SEA bench player runs out on field after INT to block. Missed by both on field and NFL officials

Big Turk

I don't know if I have ever seen this before...the Seahawks player runs out on the field to block after they intercept Carr.  Apparently if this would have been a pick 6, it would have counted since turnovers are automatically reviewed just like scoring plays are?  

Just an egregious miss by both on field and NFL officials.  How is it possible to miss a guy running off the bench right in view of the camera??

• Shocked 2
  • Haha (+1) 21

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm just wondering what he was thinking.  Was he running onto the field to celebrate and then realized his teammate wasn't down and tried to blend in? Is Carroll coaching players to do this since no one is watching? Did he just lose his mind? 

lol I’m thinking he was just so pumped, and natural instinct took over.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm just wondering what he was thinking.  Was he running onto the field to celebrate and then realized his teammate wasn't down and tried to blend in? Is Carroll coaching players to do this since no one is watching? Did he just lose his mind? 

Almost certain this was it.  He thought his guy was down by contact since he was on the ground, and then he thought his defensive teammates were celebrating and running toward the sideline, so he just ran out in excitement to greet them.  You can see him hesitate for a split second when he's on the field, like, "oh F*#!", before continuing to block, lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Lol yeah that’s what I think happened. He went out to celebrate, saw the play was still live and just tried to blend in 😅🤣

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

This is definitely what happened.  He ran out on the field thinking the play was dead and didn't realize it was still going.  It looked like he was down by contact from the bench on the INT, but it wasn't.  Once he was on the field you can tell he didn't know what to do.  

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I guess once the play was going on no one noticed it unlike a coach who should have been suspended for a year for tripping a player on the field.

Didn't they fire that coach?

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Could have used that extra guy to run on the field and tackle Josh Jacobs on his 86 yard TD that could potentially end my season.   

Honestly what would have happened if a player actually did that? Would the team be awarded a TD due to an "unfair act"?

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.