Would Cole Beasley come back to Buffalo?

Warriorspikes51

7 hours ago, Devilmann said:

I’d take Beasley over McKenzie and Shakir any day of the week and to be honest I wish he never left. We need a good slot receiver and McKenzie hasn’t been the answer. 

Beas always found that sweet spot. Bring him back to teach Shakir. Mackenzie is a gadget guy who lacks the instincts to find that spot and settle - nothing against him, just not his game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't get some of the hate for Beasley here. Is it still the COVID stuff? He was a warrior for us. And his specific component is what the offense has been missing. 

If he's in shape, I'd take him back easy. I'm not sure what happened with him in Tampa...it was a real down field attack so maybe he just had trouble learning the offense and saw he was not a fit. 

Would not be the first time we brought back someone who was a misfit elsewhere. Phillips, Lawson, Marlowe, etc..

Contrast with Smoke Brown who's return most folks are happy about. I'd be happy to see Beezer back. 

• Thank you (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I don't get some of the hate for Beasley here. Is it still the COVID stuff? He was a warrior for us. And his specific component is what the offense has been missing. 

If he's in shape, I'd take him back easy. I'm not sure what happened with him in Tampa...it was a real down field attack so maybe he just had trouble learning the offense and saw he was not a fit. 

Would not be the first time we brought back someone who was a misfit elsewhere. Phillips, Lawson, Marlowe, etc..

Contrast with Smoke Brown who's return most folks are happy about. I'd be happy to see Beezer back. 

It's the "me first, team last" adolescent twitter rants, regardless of the topic.

And what happened in Tampa was simple. He's old and his body is done and he couldnt pick up the 1st downs anymore. Back to back games he came up short by a couple yards, got chewed out by Brady, and then was released. And then said he didnt want to be there anyway. Like typical Bease.

3 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

If you put all of the Covid controversy stuff aside, Beasley was an awesome addition to this team and sadly his role has not been replaced. He would be a great addition for depth at this point.

OK, who we cut to put him on the roster?

Gabe Davis, the only apparent deep threat on the team and 2nd on the team with 650 receiving yards (also 5 TD)

Khalil Shakir, our newly drafted guy who has shown some flashes, and who many have praised and wondered they don't see more?

Isaiah McKenzie?  He's the populist choice here with many clamoring for his head, but he's contributed 6 TD and 21 1st downs (projects to 10 TD and 34 1D in 16 games) and he just had a 103 yd game.  As Cover1 put it, "he's the only receiver on the team who can consistently outrun a DB and get open".  If you read between the lines of McKenzie's locker room interview this week, he knows it could happen, I'm not sure it's the smart move.

Not sure it's the smart move to cut any of these in favor of a guy who's been sitting on his sofa and who "took his ball and went home" in Tampa when asked to live on the practice squad and play ST, especially when it's not clear he'd be nearly as effective in Dorsey's play designs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Gabe Davis, the only apparent deep threat on the team and 2nd on the team with 650 receiving yards (also 5 TD)

Khalil Shakir, our newly drafted guy who has shown some flashes, and who many have praised and wondered they don't see more?

Isaiah McKenzie?  He's the populist choice here with many clamoring for his head, but he's contributed 6 TD and 21 1st downs (projects to 10 TD and 34 1D in 16 games) and he just had a 103 yd game.  As Cover1 put it, "he's the only receiver on the team who can consistently outrun a DB and get open".  If you read between the lines of McKenzie's locker room interview this week, he knows it could happen, I'm not sure it's the smart move.

Not sure it's the smart move to cut any of these in favor of a guy who's been sitting on his sofa and who "took his ball and went home" in Tampa when asked to live on the practice squad and play ST, especially when it's not clear he'd be nearly as effective in Dorsey's play designs.

I doubt it happens because he knows it would be a practice squad job, maybe he can get the permanent call if he makes an impact but its not a ton of money for a guy who made like 30 million in his career.  

However... at one point with Kumerow and Crowder this team had 6 WR on the active roster.  Moving Benford to IR sort of opens up a spot there (i assume he only comes off if someone gets hurt).  Lewis probably can come off.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I missed this interview.  What did McKenzie say?

• Like (+1) 1

I would love to have Beasley back, and I personally only have love for the guy, but sometimes things get said during breakups that pretty much put a finality on things. The icing on the cake so to speak. The things he spoke about after his release were kind of that I believe. Loved the toughness (he played with a friggin broken leg), appreciated all he did, but the time has passed. 

Edited by H2o

31 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Bring him back. He's a baller who has a knack for getting open, has good hands, and decent YAC. I couldn't care less about his political views on vaccines. The pandemic is pretty much moot at this point anyway. 

Not in two years. His time in Tampa was "catch and fall down", and just short of the 1st down.

44 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's the "me first, team last" adolescent twitter rants, regardless of the topic.

And what happened in Tampa was simple. He's old and his body is done and he couldnt pick up the 1st downs anymore. Back to back games he came up short by a couple yards, got chewed out by Brady, and then was released. And then said he didnt want to be there anyway. Like typical Bease.

Who has Brady not chewed out at Tampa in 2022?

19 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Nice to see that people are open to bringing him back. The Bills just don't look the same without him. 

5th best offense last year. Currently 2nd. 

They have not replaced Bease (or they did but the replacement broke his leg) but they are still funcitoning at a high level. I'm open to bringing him back if he has anything left but if Brady couldn't find a use for him, not sure Josh will. 

• Like (+1) 1