How has the AFC East suddenly become the best division in football?

Big Turk

On 11/30/2022 at 8:05 AM, GunnerBill said:

The Dolphins have elite weapons, Tua has taken a significant step and they have a creative offensive playcaller. 

The Jets have drafted really well. Their collection of young talent is among the best in the NFL. They have used all those early picks wisely. They are a QB away from being a legit contender in the next 2/3 years. 

The Bills are built to be good for a long time, good coach, good GM, great Quarterback.

The Patriots..... they are just super well coached. That roster is a bottom 5 roster in football. I honestly thought a top 5 draft pick was in the offing for them and here they are again above .500. The problem is their ceiling with this roster is 8 or 9 wins. 

Dolphins and Bills are a mix of everything. The Jets are a drafting success. The Patriots are a coaching success. 

I would agree with everything, even Tua, except Tua is right now as good as he will ever be, and that is not good enough, all three of out division counterparts lack a QB who can compete league wide, I for one hope the never get their on field leader.

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Everyone needs to slow their roll over purdy. I bet when the playoffs start and the DCs are caught up to him he’ll stink. 

He's played 5 games.

Do you really think professional D coordinators need 5 whole games of tape to find a guys' weaknesses?

That dude instantly made the 49ers an infinitely more dangerous team the second he stepped on the field and he's doing it in a way that is sustainable.

I'm sure his numbers will drop in the postseason simply by virtue of them playing better competition every week, but you can bet he's not going to go full turtle the way Garoppolo inevitably would have.  They'll be in every game they play and Purdy's brains and balls will be a big reason why.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Simon said:

He's played 5 games.

Do you really think professional D coordinators need 5 whole games of tape to find a guys' weaknesses?

That dude instantly made the 49ers an infinitely more dangerous team the second he stepped on the field and he's doing it in a way that is sustainable.

I'm sure his numbers will drop in the postseason simply by virtue of them playing better competition every week, but you can bet he's not going to go full turtle the way Garoppolo inevitably would have.  They'll be in every game they play and Purdy's brains and balls will be a big reason why.

I disagree. We’ve seen many examples of rookie QBs who started out great and fell down to earth. It would be a very long shot that this Purdy is actually as good as he seems. Remember when Mac was the next TB?

Edited by AlfaBill

15 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I disagree. We’ve seen many examples of rookie QBs who started out great and fell down to earth. It would be a very long shot that this Purdy is actually as good as he seems. Remember when Mac was the next TB?

Except Mac never was. They compared his stats to Brady from 20 years ago like the game was the same game. He wasn’t going at any point last year and he is still

isnt

Purdy is good and he is in the best system possible for him

16 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Except Mac never was. They compared his stats to Brady from 20 years ago like the game was the same game. He wasn’t going at any point last year and he is still

isnt

Purdy is good and he is in the best system possible for him

I see. Purdy is the real deal because he is and Mac never was even though they says he was. Got it. 

Jets and Dolphins really fell apart and the Pats limped to the finish. The futures for all three teams are interesting. All 3 teams feature a strong defense. The Jets and Fins feature decent to good offensive supporting casts but no team features a coherent plan at QB. 

Mac Jones is at best a game manager, The Jets are starting over and the Fins have Tua who has flashed but not been all that impressive at times and has a long injury history.

I suspect the division will be toughish next season with every team having a good defense but the Bills should still come up the favorites.

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Is there a chance that the best division in the NFL only sends one team to the playoffs?

I know you kid, but likely 2 teams (Pats or Dolphins), bc unfortunately the Dolphins would require an unlikely loss to the nothing to play for Jets, or a Bills loss week 18 against the Pats to not make the playoffs. I would love to see their unwarranted arrogance rewarded with missing the playoffs.

The Pats are win and in or lose and hope the dolphins and steelers lose.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.