Video: Finally…Ed Oliver has the impact we’ve been waiting for

JohnNord

I’ve been mixed on Ed Oliver during his career with Buffalo.  As a high draft choice, he’s had some brilliant flashes but also has seemed to disappear in others.  

My biggest criticism was this inconsistency.  But if you watch the video versus Detroit, he had an absolute monster game.  He not only made a few game changing plays, there were other times where he did his job so well but was let down by teammates.  

I’m going to say, this was his best game ever and I hope he continues over the next few weeks.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The lions were down two starting guards, as mentioned. He had a great game and was getting tons of pressure up the middle. It was a really great game for him. 

If we weren’t down groot, miller and epenesa for that game the dline would have feasted all day. 

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Saw a tweet from next gen stas that Oliver has the most pressures league wide over the last 3 weeks. solid.

He's been wrecking people for 3-4 weeks now (just like he was last year when he was healthy) but nobody knows it until somebody in the media tells them so.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

He's been wrecking people for 3-4 weeks now (just like he was last year when he was healthy) but nobody knows it until somebody in the media tells them so.

It's been a point though that sometimes he seems to want it and get it done, and sometimes he seems to vanish, even to people who are watching film.

There was a point a month-ish ago where his fellow DLmen were calling out Phillips for impact play but not Ed.  Reason for that.

He’s looked like 2021 Ed the past few weeks

1 hour ago, Johnnyp566 said:

Against backup guards. He did what he should do. 

54 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I feel like this is just another flash against poor guards, but we'll see.

So we already forgot he had 3 TFL and a QB hit against Bitonio and Teller last week?

Nice video and a great game, but finally?!? That's like saying Edmunds is finally playing well this year. It's just not true. Our defense had been playing really good football until the rash of injuries. After the 2 road wins in 5 days (losing a home game), it's amazing the negativity here. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

He’s looked like 2021 Ed the past few weeks

So we already forgot he had 3 TFL and a QB hit against Bitonio and Teller last week?

Thanks for reminding me. That was certainly a worthy performance, and gives me hope, but we need to continue to see it these next couple of weeks. 2 above average games, and a so so game would do it for me. Unrealistic expectation to expect total domination week in and week out.  The Cleveland game, may of been his best ge as a pro, when you consider how good those guards are for Cleveland.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.