What Happened After Halftime of the Packers Game?

st pete gogolak

16 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

So I guess it’s a coverup. 

On the elbow things fit the narrative until he fires a 36-yard rope, or converts a 3rd-15 and 3rd-16 on the same drive.

On the concussion, he was dizzy for 2-3 weeks and just never told anyone, and no one on the Bills staff seemed to care about the franchise QB to get him into protocol.

I'm not sure what part of he was saving his arm for the throws he really needed it for you missed.

It isn't a question of "can he do it", it's a question of "how much does it hurt" when he does it and if he can avoid that pain then he will when it's not absolutely needed.

Romo seemed pretty certain his elbow was bothering him on some throws, but what would he know...he only played for a decade in the NFL as a QB and played hurt a bunch too.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They were dominating the Packers in the first half and the Bills looked like the Greatest Show on Turf.

By the way he is finessing so many throws and saving the fastballs for only the plays he really feels he needs them for.

Now that he is a full go in practice maybe he feels ready to let it rip again more often.

They were dominating  but still something just seemed off with Josh. He just didn’t seem quite the same. 

4 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I think Josh was concussed in that game.

Based on what proven data, not your opinion from tv or the stands ?. Also please explain how a concussion protocol based on reproducible science , can be cleared in 5 days and part includes not having recurrent symptoms and tests memory and cognition. Yet your “ theory” for Josh throwing ints, and  and the D giving up long runs and many chunk plays on third and long as they failed  to hold a 17 point lead , is Josh had a concussion?  Yet people were verbally attacking players or others on the forum for ” misinformation” before? 👍🤣

Seems fair and like a totally , well thought out, scientifically reproducible theory and you might consider starting a go fund me site so mafia members can donate 17$ a pop so Josh can afford an exam by an independent neurologist !  It’s terrible thinking his processing is so scrambled affecting his play and even elbow perhaps, and he is waking, driving a car,practicing, calling plays, doing podcasts , filming commercials , and in a long ongoing relationship with his GF and family who somehow have not noticed behavioral changes despite these ongoing post concussive effects.   Might want to send an overnight letter to the Bills medical staff , they prob are not trained or have experience with TBI situations, and not much time left before we play the Pats!  

(I know you’re JK , right , and just wanted to joke a little!  Best wishes , Happy holidays! 🎄😊

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I'm not sure what part of he was saving his arm for the throws he really needed it for you missed.

It isn't a question of "can he do it", it's a question of "how much does it hurt" when he does it and if he can avoid that pain then he will when it's not absolutely needed.

Romo seemed pretty certain his elbow was bothering him on some throws, but what would he know...he only played for a decade in the NFL as a QB and played hurt a bunch too.

Yeah yeah WGR whined all morning about his “compromised” elbow and then he was a full participant today in practice.

Owusu-Koramowa directly chops his elbow 2-weeks ago and Allen doesn’t rub it or come out of the game, or wince. 

I was at the game so I didn’t hear the broadcast, but apparently Romo droned on and on about it after every incompletion. 

But then Josh goes 90-yards for the go-ahead TD and suddenly the elbow isn’t a problem. 

I guess when you use every incompletion as evidence then your narrative looks pretty good. 

• Eyeroll 2

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Well ya see it went a little something like this... they went into the locker room and went to grab their peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches. In its place was grilled cheese sandwhiches.  They complained but the staff said this is what you are getting at halftime from now on because the hoarders bought up all the peanut butter.  The players said screw that.  Im no giving it 100% until i get my pb&j.  Its been a game of chicken between the players and the staff ever since.

Well, they may have got a little of their PB&J back.😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Looked to me like he started playing hero ball for a game or two. And when he figured that out and corrected it, he got the elbow problem.

And the elbow problem absolutely is a problem at times. He can still throw hard when he puts his whole body into it. But he usually can throw hard as hell almost flat-footed.

Edited by Thurman#1

26 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Looked to me like he started playing hero ball for a game or two. And when he figured that out and corrected it, he got the elbow problem.

And the elbow problem absolutely is a problem at times. He can still throw hard when he puts his whole body into it. But he usually can throw hard as hell almost flat-footed.

I just think he had a stinker against the Jets. I don't know that it was hero ball or anything else, he just played poorly. He is entitled to have a bad game every now and again. Then the injury occurred but equally as concerning to me was he got into his own head about it and the mistakes against Minnesota were absolutely a guy pressing and by the first half of that Cleveland game he was a mess. His mechanics in the first half of that game were all over the shop. His feet were fidgeting his throwing motion was shot (that bit possibly injury affected) but really the moment he found Stef in the back of the endzone before HT in that game it was like he let out a huge sigh of relief and while he hasn't been at his best the game and a half since that point he has been back to more like the Josh we know. I thought he played a really good game in Detroit. Maybe not an A+ but a solid A-/B+. 

I actually wonder if that McDermott / Stef chat we saw on the touchline was not about Stef at all. I wonder if it was McDermott saying to Stef "I need you to be a leader and get through to Josh, just calm him down." We will likely never know but I have wondered. The thing I love about Josh Allen is he olds himself accountable at all times. Never makes excuses, is the first one to hold his hands up when he has played poorly. But it is a fine balance between holding yourself accountable and beating yourself up. And I think after the Jets game he might have slipped into beating himself up a bit. 

• Like (+1) 3

I said it right after that game. Josh got hurt during that big hit on the sideline. He’s been hiding that he’s injured because he’s a warrior and then the next week gets his elbow jacked up. Dude is gutting through this but you can tell it’s taking a toll on him because he’s having to try and play different and more forced at times because of his injuries. Love the guy and hope he gets well soon so we can get back to “13 second” Josh form that were used to since last years playoffs and up until that second half of the GB game. 

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

He misses Daboll.  

He’s favoring his elbow.

Dorsey is struggling with red zone play calling.

Our WRs aren’t getting open enough 

All true. Also, Beane failed to improve the OL and now Allen had panic feet behind it. Also, let’s be honest, Allen has never been consistent and always prone to erratic turnovers.

3 minutes ago, Airseven said:

All true. Also, Beane failed to improve the OL and now Allen had panic feet behind it. Also, let’s be honest, Allen has never been consistent and always prone to erratic turnovers.

Until this year, I don't remember red zone turnovers. That is the new bad thing. It's probably a combination of factors, but lack of creativity by Dorsey is part of the problem.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Until this year, I don't remember red zone turnovers. That is the new bad thing. It's probably a combination of factors, but lack of creativity by Dorsey is part of the problem.

The play he got picked on last week, not really on Josh, is a play we have run at least 4 or 5 times in the redzone this year. You have to believe that Defensive coordinators are watching the tape on that play and saying "play the run and then if he pulls it back get your hands up."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The play he got picked on last week, not really on Josh, is a play we have run at least 4 or 5 times in the redzone this year. You have to believe that Defensive coordinators are watching the tape on that play and saying "play the run and then if he pulls it back get your hands up."

Watch the Chargers from 5-yards in, goal to go, and then watch us. 

21 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Watch the Chargers from 5-yards in, goal to go, and then watch us. 

Ironically, I think Dorsey's best call in the short redzone all year was the 4th down in Miami when Josh missed Isaiah for a walk-in touchdown. It hasn't been great down there. I like that he is at least trying to call RB runs in that area, Dabes had all but given up on it, but it feels at times like it is Singletary up the middle because he doesn't really have many other ideas. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Ironically, I think Dorsey's best call in the short redzone all year was the 4th down in Miami when Josh missed Isaiah for a walk-in touchdown. It hasn't been great down there. I like that he is at least trying to call RB runs in that area, Dabes has all but given up on it, but it feels at times like it is Singletary up the middle because he doesn't really have man other ideas. 

This is 100% correct. 

You saw the same thing I did, simple motion across the formation, running start, and simple toss to the far pylon for easy touchdowns. 

Those kind of throws have replaced the corner-fade/jumpball style TDs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.