Ed Oliver named AFC defensive player of the week

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Actually, I sit corrected (can't seem to edit my earlier post for some reason): Milano was not a Beane pick... But we still (outside the second round and Cook may yet buck that trend) have had some good picks like Oliver, under Beane.

You got there just before I arrived to correct you.... well played sir!

Beane's record is a very impressive one. He has had few misses. He is good at finding guys who are credible players in the NFL. Josh aside his record of high end difference makers has been the legit question mark and both Oliver and Edmunds have been that at times this year so that is another tick in the box!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Forget the turkey leg, he deserved the whole rest of the turkey after Diggs, Allen and Bass got their legs.

Looks like he is back to form after needing a week or two to recover with the ankle even after coming back.

Never seen a three legged turkey, 

4 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

If the ramifications of the Knox contract means we’re down to choosing between extending Edmunds or Oliver, I’m going with Oliver.

Agreed, however, it's upsetting that we are having to let either one go at the expense of Knox.  That was a terrible, terrible decision by Beane.  Don't get me wrong, Beane has been an amazing GM overall, very few bad decisions in hindsight, but Knox is up there for his worst decision along with Wyatt Teller trade.  Knox has progressed a lot and turned into a good starter but he's not a game changer.  There was no reason to sign him when we did and give him top 5 money at the position.  The only thing I can think of is that there was some pressure from Josh behind the scenes given how close he is with Knox.  That's the only way it's justifiable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He truly missed the boat after that game. Oliver should've been recognized by the coach in the locker room!! 

Do we know for sure that the video we saw was "all inclusive". Any chance he gives any additional game balls or kudos off camera?  I honestly don't know the answer, just curious.  

7 hours ago, The Avenger said:

NOW does he get a turkey leg?

Maybe Ed Oliver does not like dark meat.

5 hours ago, without a drought said:

No turkey leg, his performance came against bad guards.

I read it here so it must be true.

Only thing which is true is that you need to add more to ignore list although that does not help when the inane are repeatedly quoted.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.