the other 2 years. Would he catch some balls if they were thrown his way? Sure. But he has no YAC ability at all at this point. And the guys we have there - particularly Mczkenzie and Knox are open enough. The ball just isn't going there often. I'd rather we just throw them the ball. 

Beas was terrific here his first two years. He played a big part in making us contenders and in Josh's development. For that he has my gratitude. He can't still play. And Beane knows it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Every break up with someone thinking, "I don't need this s**t. I can do better."? I know I have. And then a couple years later I realized, no, no I can't do better.

Ever break up with someone because they are not who they were when the relationship started? That’s more accurate haha. If tb couldn’t use him with all the receiver injuries they had he is likely washed 

15 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Ever break up with someone because they are not who they were when the relationship started? That’s more accurate haha. If tb couldn’t use him with all the receiver injuries they had he is likely washed 

My take was Beasley's POV. Yours is the Bills. They do not contradict each other as they don't represent the same party.

4 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Hope in all the pages it was addresssed that the Bucs own his rights

If he was on their practice squad when he left they might not be able to stop the Bills from signing him to the active roster.

lol, who the hell am I kidding?

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He can't still be a contributor here IMO. I think he is washed. I didn't think he was good last year. His numbers flattered him and were more Josh than Beasley. He consistently struggled to make plays he made in the other 2 years. Would he catch some balls if they were thrown his way? Sure. But he has no YAC ability at all at this point. And the guys we have there - particularly Mczkenzie and Knox are open enough. The ball just isn't going there often. I'd rather we just throw them the ball. 

Beas was terrific here his first two years. He played a big part in making us contenders and in Josh's development. For that he has my gratitude. He can't still play. And Beane knows it. 

This is exactly right, his most recent dozen games or more of tape is the reason I find it difficult to imagine management would consider a reunion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2