Would Cole Beasley come back to Buffalo?

Warriorspikes51

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

You could.  But an intended point I made in another post was that, when given the opportunity to stay on the practice squad and do what the PS guys do with no immediate outlook of making it on to the 53 man roster, in Tampa - Beasley "nope!'d " right outta there.

I don't think he's interested in grinding away on the PS at this point.

The Bucs kept reverting him to the practice squad after games and was only eligible for one more elevation from the practice squad when he decided he was done.

• Like (+1) 1

It's like asking:

If a girl split up with an old ass, broke down, redneck, mullet wearing, wouldn't get vaccinated boyfriend who was also just dumped by someone else (the Bucs) and she was doing just fine without him, why would she want him back? Why? It's not like he brought her to a climax(SB)while dating. He's not worth the trouble/aggravation. She can and is doing better without him. just my opinion.

18 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

This is a bad take.  Beasley was certainly a top slot receiver in the league for his first 2 years in B'lo and arguably instrumental in Josh's development as a QB who could make reads and throw guys open.

True that his performance fell off by several metrics (Y/R, 1D etc) last season, and his performance became more inconsistent game to game.

Don't exaggerate my meaning. i didn't say that he was terrible at his peak, I said he "was never that good", and he wasn't. He was never an elite player at any point in his career where he never eclipsed 1000 yards, 6 touchdowns and just barely scraped by 350 yards of YAC once. If you needed a player to catch the ball and fall down, he was ok at that, but he had several clutch time drops too on key downs. He was an adequate player that benefited from a system where he saw heavy utilization - not unlike John Brown. He was a top 50 guy for a minute, but not the elite player that folks in Buffalo thought he was. A lot of players would have been as or more successful int he same position.

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

It's like asking:

If a girl split up with an old ass, broke down, redneck, mullet wearing, wouldn't get vaccinated boyfriend who was also just dumped by someone else (the Bucs) and she was doing just fine without him, why would she want him back? Why? It's not like he brought her to a climax(SB)while dating. He's not worth the trouble/aggravation. She can and is doing better without him. just my opinion.

Didn't you hear? The Bills have no talent on offense and we need to load up to prevent a 20 year Dolphin reign atop the AFCE. I read all of that right here!

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

It's like asking:

First off.. weird. 

Second.. nobody is watching our offense, in relation to winning a Super Bowl, and thinking “this is fine”. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

LMAO, of course they have better stats than Beasley, they've been on an active roster all season. 

And then you claim that's all he was able to produce?  LOL, he literally played NINE snaps all game against GB.  But yes, that's all on him.  ROFL

I think you're making it up as you go.

So they have been able to make an active roster, and Bease cant make a single active roster across the league, but Bease is better/just as good as they are. Ok. Great logic.

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

So they have been able to make an active roster, and Bease cant make a single active roster across the league, but Bease is better/just as good as they are. Ok. Great logic.

LMAO, you're the one that tried using guy's stats on an active roster to compare to Beasley after I point out the guys that are actually playing and aren't named Diggs aren't exactly tearing it up.  They are, in fact, underperforming expectations.

They'd BETTER have better stats than Beasley. 😂

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

First off.. weird. 

Second.. nobody is watching our offense, in relation to winning a Super Bowl, and thinking “this is fine”. 

Weird, maybe, but you got the point. The OP started a thread about Cole possibly coming back, no?

Nobody is looking at Cole and thinking "yeah, he's the answer to our SB quest". Maybe McBeane bashers. Ask Tom and the Bucs, who need more help at WR than we do, why he's not there anymore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Weird, maybe, but you got the point. The OP started a thread about Cole possibly coming back, no?

Nobody is looking at Cole and thinking "yeah, he's the answer to our SB quest". Maybe McBeane bashers. Ask Tom and the Bucs, who need more help at WR than we do, why he's not there anymore.

How do you think McKenzie would do in Tampa with Brady?

Brady and Beasley have zero chemistry.

Josh and, even a washed Beasley, do. 

At least we’d have someone in the slot that will go where Josh trusts him to be and not spaz out when the ball hits him in the hands.

Our slot WR situation is one of the worst in the league so far this season.   It went from being a huge part of this offense to an absolute joke.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

How do you think McKenzie would do in Tampa with Brady?

Brady and Beasley have zero chemistry.

Josh and, even a washed Beasley, do. 

At least we’d have someone in the slot that will go where Josh trusts him to be and not spaz out when the ball hits him in the hands.

Our slot WR situation is one of the worst in the league so far this season.   It went from being a huge part of this offense to an absolute joke.  

I think McKenzie would still be on the roster. Unlike Cole. IMO, it's time for Cole to hang 'em up. He's had a good career. Now he can rap or dj, or whatever it he does for fun. He's earned it. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Don't exaggerate my meaning. i didn't say that he was terrible at his peak, I said he "was never that good", and he wasn't. He was never an elite player at any point in his career where he never eclipsed 1000 yards, 6 touchdowns and just barely scraped by 350 yards of YAC once. If you needed a player to catch the ball and fall down, he was ok at that, but he had several clutch time drops too on key downs. He was an adequate player that benefited from a system where he saw heavy utilization - not unlike John Brown. He was a top 50 guy for a minute, but not the elite player that folks in Buffalo thought he was. A lot of players would have been as or more successful int he same position.

I don't believe I'm exaggerating your meaning.  I think I understand it very well.  I just disagree with you, to the point where I think you have a very bad take.

I think Beasley was very very good, maybe elite, slot at his peak and he showed it in Buffalo.  "Eclipsing 1000 yds" is not a good metric for a guy who plays almost every snap from the slot.  Guys who grab more yards from the slot are usually guys who play elsewhere 40% of their snaps.

I didn't like his public behavior last year, I don't agree with his public stance on a number of issues, but I say "Give the Man his Propers" as a player.  He was a Baller, and in the 2019-2020 window with the Bills, he was in fact a very very good if not elite slot.  Characterizing him as "catch the ball and fall down" is just wrong.  In 2019-2020, ~40% of his yards came after the catch.  In 2020 he was responsible for more than 20% of the team's passing 1D.

I don't have the Beasley nostalgia of others. People aren't considering that while it's using the same terminology, 70-80% of the offense is new.  I don't think Dorsey doesn't see the slot position the same way Daboll did, and if 2020 Beasley walked in the door there's no guarantee that he'd be used in the same way that made him so productive in Daboll's offense. 

But give the man his propers; at his peak here he was very very good, and saying he wasn't is just a bad take.  Period.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Was never a fan of Crowder.  Didn't think he was that great in Wash or NY and never saw what the front office saw in him bringing him here.

He had games against the Bills as a Jet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

He's spent the last several months on social media trashing Buffalo and saying that he's glad he isn't here anymore. So it's actually the opposite of what you're saying - some people who saw him as a hero for his covid stance aren't able to see that he's no longer a starting caliber player and a problem child on top of that.

As with most things in life, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. You’re correct about some loving him for his beliefs but the original poster was also correct about many writing him off for those same beliefs, and most in both camps won’t admit it.

Fortunately I believe most people don’t care one way or another and will call it like they see it on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Devilmann said:

I’d take Beasley over McKenzie and Shakir any day of the week and to be honest I wish he never left. We need a good slot receiver and McKenzie hasn’t been the answer. 

Pretty sure that was supposed to be Crowder. An no, Crowder was not an answer either... I am really disappointed by that pick up.

• Like (+1) 1