Chiefs Roster Moves

TFBillsfan

The Bills have pretty close to zero cap space for 2022.

In 2023, they are already 11 million *over* the cap, 16 players short of a full roster, have a rookie draft class to sign, and potentially Edmunds, Poyer, Singletary, Dane Jackson, Jordan Phillips, Shaq Lawson, and 5 of our O-linemen on the roster are all free agents that need to be signed if they want to bring any of these players back.

I'm happy they aren't wasting money on washed up players at the deadline.

The only player I'd want to see them sign is OBJ, and only if he'd take a pro-rated contract for this year only.  

I'd hate to lose someone like Jordan Poyer or Jordan Phillips next year because we paid Melvon Gordon and Bryan Edwards this year.  

Edited by Adam727
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Is that the same Melvin Gordon that has fumbled 5 times in his last 3 carries?

Yes, you read that right. 

We just signed John brown and I doubt anyone is shaking in their boots because of it. 

And Bryan Edwards who has 3 catches for 15 yards in 7 games with 1 start?  And Brandon Williams, who was out of football until just now?

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Is that the same Melvin Gordon that has fumbled 5 times in his last 3 carries?

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

And Bryan Edwards who has 3 catches for 15 yards in 7 games with 1 start?  And Brandon Williams, who was out of football until just now?

Well, when you put it that way.

I'm getting worried.

Chiefs have a young, stacked roster. They’re in the enviable position of adding vets to fill depth out of convenience. If a couple of them deliver a couple big plays down the stretch, the signing is a major success. If they wash out, well then the Chiefs are still the best.

41 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Edwards Helaire went on IR recently so Chiefs needed a rb.  So they signed Gordon.

Luckily for them, Pacheco was a home run pick. His combine was so fun and then I sort of forgot about him. Of course I was reminded when the Chiefs took him. Of course!

3 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

We traded for Nyheim Hines and Dean Marlowe. Claimed AJ Klein off of waivers. Signed John Brown to the practice squad. We have OBJ in for a visit. 

We’re literally doing the exact same things as KC… adding depth where we can find it. Give it a rest. 

Don't forget Xavier Rhodes who appears to be a good pickup for us

• Agree 1

Why do I feel like if these signings were flipped, we'd be talking about how the Bills picked up a guy with a fumbling problem, a no name WR, and an injury prone WR, while the chiefs signed a starting CB in Xavier Rhodes, a great pass catching back and returner in Naheem Hines, and John Brown who did ok for the Bills back in the day and AJ Klein to bolster their defense?

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This reminds me of when I was a kid in the 70’s and the Bills got Jeff Kinney, former 1st-round pick from Nebraska, on waivers. Scrub high-motor lunch pail RB, but hey, he was a 1st-round pick, I’ve heard of him! What an exciting move!!!!1

4 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

We traded for Nyheim Hines and Dean Marlowe. Claimed AJ Klein off of waivers. Signed John Brown to the practice squad. We have OBJ in for a visit. 

We’re literally doing the exact same things as KC… adding depth where we can find it. Give it a rest. 

Ahh, not the exact same thing. 
3 of 4 signed players have played for 5he Bills recently, so presumably can get up to speed quickly. 

5 hours ago, Adam727 said:

The Bills have pretty close to zero cap space for 2022.

In 2023, they are already 11 million *over* the cap, 16 players short of a full roster, have a rookie draft class to sign, and potentially Edmunds, Poyer, Singletary, Dane Jackson, Jordan Phillips, Shaq Lawson, and 5 of our O-linemen on the roster are all free agents that need to be signed if they want to bring any of these players back.

I'm happy they aren't wasting money on washed up players at the deadline.

The only player I'd want to see them sign is OBJ, and only if he'd take a pro-rated contract for this year only.  

I'd hate to lose someone like Jordan Poyer or Jordan Phillips next year because we paid Melvon Gordon and Bryan Edwards this year.  

They have plenty of cap space. We’re not cap rich but we can add some cap credit if you get what I’m saying. Josh Allen restructure is the easiest way to add cap space with little risk of huge dead money issues. He has a $27 million base salary next year that can be converted into bonus.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

10 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I remember liking Edwards when he came out of college. He could not stick on the Falcons, they have nobody at WR besides London. 

Same. He had injuries with the Raiders and you can kind of give him a pass for that, but not sticking on this Falcons team... that would concern me. That said, as a flier for the PS he is a good pick up because there was a talent there at one point. 

• Agree 1

You know what's funny? People talking about PS signings like it's "going all in" or "putting them over the top". :lol: We're talking about guys being signed off of the street in November. We're talking about a WR who was a 1st Round pick, in the 2nd year of his deal, and the team who drafted him (which desperately needed talent at WR) traded him away. It really is comical on here sometimes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.