Mystery Illness may affect the next game

PrimeTime101

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

That was yesterday. This is today:

Nice.  So outside of Von, we are actually looking relatively "healthy", at least from a "can they suit up on gameday" perspective.  Hopefully, we can stay that way for a bit, win these two big divisional games, and then Von returns in a limited fashion to help us squish the fish in primetime on 12/18.  Sweep those three, no matter how ugly, and then things are really looking rosy again (especially if the Bengals can do us a solid this week).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Guys, it’s the flu.  I work currently in anti-infectives.  It’s projected to be a bad flu season.  It has been easy for the last two years.  Most likely because by COVID protocols has helped with the common flu.

It’s not a big deal and happens every flu season when we have a nasty bug.  Just get a flu shot and hope for the best.  Wash you’re hands, keep 6ft apart, and be smart.

The difference between them and us is we don’t have docs who can tap IV’s in us daily keeping us hydrated.

it’s not a mystery illness.  Some of you guys are a bit of conspiracy theorists.  Watching JFK too much.

Have fun as this too shall will pass.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 4

10 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

to be continued

This is literally yesterday's news.    There were 8 players missing with illness on Sunday (when the Bills practiced, equivalent to Weds in a normal week). 

4 returned and one further went out on Monday.

Today only Quinton Morris was missing and per McDermott,

Of course, missing practice or being less than 100% is always a game impact, but hopefully the guys were able to video in to meetings and I'm sure they're all getting their Myers cocktails

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Nice.  So outside of Von, we are actually looking relatively "healthy", at least from a "can they suit up on gameday" perspective.  Hopefully, we can stay that way for a bit, win these two big divisional games, and then Von returns in a limited fashion to help us squish the fish in primetime on 12/18.  Sweep those three, no matter how ugly, and then things are really looking rosy again (especially if the Bengals can do us a solid this week).

I'm confused. The text of the tweet implied that Dawkins practiced, but the graphic says DNP and McDermott said he's out today, as well. Seems like it's both Von and Dion on the injury report.

15 minutes ago, transient said:

I'm confused. The text of the tweet implied that Dawkins practiced, but the graphic says DNP and McDermott said he's out today, as well. Seems like it's both Von and Dion on the injury report.

You're right.  Looks like that Giardi guy screwed up with his tweet.  Dawkins apparently has been a DNP all week.  Bummer.  That had me excited for a minute.

46 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

to be continued

Significant point Giardi has wrong there is that Dawkins was NOT a full participant yesterday. 

He was in fact a DNP Sunday (when the Bills practiced but did not issue an injury report) and Monday, and won't practice today as well per McD.

Was notable last season that when Dawkins was out, the Bills bounced Williams out wide and moved Spencer Brown to LT, but in-game last week they brought Quessenberry in at LT and left Brown at RT.

19 minutes ago, transient said:

Yeah, I missed that the first time through, but Giardi was just plain wrong about Dawkins.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.