Von hopes to be back vs the Jets, source seems legit

Process

4 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

I think people hear meniscus and immediately feel much better. First there are still a bunch of bench marks to hit before he can even think of getting back on the field, and those aren't necessarily linear. 

Also, if they do need to trim away a part of his meniscus, that doesn't grow back. The meniscus is the padding between the top of the knee and the bottom. That goes away you have bone on bone... it's what people get micro fracture surgery for in an attempt to avoid knee replacements.

You don't need to be a doctor to know this stuff or to share facts that can be found on webmd, granted I would love to hear someone with more understanding than me share the potential issues of the injury. 

Stop minimizing a potentially serious injury.

Also, really wild how people are so into other people risking life long debilitating pain so they can say their team finally won a sports ball trophy. I know I'm a hypocrite because I'm watching, and it's going to get to a point where I stop (probably after they win that damn sports ball trophy that I somehow wrapped way too much of my identity around).

He's a person though, doesn't matter at all how much he makes. Would you let your kid rush back from a meniscus injury?

I hope this is sarcasm. 

Von is a professional athlete, who knowingly plays the most violent collision sport that has a notorious

history of injuries that often can result in long term health consequences. That is why teams and players heavily invest in diet, rehab, and physical fitness using scientific data to provide the best possible care for these guys. Fans have nothing to do with it. 

It’s wild that when the PLAYER says he’ll be back, and the STAFF would approve, the fans are the ones who are unjustly forcing him back into action? That is a bizarre way to think about this situation.

This is a powder puff take.

P.S. No offense to you, but I always get frustrated with this perspective at it entirely dismisses the millions of workers around the world whose jobs require back-breaking labor while they are paid a fraction of the cost. These are people who often don’t have professional care, carefully crafted physical and nutritional plans and high quality support from around the clock trainers. Yet, we have sympathy for athletes in similar situations.

I don’t see anyone feeling bad for rushing an injured warehouse worker back into action, so we can get our Amazon packages on time. These people don’t have the luxury of our athletes, yet we sympathize with the millionaires. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Geez, people.  For the last time — Von will play when the doctors determine he is not at risk for further injury, and not a moment sooner.  Von is being optimistic but what is bolded above is the reality.  If that happens prior to the Jets game, great.  If not, then we wait.

Don’t listen to the FanDuel-paid docs speculating based upon video reviews, or the guy who says his kid tore his meniscus in high school and was out six months.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

At this point, I don’t bring Von back until the Cinncy game. Let him get as healthy as possible. If we cant beat the Jets at home and the Bears, we have much bigger issues. 

The next 3 division games are absolutely huge and will most likely decide who wins the AFC east.

Why would you have him sit the Jets and Dolphins games if he is ready to go next week with such pivotal division games?

1 hour ago, eball said:

Geez, people.  For the last time — Von will play when the doctors determine he is not at risk for further injury, and not a moment sooner.  Von is being optimistic but what is bolded above is the reality.  If that happens prior to the Jets game, great.  If not, then we wait.

Don’t listen to the FanDuel-paid docs speculating based upon video reviews, or the guy who says his kid tore his meniscus in high school and was out six months.

But they nailed it on his ACL, so… 🤷‍♂️😂

14 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

At this point, I don’t bring Von back until the Cinncy game. Let him get as healthy as possible. If we cant beat the Jets at home and the Bears, we have much bigger issues. 

What will rest do for a meniscus tear?  He can sit on his chair and relax as much as he wants, it's still going to be damaged.  The only way he'll be healthy fully is surgery, and if he does that, he'll need to be done for the year.  So whether he plays in 10 days or in 4 weeks, it won't matter in terms of his health for his knee.  The only thing that needs to be waited on is the swelling.

• Like (+1) 1

The meniscus is really interesting. It has virtually no blood supply. So it rarely if ever heals on its own.  The medial literature shows that their is no difference between surgery and conservative therapy for a meniscus tear.  That is in the general public though.  With professional athletes however, it seems quite routine to have surgery and remove the torn material especially in the NBA.  

The meniscus is really interesting. It has virtually no blood supply. So it rarely if ever heals on its own.  The medial literature shows that their is no difference between surgery and conservative therapy for a meniscus tear.  That is in the general public though.  With professional athletes however, it seems quite routine to have surgery and remove the torn material especially in the NBA.  

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Von is not a reliable source. Players want to play and players expect to play. It’s not up to him.

He said he's hopeful to be back for the Jets.   Has said, definitively, that he will be back this season.

What are you unsure of regarding Von's comments?

5 hours ago, Bandito said:

Sorry. I meant he just can't stay healthy like OBJ.

Oh boy....and you were doing so well in the other threads!

10 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Von is not a reliable source. Players want to play and players expect to play. It’s not up to him.

Well, he's a more reliable source than you....so that's a start anyway :) 

• Haha (+1) 1

Really hope this is the case because it's hard to see a path for the Bills to be a serious playoff team (or possibly even make the playoffs altogether) without him on the field.

Generally I'm not an injury excuse guy but it goes without saying he's probably the one guy outside of Allen, Diggs, etc that this team can't lose for the season.

19 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

My stance is just to have him practice, and wait just a few more days til the Fish.

That should be a few extra days to get right and we need that win.  We really need him for the playoffs.  Why rush it?  The Jets offense is horrible.  If we maintain health, we’ll beat them in OP.

Not so much with M.White at QB. Seem to click better with him. That being said, that horrible offense with Z. Wilson moved the ball well enough on Bills D to get a win.

If he can come back against Jets then play him. This is a 3 division game stretch with Bills 0-2. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.