Mystery Illness may affect the next game

PrimeTime101

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Da&n scurvy!  Gets all the boaters.  

That’s it, lemon wedges for everyone.  💪😜🙏👌🦬🏋️♂️

Im just done with all the conspiracy theory stuff.  Thought I could give you guys a small chuckle.

Darn scurvy.  It will get us all.

From now on, artichokes and saurkraut for the team meals.  That's how to get the opposing DBs to back off in coverage! 

3 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Injury reports mean the most on game day, but fret away with them daily, if you must.

Perhpas professional athletes have a better immune system, but if i’m sick on Tuesday, i’m still feeling some of the effects (mostly fatigue) on Thursday, even if i’m “better”.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Einstein said:

Perhpas professional athletes have a better immune system, but if i’m sick on Tuesday, i’m still feeling some of the effects (mostly fatigue) on Thursday, even if i’m “better”.

You don't have teams of doctors pumping you with IVs, oxygen, supplement routines, etc... though.

They can minimize the effects a lot but you're right that it probably still is a bother. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Oh. I thought he did yesterday.  Misread that

no you didn't....   This guy can't freaking read the injury report clearly says Dawkins DNP

Mike Giardi

@MikeGiardi

·

Nov 28

5 players missing #Bills practice with that illness. Josh Allen (elbow) was a full participant as was Dion Dawkins (ankle,). Edmunds, Epenesa and Morse were all full go ad well which is good news for Buffalo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

It's going on down here too.  I have it now.  I started feeling it last night and full blown cold now.  

Generally the player would be good enough to practice, it'll be a little tougher but the coaching staff just wants you away from the others to avoid spreading it.

I know we've all worked out or done something physically demanding in some way through colds, it sucks but you can push through it.  

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

This is literally yesterday's news.    There were 8 players missing with illness on Sunday (when the Bills practiced, equivalent to Weds in a normal week). 

4 returned and one further went out on Monday.

Today only Quinton Morris was missing and per McDermott,

Of course, missing practice or being less than 100% is always a game impact, but hopefully the guys were able to video in to meetings and I'm sure they're all getting their Myers cocktails

We just need to hope that Quessenberry and Brown can hold up to the Patriots pass rush.  Give Josh a little time and we will roll.  Patriots are not stopping us.  

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Guys, it’s the flu.  I work currently in anti-infectives.  It’s projected to be a bad flu season.  It has been easy for the last two years.  Most likely because by COVID protocols has helped with the common flu.

It’s not a big deal and happens every flu season when we have a nasty bug.  Just get a flu shot and hope for the best.  Wash you’re hands, keep 6ft apart, and be smart.

The difference between them and us is we don’t have docs who can tap IV’s in us daily keeping us hydrated.

it’s not a mystery illness.  Some of you guys are a bit of conspiracy theorists.  Watching JFK too much.

Have fun as this too shall will pass.

This is incorrect, the flu disappeared in 20-21, and the CDC stood by the data. Only 1,675 confirmed cases and no estimate due to minimal activity. 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/season/faq-flu-season-2020-2021.htm

Then last year the flu was still hiding out with only 9 million estimated cases, from 30-40 million the 3 years prior. 

15 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

This is incorrect, the flu disappeared in 20-21, and the CDC stood by the data. Only 1,675 confirmed cases and no estimate due to minimal activity. 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/season/faq-flu-season-2020-2021.htm

Then last year the flu was still hiding out with only 9 million estimated cases, from 30-40 million the 3 years prior. 

If we begged, would you stop?      😋

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's going on down here too.  I have it now.  I started feeling it last night and full blown cold now.  

Generally the player would be good enough to practice, it'll be a little tougher but the coaching staff just wants you away from the others to avoid spreading it.

I know we've all worked out or done something physically demanding in some way through colds, it sucks but you can push through it.  

Feel better soon! We just came through a bout 2 weeks ago. ATL metro area definitely in the thick of it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.