Would Cole Beasley come back to Buffalo?

Warriorspikes51

8 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Not saying he cannot help but the Bills offense is doing fine without him.   Top 5 in yards and points.  They are throwing for about 30 yards more per game than when he was here last season.  TD passes are on the same clip.  Third down conversion rate at the top of the league.  There seems to be an assumption that is some huge dropoff, there is not.   What is different is redzone performance, and especially turnovers in the redzone.  Not sure how much of that a guy like Beasley can fix, he is more a move the chains guy which they are still doing.  While it would be fun for him to come back, I dont think it solves their issues.  IMO the issues are Josh making decisions and maybe play calls in the redzone.

On top of the fact that Beasley secretly wants to sabotage Buffalo's season. Don't forget that.

5 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Didnt he plays two games with Tampa this year and then retire to spend more time with his family? It looks like he had a few glasses of wine and is ***** around on Twitter. 

If hes got anything left in the tank and can get seperation, I’m in!

I think he’s absolutely toast. He was picked up by TB when they were a little banged up. He caught 4 balls for 17 yards. 

• Simon changed the title to Would Cole Beasley come back to Buffalo?

I wish Beas never left.   I certainly would like to have his clutch catching ability back but I worry that just as the RB position we're getting a little congested at the slot receiver spot if we do so.  I mean I thought we were gonna have Hines line up in the slot on some plays but we haven't even managed to do that yet. 

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Not saying he cannot help but the Bills offense is doing fine without him.   Top 5 in yards and points.  They are throwing for about 30 yards more per game than when he was here last season.  TD passes are on the same clip.  Third down conversion rate at the top of the league.  There seems to be an assumption that is some huge dropoff, there is not.   What is different is redzone performance, and especially turnovers in the redzone.  Not sure how much of that a guy like Beasley can fix, he is more a move the chains guy which they are still doing.  While it would be fun for him to come back, I dont think it solves their issues.  IMO the issues are Josh making decisions and maybe play calls in the redzone.

They’re scoring but the passing game isn’t fine. I don’t think Beasley is the answer.

• Like (+1) 1

You know which Bills receiver is generating the highest average separation per route so far this season as per Next Gen stats? Isaiah McKenzie. The issue is we are not getting the ball to him and Knox (whose average separation is even higher) consistently enough. 

The last two weeks have been better - 7 targets for Knox vs Cleveland. 10 targets for McKenzie vs Detroit. When teams are trying to take Diggs away we have to find ways to get those two guys the ball to force opponents to change their coverage and then bring Diggs into the game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You know which Bills receiver is generating the highest average separation per route so far this season as per Next Gen stats? Isaiah McKenzie. The issue is we are not getting the ball to him and Knox (whose average separation is even higher) consistently enough. 

The last two weeks have been better - 7 targets for Knox vs Cleveland. 10 targets for McKenzie vs Detroit. When teams are trying to take Diggs away we have to find ways to get those two guys the ball to force opponents to change their coverage and then bring Diggs into the game. 

I agree with this.  I think a lot of us have a fear of McKenzie's consistency though.  If he keeps having games like last week the detractors will fade away.  

I'd rather the Bills go after OBJ or another WR2 that can either get real separation or challenge contested balls vertically, especially in the red zone.  Gabe is a decent route runner but seems to lack the other 2 qualities.  

Edited by Lost

3 minutes ago, Lost said:

I agree with this.  I think a lot of us have a fear of McKenzie's consistency though.  If he keeps having games like last week the detractors will fade away.  

It's not that he can't get open, he's so small that if any defender gets near him he drops the ball. Not sure-handed and doesn't have the size you need as an every down player. And they clearly don't trust Shakir enough at this point. They are still warming up to Cook too 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe the answer to the passing game is to phase out Gabe Davis. He’ll still dominate snaps but make him a 3rd or 4th option on most passing plays.

Only problem with McKenzie is his route tree is limited. He’s mostly running crossers. Knox is also catching mostly check downs. 

We need someone else that can run some routes and get open.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

This thread kind of reminds me of the time I wanted to call my ex to see if maybe we could make another go of it but then remembered that I had an order of protection against them after they broke into my apartment, pulled every picture of an old gf I had, tore them into pieces and then set them on fire on the living room floor. Landlord was not amused.

• Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's not that he can't get open, he's so small that if any defender gets near him he drops the ball. Not sure-handed and doesn't have the size you need as an every down player. And they clearly don't trust Shakir enough at this point. They are still warming up to Cook too 

Shakir is, in contrast to McKenzie, struggling to separate. But the answer isn't Beasley. He is toast. He is washed. He knows that himself which is why after a week of not being capable of playing anymore in Tampa he retired. The idea he magically becomes 2019-2020 Beas again simply because he wants to or the Bills want him to is for the birds. 

Just throw Isaiah the ball more. Use Knox. Force defenses to come up and play the underneath stuff and then hit them. 

4 minutes ago, Mickey said:

This thread kind of reminds me of the time I wanted to call my ex to see if maybe we could make another go of it but then remembered that I had an order of protection against them after they broke into my apartment, pulled every picture of an old gf I had, tore them into pieces and then set them on fire on the living room floor. Landlord was not amused.

It's exactly that. There is a reason the Bills and Beasley broke up (and before anyone starts it wasn't Covid). It is also the reason he then stayed single all summer and his most recent relationship lasted less than a fortnight. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Devilmann said:

I’d take Beasley over McKenzie and Shakir any day of the week and to be honest I wish he never left. We need a good slot receiver and McKenzie hasn’t been the answer. 

I love Cole, but why kill McKenzie after he saved our ass with his best game in 2 years against Detroit?

• Like (+1) 1