What Happened After Halftime of the Packers Game?

st pete gogolak

Opened the season crushing the defending Super Bowl champs on the road despite four turnovers.  Crushed last year's AFC #! seed at home.  Lost a freakish heartbreaker at Miami despite a rash of injuries and hellish and unfair conditions on the field.  Came back with a gutsy comeback win on the road at Baltimore.  Destroyed Pittsburgh at home.  Great game on the road for a well-deserved win against arch nemesis KC.  5-1 going into the bye.  

I hadn't felt as confident of a win going into a game as I did Green Bay.  Rested, getting some players back going against team at the bottom of the league stopping the run.  Good game to get our run game healthy. Up 24 - 7 at the half.  Offense looked fine.  Defense looked soft against the run, which was a surprise given how sturdy we had been against the run the first six games.  At that point, Josh Allen had 19 TD passes against 4 interceptions and was favorite to win MVP.  He took a couple of big hits early in the second half and hasn't looked the same since.  Since halftime of the Packer game Allen has 4 TD passes against 7 interceptions (including 3 red zone INT's) and a fumble on a QB sneak that cost the Viking game.  He looked bad against the Jets well before the elbow injury.  I'm convinced Allen suffered some sort of injury early in the second half of the Packer game.  It just seems statistically impossible to play 6 1/2 games so well and the next 4 1/2 either mediocre or flat out bad.  Granted, the lousy offensive line play hasn't helped.  Brown has been a big disappointment.  

Our defense after getting gouged by Green Bay and the Jets on the ground has rebounded nicely in stopping the run (other than the 80 yard Cook run).  Pass defense has been bad but hopefully that will be cured by getting some of our guys back. 

The one thing this team needs is one big game from Allen showing that he is back.  That, and staying relatively healthy and we will be fine.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

Well ya see it went a little something like this... they went into the locker room and went to grab their peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches. In its place was grilled cheese sandwhiches.  They complained but the staff said this is what you are getting at halftime from now on because the hoarders bought up all the peanut butter.  The players said screw that.  Im no giving it 100% until i get my pb&j.  Its been a game of chicken between the players and the staff ever since.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I've wondered the same same thing as the original poster and came to the same conclusion as Pine Barrens Mafia -- that JA was concussed at some point in the first half. The play show in the video posted by Einstein sure seems like the sort of collision which could result in a concussion.

My WTF moment was the red zone interception he threw in the 2nd half against Green Bay.  This intimation of negativity was confirmed when he threw a similar pick against the Jets.

Josh needs to make sliding an ingrained habit. As it is, he reminds me of my late, great dog who had a great respect for barbed wire when he was in a calm state, but when his blood was up, say when he spotted prey on the other side, he would run right through it. (Trips to the vet and time on the IR often ensued.)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I think it started with overconfidence. Josh stopped taking the easy throws and started looking for only the big throws. Once he threw a lot of INT's and actually lost the team a couple of games, it hurt his confidence and he is working his way back from that. Plus, the elbow injury.

As for the team as a whole? Injuries caught up to them. Their depth held for awhile, but now there is significant film on all our backups, and they are backups for a reason.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I think Josh was concussed in that game.

This is the correct answer. It was minor, which is still very not good. He shook his head a time or two in a way that really made it obvious. 

Not long after that, the injuries kicked in. And here we are. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I think it was the hit that he took running to the boundary in the second quarter. It was heavy contact and Josh got up fired up and said “I love that sh$t”. I am convinced he was concussed as well as some rib injury. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

Opened the season crushing the defending Super Bowl champs on the road despite four turnovers.  Crushed last year's AFC #! seed at home.  Lost a freakish heartbreaker at Miami despite a rash of injuries and hellish and unfair conditions on the field.  Came back with a gutsy comeback win on the road at Baltimore.  Destroyed Pittsburgh at home.  Great game on the road for a well-deserved win against arch nemesis KC.  5-1 going into the bye.  

I hadn't felt as confident of a win going into a game as I did Green Bay.  Rested, getting some players back going against team at the bottom of the league stopping the run.  Good game to get our run game healthy. Up 24 - 7 at the half.  Offense looked fine.  Defense looked soft against the run, which was a surprise given how sturdy we had been against the run the first six games.  At that point, Josh Allen had 19 TD passes against 4 interceptions and was favorite to win MVP.  He took a couple of big hits early in the second half and hasn't looked the same since.  Since halftime of the Packer game Allen has 4 TD passes against 7 interceptions (including 3 red zone INT's) and a fumble on a QB sneak that cost the Viking game.  He looked bad against the Jets well before the elbow injury.  I'm convinced Allen suffered some sort of injury early in the second half of the Packer game.  It just seems statistically impossible to play 6 1/2 games so well and the next 4 1/2 either mediocre or flat out bad.  Granted, the lousy offensive line play hasn't helped.  Brown has been a big disappointment.  

Our defense after getting gouged by Green Bay and the Jets on the ground has rebounded nicely in stopping the run (other than the 80 yard Cook run).  Pass defense has been bad but hopefully that will be cured by getting some of our guys back. 

The one thing this team needs is one big game from Allen showing that he is back.  That, and staying relatively healthy and we will be fine.

talked to death here....I agree he was concussed

3 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

So here we are 5-weeks after that game and he’s what Pine? Still dizzy, having headaches, woozy, and nobody on the staff noticed? 

Josh secretly never told anyone?

The Bills were in on it and withheld from the league? 

44 minutes ago, Trock said:

Joshs head just hasn’t been right since. Concussion or fear. 

🙄🙄🙄

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

He misses Daboll.  

He’s favoring his elbow.

Dorsey is struggling with red zone play calling.

Our WRs aren’t getting open enough 

Any evidence that he is favoring the elbow? 

• Eyeroll 1

56 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Something changed after the bye week. I don’t think it was halftime of the Packers game. Josh just seemed different. The Bills were rolling and the the bye week happened. 

They were dominating the Packers in the first half and the Bills looked like the Greatest Show on Turf.

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

So here we are 5-weeks after that game and he’s what Pine? Still dizzy, having headaches, woozy, and nobody on the staff noticed? 

Josh secretly never told anyone?

The Bills were in on it and withheld from the league? 

🙄🙄🙄

Any evidence that he is favoring the elbow? 

By the way he is finessing so many throws and saving the fastballs for only the plays he really feels he needs them for.

Now that he is a full go in practice maybe he feels ready to let it rip again more often.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They were dominating the Packers in the first half and the Bills looked like the Greatest Show on Turf.

By the way he is finessing so many throws and saving the fastballs for only the plays he really feels he needs them for.

Now that he is a full go in practice maybe he feels ready to let it rip again more often.

He was asked point blank after the Vikings if he was limited at all in the game, he immediately responded “no” without hesitation.

Did you see any finesse on that ripper throw to Davis in the endzone that hit him in the hands that he dropped? 

I think fans make things up in their head to fit a narrative. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

He was asked point blank after the Vikings if he was limited at all in the game, he immediately responded “no” without hesitation.

Did you see any finesse on that ripper throw to Davis in the endzone that hit him in the hands that he dropped? 

I think fans make things up in their head to fit a narrative. 

Of course he's gonna say no. He's not Aaron Rodgers.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Process said:

Of course he's gonna say no. He's not Aaron Rodgers.

So I guess it’s a coverup. 

On the elbow things fit the narrative until he fires a 36-yard rope, or converts a 3rd-15 and 3rd-16 on the same drive.

On the concussion, he was dizzy for 2-3 weeks and just never told anyone, and no one on the Bills staff seemed to care about the franchise QB to get him into protocol.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.