Dawkins out tomorrow against the Pats

Spiderweb

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Yeah man. Me neither. I have to trust my eyes lol. Your right though. I think we miss crowder (weird thing to say). He did have his share of drops tho but it opened things up. Crowder was our new Beasley because it seems that Buffalo doesn't know how to use Isaiah or he doesn't know how to truly take over that spot. Go Bills. 

Talking to a great friend and Bills fan, he said the same thing to me about Crowder.  And, I agreed.  Never thought we would say that.  He helped the offense move down field with and without the ball.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Teams are playing much tighter coverage to the LOS. Whether it’s zone coverage with a buzz look, bump and run or man coverage with a flat foot read or press… it seems that teams are challenging these WRs to get open early. 

Diggs is the lone weapon able to separate quickly. Teams getting hands on Davis is a huge advantage for them. He has neither the quickness nor intricacies in his routes that allow for immediate separation. He has to use his speed/size over time to drive off defenders. 

If I were to draw up short yardage throws, I’d use a lot more bunch formations to try and get a free release off the LOS or utilize two man combinations/rubs.

Something I've noticed is Josh Allen is far more accurate rifling those short passes into tight coverage than he throwing the easy layup passes out in the flat.  Kinda bizarre

I am surprised nobody has talked about who are starting 5 Oline is?

Does Bates play LT?

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Yeah man. Me neither. I have to trust my eyes lol. Your right though. I think we miss crowder (weird thing to say). He did have his share of drops tho but it opened things up. Crowder was our new Beasley because it seems that Buffalo doesn't know how to use Isaiah or he doesn't know how to truly take over that spot. Go Bills. 

Talking to a great friend and Bills fan, he said the same thing to me about Crowder.  And, I agreed.  Never thought we would say that.  He helped the offense move down field with and without the ball.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

He is our best lineman and it’s not close, but just once I would like to see him, come into camp in shape and see what he looks like. He always looks like he’s carrying just a little bit too much.

That's a huge problem

2 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I suppose we could and probably will a bit... thats not exactly our forte though.  

They can manage it well enough, but it doesn't seem to be in the game plan anymore. It is extremely effective in countering what teams are doing to the Bills especially without a physically dominating run game. 

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why? Dawkins has been awful this year. His slow feet have been getting beat on the edge every game.

Dawkins is by far the the least of our problems on the Oline. Can't even tell if this is serious

Edited by buffblue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Who's his replacement? 

You’re up 

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Honestly, it wouldn't be all that bad if Josh has to roll out to the right alot tomorrow. I feel he's most dangerous when he moves 

Yes I would agree.

I would also suggest the opposite. One way to slow an advantaged pass rush is to not block them, or run right at them. 

Bootlegs towards Judon, Jet Sweeps his way, quick swing passes….over time these plays wear on the conscious of a pass rusher and can give a half step delay in their get off. Maybe this will be a course of action Dorsey looks into.

My guess is that they’ll bring Singletary up to the LOS as a wing on obvious passing downs to help with the initial rush. I am not a fan of this, Dorsey seems to be. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

Dawkins will be missed in the upcoming game, but I put my trust in Josh to help the O-line, as usual.

Josh's elite dual treat capability & pocket awareness mask a multitude of sins on the O-line, a lot of the time.

I would guess that the Bills are more reliant on their QB for overall offensive production %, than most other teams.

Though I may be wrong.

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Honestly, it wouldn't be all that bad if Josh has to roll out to the right alot tomorrow. I feel he's most dangerous when he moves 

It seems like teams have figured that out and are ready for that. If I’m not mistaken he threw a few int. Rolling to the right, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.