Video: Finally…Ed Oliver has the impact we’ve been waiting for

JohnNord

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Saw a tweet from next gen stas that Oliver has the most pressures league wide over the last 3 weeks. solid.

He had a bit of Jerry Hughes syndrome going on for much of the season, getting a lot of pressures but not converting them into sacks or turnovers. Against the Lions he finally made a couple true game changing plays.

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He had a bit of Jerry Hughes syndrome going on for much of the season, getting a lot of pressures but not converting them into sacks or turnovers. Against the Lions he finally made a couple true game changing plays.

i'm definitely not part of the cult that died on the "pressures" hill for jerry. and now i'm even more irritated with his new found ability to get home after losing it here for 4 years... that being said, i believe pressures up the middle are more valuable than pressures elsewhere, so i've been pretty pleased with EO lately.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 hours ago, Simon said:

He's been wrecking people for 3-4 weeks now (just like he was last year when he was healthy) but nobody knows it until somebody in the media tells them so.

Yeah he’s played well but he never had this kind of impact on a game as he did versus Detroit.  He was arguably the best player on the field on Sunday

In the game he had:

1 sack

1 FF

1 FR

1 safety 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i'm definitely not part of the cult that died on the "pressures" hill for jerry. and now i'm even more irritated with his new found ability to get home after losing it here for 4 years... that being said, i believe pressures up the middle are more valuable than pressures elsewhere, so i've been pretty pleased with EO lately.

Jerry never lost his ability to get to the QB.  What happened was when McDermott arrived, he instilled his discipline and Jerry, being a good soldier, played the position the way McDermott wanted - set the edge, etc.   That's why his sack totals went down.   He wasn't quite good enough to play within the system and win one-on-one battles to get sacks.   That's why Rousseau and Miller are there instead of him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

He also had a Monster game against Dallas on Thanksgiving in 2019...give my man some Turkey legs *****!  He keeps getting robbed 

And IMO this is why Madden was so good.. He watched the game, loved the game, and awarded the unsung heros that won the game.  Now everyone just awards the QB and they get the praise regardless of what actually happens in a game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.