Dawkins out tomorrow against the Pats

Spiderweb

14 minutes ago, Simon said:

Looks like another day of Knox having to spend half the game working in the backfield.

Which really sucks because that Pats LB's and S' are fat to be plucked : - (

Would like to see some 2 TE's sets.  Let Morris help pass block and Knox play the slot.   

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Would like to see some 2 TE's sets.  Let Morris help pass block and Knox play the slot.   

Morris is questionable with his injury. Give me more Gilliam, I say.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:
44 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Why are the Bills the only team that can't throw quick passes to mitigate the opponents pass rush???

I feel like the Rams game would be a great response to this question. The Bills had a nice quick pass game going  for the first few games. That did kinda go away. 

I too, have wondered what happened to the quick pass game that looked so sharp against LA and Tennessee.

If I remember correctly, we saw a lot of the quick passing game against Miami and Baltimore, too.

Could it be that Crowder, who went down against Baltimore, is the missing piece to the quick passing game?!?! No, it couldn't be. 

IDK. I am not an offensive coordinator. 

2 minutes ago, MPL said:

I too, have wondered what happened to the quick pass game that looked so sharp against LA and Tennessee.

If I remember correctly, we saw a lot of the quick passing game against Miami and Baltimore, too.

Could it be that Crowder, who went down against Baltimore, is the missing piece to the quick passing game?!?! No, it couldn't be. 

IDK. I am not an offensive coordinator. 

Yeah man. Me neither. I have to trust my eyes lol. Your right though. I think we miss crowder (weird thing to say). He did have his share of drops tho but it opened things up. Crowder was our new Beasley because it seems that Buffalo doesn't know how to use Isaiah or he doesn't know how to truly take over that spot. Go Bills. 

14 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

they did with extreme success against the Rams in the opener. Better to as why they willing choose not to.

59 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Why are the Bills the only team that can't throw quick passes to mitigate the opponents pass rush???

20 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I feel like the Rams game would be a great response to this question. The Bills had a nice quick pass game going  for the first few games. That did kinda go away. 

Teams are playing much tighter coverage to the LOS. Whether it’s zone coverage with a buzz look, bump and run or man coverage with a flat foot read or press… it seems that teams are challenging these WRs to get open early. 

Diggs is the lone weapon able to separate quickly. Teams getting hands on Davis is a huge advantage for them. He has neither the quickness nor intricacies in his routes that allow for immediate separation. He has to use his speed/size over time to drive off defenders. 

If I were to draw up short yardage throws, I’d use a lot more bunch formations to try and get a free release off the LOS or utilize two man combinations/rubs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Looks like another day of Knox having to spend half the game working in the backfield.

Which really sucks because that Pats LB's and S' are fat to be plucked : - (

Yup, I assume Q @ LT and hopefully he gets TE help.  Now Spencer must hold his own?

Edited by LABILLBACKER

54 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why? Dawkins has been awful this year. His slow feet have been getting beat on the edge every game.

He is our best lineman and it’s not close, but just once I would like to see him, come into camp in shape and see what he looks like. He always looks like he’s carrying just a little bit too much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.