Would Cole Beasley come back to Buffalo?

Warriorspikes51

12 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I love Cole, but why kill McKenzie after he saved our ass with his best game in 2 years against Detroit?

I think people are dissing McKenzie because of incorrect expectations. When I look at his stats for the season, he is actually around his averages or above in most cases since being here. Reality is, he is not Beasley and won't be. If the coaches thought he would be, they wouldn't have drafted Shakir or brought in Crowder. Team knows what they have. McKenzie is a Man match up wr and not a zone wr. His best plays are on the move, not sitting down in a zone. Hopefully we will see him go off again tonight. 😁

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Mickey said:

This thread kind of reminds me of the time I wanted to call my ex to see if maybe we could make another go of it but then remembered that I had an order of protection against them after they broke into my apartment, pulled every picture of an old gf I had, tore them into pieces and then set them on fire on the living room floor. Landlord was not amused.

That's okay Mickey, by the sounds of it Minnie was ***** Goofy.

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Since he retired under contract to Tampa… wouldn’t he need to unretire and have Tampa waive him?

Had the same question. Sounds like he was on the practice squad & only elevated for games (I'm reading between the lines on this). So if he returns he can be signed to anyone's active roster from there. Anyone else know for sure? (Not that I think Beane will do this unless he's desperate bc I think Beane thinks he's washed, IMO)

https://sports.yahoo.com/buccaneers-wr-cole-beasley-retires-2-weeks-after-signing-with-tampa-bay-163441927.html

34 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I think people are dissing McKenzie because of incorrect expectations. When I look at his stats for the season, he is actually around his averages or above in most cases since being here. Reality is, he is not Beasley and won't be. If the coaches thought he would be, they wouldn't have drafted Shakir or brought in Crowder. Team knows what they have. McKenzie is a Man match up wr and not a zone wr. His best plays are on the move, not sitting down in a zone. Hopefully we will see him go off again tonight. 😁

I am assuming he is seeing a lot more time on the field and a much more regular role on offense this year so we are right to expect more production.

36 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Sounds right on the money. Why do you think Shakir has not been targeted at all? He’s got ability. I wonder if Josh just has him buried in the back of the progressions.

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

Sounds right on the money. Why do you think Shakir has not been targeted at all? He’s got ability. I wonder if Josh just has him buried in the back of the progressions.

I think he has had trouble learning to read NFL defenses and making hot reads on the fly. The physical ability is there.

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I am assuming he is seeing a lot more time on the field and a much more regular role on offense this year so we are right to expect more production.

And he is doing that. But when you have 5+ years of data and averages, you can't really expect a LOT more than what he's alrready shown. If you expected 80+ catches and 800-1,000 yards, your expectations are way off.

6 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I thinks there's a multitude of reasons. We know the Bills tend to bring rookies on slowly and with the vets of Crowder early on and McKenzie, he wasn't getting time to build the trust with Josh and as I said in other posts a 47% catch rate doesn't help. With McKenzie not being great against zone, I would have expected more snaps for Shakir and I do expect more going forward. He's still got time to learn and find ways to get seperation, but he's got to catch it when he IS targeted. I think tonight will be a good time for him to show what he's learned and what he can do.

Bease had an innate knack for finding the open spot to get a first down, and rarely dropped one of Josh's bullets.  He kept the chains moving.

Yeah, if he's still got anything, I'd love to have him back.  Besides, my wife has the #11 Beasley shirt, so there's that.

1 minute ago, SoMAn said:

Bease had an innate knack for finding the open spot to get a first down, and rarely dropped one of Josh's bullets.  He kept the chains moving.

Yeah, if he's still got anything, I'd love to have him back.  Besides, my wife has the #11 Beasley shirt, so there's that.

Same. My wife’s first jersey. She feels she cursed the whole thing 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I think Crowder was meant to replace Beasley this year. They don't have that 3-7 yard zone killer. 

But I'm not sure how much gas (if any) he has left. He probably has more than Brown. 

i really think he's the "hidden MVP" in that he had an outsized value to the team vs how visible he was.