Von hopes to be back vs the Jets, source seems legit

Process

I think he means back on the field…. 

wouldn’t be surprised with how the staff treats injuries is if they ask Von to stay low off his feet for 7-10 days. Then if cleared, do some rehab physical therapy, get used the the injury, be comfortable in playing with the discomfort and pain…. All while wearing a brace.

That said maybe the Miami game but probably week 16 vs Chicago 

Hes needed for the playoffs. I’m saying he misses 2 games, probably 3.

2 hours ago, eball said:

I chuckle at posts like this.  Does anyone think the Bills will allow Von to play unless he is not at risk of injuring himself further?  Whenever that is, it is…

Right? Posters on a random board know more than doctors, coaches etc. lol. 

2 hours ago, drummernut74 said:

Pretty much sounds exactly like what Ian Rappaport said from the get go the following day. “Will have to have surgery in offseason and see if he can play through it in the meantime”

Rappaport nailed the Josh Allen injury too always being the most insistent that he could still play against the Vikings.  Schefter needs to step up his game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

At this point, I don’t bring Von back until the Cinncy game. Let him get as healthy as possible. If we cant beat the Jets at home and the Bears, we have much bigger issues. 

I’m not a doctor and I don’t know all the details of Von’s injury, but the meniscus tear isn’t going to get any better by not playing. It’s simply going to stay the same until surgery.

So if the bills think they need him now, then play him. Or they can save him for their more important games to prevent further injury. 

5 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

If Von misses a game that means McD will hold him back for three games while Von “picks up the mental reps of the defense”

Idk why I put the 😂 emogi on your post. I’m sure you’re correct. McDermott has cost the team at least a game in the standings with his over-protectiveness. Key players unavailable for Thanksgiving game are fresh as daisies at Monday practice? Shame on you, Sean.🤨😡

4 hours ago, Augie said:

It’s FAR less expensive and time consuming than a medical degree!!! 

Obviously, you haven’t stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately. 😲$$

I think people hear meniscus and immediately feel much better. First there are still a bunch of bench marks to hit before he can even think of getting back on the field, and those aren't necessarily linear. 

Also, if they do need to trim away a part of his meniscus, that doesn't grow back. The meniscus is the padding between the top of the knee and the bottom. That goes away you have bone on bone... it's what people get micro fracture surgery for in an attempt to avoid knee replacements.

You don't need to be a doctor to know this stuff or to share facts that can be found on webmd, granted I would love to hear someone with more understanding than me share the potential issues of the injury. 

Stop minimizing a potentially serious injury.

Also, really wild how people are so into other people risking life long debilitating pain so they can say their team finally won a sports ball trophy. I know I'm a hypocrite because I'm watching, and it's going to get to a point where I stop (probably after they win that damn sports ball trophy that I somehow wrapped way too much of my identity around).

He's a person though, doesn't matter at all how much he makes. Would you let your kid rush back from a meniscus injury?

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.