Would Cole Beasley come back to Buffalo?

Warriorspikes51

4 minutes ago, julian said:

As with most things in life, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. You’re correct about some loving him for his beliefs but the original poster was also correct about many writing him off for those same beliefs, and most in both camps won’t admit it.

Fortunately I believe most people don’t care one way or another and will call it like they see it on the field.

Davis had the same beliefs as Beasley, just wasn't as public about it, and I haven't seen anyone calling to cut him because of it. The truth isn't in the middle. He became a very public problem on the team, trashed the city and coaching staff on his way out and as recently as last month, and looked completely done as a receiver in his limited time with Tampa. It's over. He isn't welcome back here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Davis had the same beliefs as Beasley, just wasn't as public about it, and I haven't seen anyone calling to cut him because of it. The truth isn't in the middle. He became a very public problem on the team, trashed the city and coaching staff on his way out and as recently as last month, and looked completely done as a receiver in his limited time with Tampa. It's over. He isn't welcome back here.

Like I said most won’t admit it lol…. I wasn’t saying you were in camp A,B or C … but you just planted your flag 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Your locker room contacts must keep you well informed. Covid stance🤷🏼‍♂️ free speech, medical freedom.. sure he is/was vocal.

All that said, I still would wager 17 would love to have him on 3 downs. Falling down, stumbling and washed up, that ball likely gets thrown to Beese

As much as I like Beasley, he is out of football for a reason.  Last year there was a drop off in his play.  Two years ago he was fantastic on third down.  Dorsey has to have plays to utilize the slot WR better.  Shakir is a kid who will surprise if he gets the ball. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

6 catches (of 13 targets) for 60 yards and 4 1st downs over 4 games is "an outsized value"??

come on...he was a complete non-factor.

I think he extended drives and made the D cover underneath stuff.  im just trying to express how what we have behind diggs and davis at wr is so utterly trash that having almost anyone (crowder being like JAG+) to stick in improves our O non linearly.

Bease would be great to add, he would only need to play in at most like 8 games rather than the 20 game slog that had him broken down the end of 2020 and most of 2021. 

I don’t think Brown and Bease are long term fixes but for a few games this season, I think they are talented enough and familiar enough with the team to potentially make this offense much more consistent and dangerous. I guess we will see what happens!

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, colin said:

I think he extended drives and made the D cover underneath stuff.  im just trying to express how what we have behind diggs and davis at wr is so utterly trash that having almost anyone (crowder being like JAG+) to stick in improves our O non linearly.

He extended 4 drives over 4 games.  

McKenzie is better than Sanders in that role than Crowder was. 

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He's washed. He's a punk. He wanted out of Buffalo, and now that he has seen reality of the outside world, wants back in. Tough.

If he could play at all, I might be interested. But he's physically done and not worth the hassle.

Seems like a contradiction or if not that, a classic example of situational ethics. 

Below, see his stats while with the Bills. If I remember correctly, Beasley was regarded in at least one publication as the top slot receiver in 2020. Regardless, Josh and he seemed to always be on the same page and Beasley knew how to move the sticks. We saw in the most recent game against the Lions when Shakir? and Allen were not on that same page and the WR settled down in the middle of the field when Josh expected him to continue his crossing pattern. Except for a little luck the pass would have been intercepted. Anyway, Beasley was a rock and played for the Bills when he was really hurt and received a bunch of crap because he believed that he should be able to exert some control over what went into his body. 

The fact remains that you, I or anyone else on the outside have no clue as to what really transpired between Beasley and the Bills or Bucs. The claim by people that he is washed up has no basis in reality and seems to be more confirmation bias and a fit for a preconceived narrative than something based on fact. 

2019Buf15.00-067 778 11.66

2020Buf15.00-082 967 11.84

2021Buf16.00-082 693 8.51

I always liked Beasley and respected his play.

Sadly, the whole vaccination issue became a big political thing, so logic no longer applies. It becomes Red Team vs Blue Team.

The good news? The Bills (America's Team) colors are red AND blue, so sign the man and let's get that ring!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Seriously? Look at the below Tampa stats and reconcile those with your comments. In 2 games he was targeted 5 times and caught 4 of those from a QB that actually is playing like he's washed up.

2022 TB2——5 4 17 4.25—51

One might think that based on facts your sentiment that "he isn't welcome back here" is based on something other than stats.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Seriously? Look at the below Tampa stats and reconcile those with your comments. In 2 games he was targeted 5 times and caught 4 of those from a QB that actually is playing like he's washed up.

2022 TB2——5 4 17 4.25—51

One might think that based on facts your sentiment that "he isn't welcome back here" is based on something other than stats.

You're using 4 catches for 17 yards as evidence of what?

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Can be said for every single NFL fan with what we know about players and owners and the league in general.

So, if O.J. still had the same skills as he had in his prime you'd be OK with bringing him back?

In answer to the thread title question,

Answer = yes

The real question should be, Would the Bills want him?

Answer = a high probability of “no”

Just now, HappyDays said:

You're using 4 catches for 17 yards as evidence of what?

I'm using 4 catches on 5 targets as a statistic woefully short of making any factual assumptions. Remember, you stated this: "and looked completely done as a receiver in his limited time with Tampa. It's over. He isn't welcome back here."