Excluding JA, predict which player will have the biggest impact - Bills at Pats

BillsFan619

The first of three pivotal games that could end up deciding the AFCE. First up, the Pats.

JA and Diggs typically show up big in these types of games. So, I'm going with Mr. Patriots killer, Stefon Diggs.

I'll say 117 yards and a score or two. Diggs wills this team to victory by having another dominating performance against the Pats. He will not let the Bills start 0-3 in the division.

One division foe down, two to go. Who ya got?

I have to go with players not player. I think our offensive line will me a major factor. The pats have a good defense . Keeping JA upright and opening holes so we can get our run game going will be key. With Dawkins looking doubtful for this game it’s going to be the old cliché “next man up”.

• Like (+1) 1

I am going to go with Hines, again and hope this time it comes to fruition.  Admittedly, with him not having the opportunity for full practices given all the quirkiness of the last few weeks for the Bills I was a bit too forward thinking that he could be installed in the offense quickly.

In sum, I think he returns a punt to the house and creates some plays out of the backfield for Josh in a way that significantly contributes; keep drives alive and picks up crucial first downs.  Likely catching more than running the ball.

Edited by IndyMark
  • Like (+1) 1

Hines or Cook. Not alot of tape on either of them and speed can be an xfactor against a good Pats D (like we saw with McK last year). 

One thing is for sure, if you spoonfeed Belichek the same gameplan as last year, he'll make you pay. Need a wrinkle somewhere on offense and I think that could be Cook or Hines.

36 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm going to say Singletary. I think it's easier to run block with a retooled OL than it is to pass block. I think Motor gets his first 100 yd rushing game of the season and 2 TD's to go with it. 

Weirdly thinking the same thing, H2O.  I am not being judgy, but I just would love to eventually see Singletary “win” a game this year.  

20 Carrie’s for 130, 5 grabs for 60 and a total of three tds.

Sure it’s a lot, but I would love to see it.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

I am not going with one particular player.. I will say whoever is responsible for keeping Judon out of the backfield.. they do their job like the Vikings did the Bills win easily. They do not it could be a very close game or a Pats win. 

Edited by PatsFanNH
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

Ed Oliver. Their Center Andrew's has been hurt and was limited all week. I can see Oliver blowing up the middle of their line.

I would love that too. Nothing makes a QB look worse than have interior pressure all game long. Mac would have a game where local papers would be talking about reinserting Zappe. 

The big “obvious” concern in this game is the OL without Dawkins.  How the Bills manage this is key but as always, they have he ultimate antidote — Josh Allen.  I think with a full week of practice we see more involvement from Hines, and I’m confident the offense will continue to put up yards and points.

To me the key is getting Edmunds and Rousseau back.  With essentially a fully healthy defense similar to what we put on the field last year, I don’t see the Pats*** putting up a lot of points.

Just now, eball said:

The big “obvious” concern in this game is the OL without Dawkins.  How the Bills manage this is key but as always, they have he ultimate antidote — Josh Allen.  I think with a full week of practice we see more involvement from Hines, and I’m confident the offense will continue to put up yards and points.

To me the key is getting Edmunds and Rousseau back.  With essentially a fully healthy defense similar to what we put on the field last year, I don’t see the Pats*** putting up a lot of points.

Agree. Bills defense should do well. The Bills have to stop turning the ball over especially in the red zone. It's been an issue for a while now. This would be the perfect week to clean that up. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bigvinny said:

Ed Oliver. Their Center Andrew's has been hurt and was limited all week. I can see Oliver blowing up the middle of their line.

Andrews was hurt pretty bad 3 games ago. A bad thigh injury, the backup did ok against the Vikings but definitely a serious issue for the Pats. (Andrews was reported (by media not team) be out for the year two weeks ago but has been practicing which is odd)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.