What happened to Cereal Commercials?

Kaenon

i remember reading rhat in my childhood (60s) WNY was a big test market for cereals. Remember seeing cereals for a couple of months and then disappearing and sometimes coming bak a year later.  Makes sense with the General Mills  factory still making Cheerios and Wheaties. 

On 11/28/2022 at 8:09 PM, Kaenon said:

Growing up, cereal commercials were all over TV.

Now these days, every other commercial is insurance.

Am I watching different channels now? Sure ..but now that I have kids, and watching those old TV channels I used to watch as a kid - still no cereal commercials.

Are the big brands too entrenched?

Can't be no money for commercials, I see cereal for like $6/box now at the grocery store!!!

And why are insurance commercials so bad? 

And before you say it's 2022, why are you watching commercials - it's almost winter and there isn't as much to do when it's dark at 4:30pm with three kids anymore...

Well, I think your post reminded them to do cereal commercials. Last night I saw two, one for Raisin Bran, the other for some sugary mush whose name I cannot remember. It was not for "Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs".

image.thumb.png.724c7a4a7c3ce73b05da5dc69a3c0468.png

Edited by DrW

23 minutes ago, DrW said:

Well, I think your post reminded them to do cereal commercials. Last night I saw two, one for Raisin Bran, the other for some sugary mush whose name I cannot remember. It was not for "Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs".

image.thumb.png.724c7a4a7c3ce73b05da5dc69a3c0468.png

Did you happen to read this post first?

Maybe you're getting targeted ads now - lol, sorry! Plenty of worse things.

On 11/28/2022 at 9:09 PM, Kaenon said:

Now these days, every other commercial is insurance.

We must watch different channels.  This time of year on channels I watch there are more insurance commercials especially for Medicare leaches but majority of commercials I see are for laywers trying to get you to use their services as part of a group lawsuit or for products which are short period of time due to supply shortages and so they are limited numbers available taking their cue from football stadiums being made small to drive up cost.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.