Christine McVie, Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriter, dies at 79

Just Jack

58 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

Grew up with Fleetwood Mac playing in the house and in the car (8 track!). Always loved the music. Watching Christine McVie sing Songbird always gives chills - phenomenally beautiful song and voice.

Thank you. I never appreciated that as much as I did just now.

Why is it we appreciate artists so much more after they are gone? It is equally beautiful while they are with us. 

I get that with painters, sculptors, etc it becomes a “no more supply” thing, but still. 

• Agree 2

I saw Fleetwood Mac at Rich stadium during one of their stadium tours 7-28-78 I googled the date. The thing that struck me seeing her is just how thick a British accent she had when she spoke.

RIP dearie. 

When Christine’s effortless gift for melody met the gauzy, golden soft-rock production of Fleetwood Mac’s classic era, the results were pure pop heaven. She ushered in the Buckingham/Nicks years in ’75 with this luxuriously midtempo bubble bath of a song, all about — what else? — a love affair that makes you feel either really, really good or actively horrendous. “I’m over my head,” she sang, voice warm enough to banish any doubts. “But it sure feels nice.” — S.V.L.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.