Gunman charged in Buffalo mass shooting pleads guilty to 15 counts

Punching Bag

Racist murderer Payton Gendron pleads guilty.

The self-proclaimed white supremacist who meticulously planned and then carried out the mass murder of 10 Black people at the Tops supermarket on Jefferson Avenue pleaded guilty Monday morning to 15 charges against him, guaranteeing he will serve life in prison without the possibility of parole.

A person convicted of the charge of first-degree domestic terrorism motivated by hate faces an automatic sentence of life in prison without parole.

None of his victims got that.  New York State abolished the death penalty in 2007.

In court he pleaded guilty to:

• One count of first-degree domestic act of terrorism motivated by hate.

• 10 counts of first-degree murder.

• Three counts of attempted second-degree murder as a hate crime.

• One count of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon charge.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/gunman-charged-in-buffalo-mass-shooting-pleads-guilty-to-15-counts/article_fca075da-6da1-11ed-9129-2b7368b3a187.html

Paygate may be open now on it but they have some algorithm which changes article availability. I clear cookies for site after every use.  Ads with 'x' on it when do not collapse but execute popup is part of reason I do not subscribe which this article had when I viewed it.

Edited by Limeaid
Put disclaimer on bottom.

I'm opposed to capital punishment for three reasons:

1. This:

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

"This guy is a murderer!  How should we punish him for doing such a horrible thing?"

"Let's murder him!!  It's only right!!"

2. There have been so many cases of false convictions - you can always overturn the conviction and set them free, but you can't undo death. That obviously doesn't apply here, since he was caught in the act, admitted his guilt, and showed no remorse.

3. I think life in prison with no chance of parole is a fate worse than death. Let him stew on it for the next 60 years instead of giving him the easy way out. Even if I believed in eternal damnation, I'd feel the same. I mean, he'd get there eventually, right?

• Like (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I'm opposed to capital punishment for three reasons:

1. This:

2. There have been so many cases of false convictions - you can always overturn the conviction and set them free, but you can't undo death. That obviously doesn't apply here, since he was caught in the act, admitted his guilt, and showed no remorse.

3. I think life in prison with no chance of parole is a fate worse than death. Let him stew on it for the next 60 years instead of giving him the easy way out. Even if I believed in eternal damnation, I'd feel the same. I mean, he'd get there eventually, right?

Life in prison with no chance of getting out is much worse than lethal injection… 

So I agree let him rot for 70 years

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Racist murderer Payton Gendron pleads guilty.

A person convicted of the charge of first-degree domestic terrorism motivated by hate faces an automatic sentence of life in prison without parole.

None of his victims got that.  New York State abolished the death penalty in 2007.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/gunman-charged-in-buffalo-mass-shooting-pleads-guilty-to-15-counts/article_fca075da-6da1-11ed-9129-2b7368b3a187.html

Paygate may be open now on it but they have some algorithm which changes article availability. I clear cookies for site after every use.  Ads with 'x' on it when do not collapse but execute popup is part of reason I do not subscribe which this article had when I viewed it.

Even when a state has the death penalty all you need is one. The Stoneman Douglass shooter managed to avoid it. 

In cases where there is indisputable evidence, as these 2 cases, the quicker the better. Helps give the families closure and cost of feeding/caring for 40+ years is a waste of resources.

21 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

that costs money though.   

quick death would be better “in this economy” 

This is patently false.

The entire death penalty process is significantly more expensive than life without parole.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is patently false.

The entire death penalty process is significantly more expensive than life without parole.

It's not the death penalty process that is expensive.  How much to snuff this fugger? It's the appeal process and the cost to give this POS three squares and a cot while he waits for the appeals for years and years.  

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It's not the death penalty process that is expensive.  How much to snuff this fugger? It's the appeal process and the cost to give this POS three squares and a cot while he waits for the appeals for years and years.  

Yes, the entire death penalty process includes the initial trial, death row imprisonment and appeals ... all of those things cost more for capital punishment cases/inmates.

Edited by Gugny

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Yes, the entire death penalty process includes the initial trial, death row imprisonment and appeals ... all of those things cost more for a capital punishment cases/inmates.

And of course it's because the sentence is never carried out.  It should be if the sentence is death, they go through one appeal and if that fails death is the next day.  Done and done.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And of course it's because the sentence is never carried out.  It should be if the sentence is death, they go through one appeal and if that fails death is the next day.  Done and done.  

Clearly, I am against capital punishment.  However, I do understand why so many support it and I respect those opinions.  If our pathetic justice system could come up with a way to be 100% positive that the person being sentenced to death is actually guilty, then I would agree that the appeal process should be quick and that the execution should take place as soon as that process has been exhausted.

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Clearly, I am against capital punishment.  However, I do understand why so many support it and I respect those opinions.  If our pathetic justice system could come up with a way to be 100% positive that the person being sentenced to death is actually guilty, then I would agree that the appeal process should be quick and that the execution should take place as soon as that process has been exhausted.

Do you think this guy was 100% guilty?  

I struggle with this too. God forbid we execute an innocent person but he’s not that person. 

57 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Do you think this guy was 100% guilty?  

I struggle with this too. God forbid we execute an innocent person but he’s not that person. 

Yes, I do think he is 100% guilty.  

But what is the goal for capital punishment?  If it's satisfaction (which I think it is for most people), then how is that any better than the crime they committed?

Ending someone's life against their will is wrong .... whether it's a criminal doing it, or the government.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.