Elam > Booth

billvernsays

On 11/29/2022 at 12:46 PM, billvernsays said:

"NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports that Vikings CB Andrew Booth (knee) will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing surgery. 

Booth's rookie season was one to forget, as he dealt with multiple injuries and played behind lower-drafted rookie corner Akaylab Evans. Booth had a 41.7 PFF coverage grade in 61 coverage snaps against the Bills and Cowboys. Those aren't exactly easy offenses to play against as a rookie getting a first taste of NFL action, but it wasn't an inspiring performance. He'll likely be placed on IR in the near future, and the Vikings will hope for a rebound in year two."

I didn't at the time but now I see that Elam was the better pick, we have been trying to get him used to playing outside his comfort "zone" in the early part of the year and he's been getting better and better. Now in the playoffs we'll be able to be run multiple coverages with his skill set along with Tre back in the fold 

Because the other guy got injured? How enlightening. They both played behind later round rookies. I actually really like Elam as a player and I think he's flashed some, but your reasoning here (or lack thereof) is ridiculous.

I try not to get too, worked up over rookie seasons because they don’t really tell us how the player is going to pan out in the long run as it stands right now sauce was worthy of his pick, and so was Elam

Booth was projected by many that wanted a first round, running back, and so far the jury still out on him McDuffie as well too many injuries for both of them in the first year

Edited by John from Riverside

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.