Impending Bills Roster Shenanigans: You be the GM

Beck Water

Sooooo....you be the GM

Stevenson was designated for return from IR November 17, meaning he needs to be activated or placed on season-ending IR by next Wednesday, December 7.

Ike Boettger's window to return from PUP opened on Sunday, meaning Bills have to make up their mind on him by December 17.

Jake Kumerow went on IR 11/17, so is eligible to come off the list after the 12/11 game against the Jets

Christian Benford went on IR 11/26. so is eligible to come off the list after the 12/24 game against the Bears.

Here's the current Bills roster from Sal Capaccio:

image.thumb.png.43413e1c3ae468f2364b70320c094513.png

Typical gameday roster for the Bills most of this season features 2 QB, 8 OL, 5 RB, 2 TE, 5 WR, 5 Edge, 4 DT, 5 LB, 9 DB, 3 STers.

Recent variations have included 6 RB, 4 Edge and 4 Edge, 10 DB.

You be the GM. 

Assuming that Stevenson (who has barely played) is good to go and Boettger is good to go, but neither quite in "game shape", what do you do? 

If you activate them to the 53 man roster, who do you cut? 

If you bring back Kumerow from IR, who do you cut?

Ditto Benford

Points to note:

-You can activate a guy from PUP for 24 hrs then put him back on IR for 4 games.

-I don't think you can play that game from IR.

-Everybody cut from the 53 man roster, veteran or not, must now pass through waivers

Go!

Capture.JPG

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

• Beck Water changed the title to Impending Bills Roster Shenanigans: You be the GM
6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Assuming that Stevenson (who has barely played) is good to go and Boettger is good to go, but neither quite in "game shape", what do you do? 

If you activate them to the 53 man roster, who do you cut? 

If you bring back Kumerow from IR, who do you cut?

Ditto Benford

Points to note:

-You can activate a guy from PUP for 24 hrs then put him back on IR for 4 games.

-I don't think you can play that game from IR.

-Everybody cut from the 53 man roster, veteran or not, must now pass through waivers

Go!

Capture.JPG

Unless they feel that Stevenson can materially help them in the passing game -- I, personally, happen not to feel that way -- I'd place him in IR for the rest of the season. The trusty ol' IR stash. Give him another shot in training camp next season.

- Cut Justin Murray, activate Ike Boettger to active roster.

Too early to say on Kumerow and Benford. Other injuries or roster changes may have occurred by the time those players are eligible.

Whichever of those players the Bills feel more urgency to bring back to the active roster, Cam Lewis would be next on the "cut" list. I think they could get him back through to the practice squad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I hope you are kidding. He is exactly what we need in the slot

I agree, I just don’t think it’s reasonable he can go from ambulating with a scooter at Halloween to back on the roster & able to play this season

That’s why I think he stays parked on IR

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't really care what happens to Crowder, Kumerow or Stevenson. Let Brown be your 5th WR.  I think we'll need Boettger as OL insurance. And DB's always get hurt this time of year so keep Benford available when healthy. 

Does anyone know what kind of shape brown is in? How much more of a step has he lost? Brown is a complete unknown right now and certainly not a lock for WR5.

7 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

He said the same thing to me at a cocktail party last week. 

How the hell would you know what he’s thinking?

Are cocktail parties still a thing?  I had no idea

No idea what Beasley is thinking either, of course.  Nate Geary claimed a source in the Bills FO  who said any initiative would 100% have to come from Beasley and he didn’t see that happening.  

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Are cocktail parties still a thing?  I had no idea

No idea what Beasley is thinking either, of course.  Nate Geary claimed a source in the Bills FO  who said any initiative would 100% have to come from Beasley and he didn’t see that happening.  

Yeah, that would be the correct bargaining approach. Let him reach out. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.