Alexa Is Pissing Me Off

Gugny

lol we have moved beyond what we used to see on the Jetsons with the TV telephones. Now we have machines to obey our every verbal command eh?

Im waiting for the laundry and cooking robot myself.  A girl can dream......I'll call him Gugny

lmaoo sorry I couldn't resist

😏

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

lol we have moved beyond what we used to see on the Jetsons with the TV telephones. Now we have machines to obey our every verbal command eh?

Im waiting for the laundry and cooking robot myself.  A girl can dream......I'll call him Gugny

lmaoo sorry I couldn't resist

😏

As long as you don’t try to use “ @Gugny ” for sex. Rumor is that he is terrible at it.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/28/2022 at 1:28 PM, Gugny said:

I've always enjoyed the convenience of asking Alexa to play an entire album when the mood strikes me.

Like many of you, I'm sure, there are certain (lots of them) albums that I enjoy in their entirety and in the original track order.

The other night, I was in the mood for the White Album.  So I politely said, "Alexa ... play the White Album by the Beatles."

The little B word responds with, "shuffling songs from the Beatles White Album with similar songs."

ARE YOU ***** KIDDING ME?!?!

Trying to turn shuffle off does not work.  I've looked into it and it looks like there is NO solution to this.  In the end, I just pulled up the White Album on You Tube on my tablet and connected to Alexa via bluetooth.  But that is NOT convenient.

Anyone have a permanent fix to this bullsh*t?

Ditch Amazon music and get Spotify or a similar streaming service and say, "Alexa, play the Beatles White Album on Spotify (or streaming service of choice)". 

If that doesn't work, smoke a bowl and play the album in your head. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Mark80 said:

If you pay for amazon music you can listen to them in correct order.  If you are listening to free service (even with amazon prime) they force the shuffle on you.

Yep ... which is a new development.

I've been listening to albums in order with regular Amazon Prime for years.

I can't even shuffle songs by one artist/group anymore.  There have always been bands for which you needed Amazon Music in order to play an album.  The Police is one.  But I was okay with that, because I could just say, "Alexa, play the Police," and she would shuffle their entire catalog - so I had Police music for hours and didn't care that it wasn't a specific album.

Now, I can't even do that.  Now, she'll mix in "similar artists," which is a complete ***** joke.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.