Fins "impressive" 5 game win streak has come against opponents with a combined .282 win percentage

Big Turk

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So that is fair, in that the Bills only needed any one of about 6 plays to go better for them in that game to win (and Milano's was one). But overall if you look at DVOA keeping the Dolphins O to 21 (think it was 21) is a much stronger performance than only scoring 19 on their D. 

True but when you’re missing 5 offensive linemen, you’ve just gotta find any way to make one more play to win the game.  Blaming one particular player/unit is a meaningless exercise imo.  Both sides could’ve made that extra play 

4 hours ago, DapperCam said:

And they only beat the Vikings because of the same unfair home field advantage that let them beat us.

https://www.si.com/.amp/extra-mustard/2022/10/16/vikings-dolphins-sideline-temperature-difference-miami-120-degrees

Dolphins are pretenders

I wouldn’t say they’re pretenders but it does feel like they built a mostly one read college offense for tua to get the ball out quick that’s  gonna work exponentially better against bottom of the barrel nfl defenses and struggle against good ones.  They lost armstead too so they’re pretty close to reverting to their 2021 offensive line on paper 

tyreek and waddle are gonna be a handful for anyone still though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/29/2022 at 3:39 AM, Big Turk said:

The Bills beat the Bills.  Let's be real. Same story in all 3 losses.

129 degrees on the field beat the Bills in that game. Wearing dark blue while the Fins wore white.

I think we're going to see a very different game up in Orchard Park, even if the temps are not a factor.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 11/29/2022 at 9:13 AM, BRH said:

They have three straight road games coming up that are against better teams than anyone else they've played this year except Minnesota and Cincinnati (who they lost to):  San Francisco, LAC, and Buffalo.

0-3 is a distinct possibility, and not for nothing, but we already have seen that they have nothing at the QB position after Tua, who will have to face Nick Bosa and Khalil Mack in the next two weeks.

I still think worse case for the Dolphins on this trip is 2-1, but for some reason I see them running the table and not losing again this year which means a sweep of the Bills and obvious AFCE title.

They just have the look of one of those special teams this year and McDaniel truly is some sort of savant and not a goofy bastard after all!

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I still think worse case for the Dolphins on this trip is 2-1, but for some reason I see them running the table and not losing again this year which means a sweep of the Bills and obvious AFCE title.

They just have the look of one of those special teams this year and McDaniel truly is some sort of savant and not a goofy bastard after all!

It’s annoying but they kinda have that vibe of last year Bills. I don’t think they’ll run the table but i do think beating SF will not be surprising.  McDaniel knows them just as much as SF know him.  Kansas City went through SF with zero resistance and Miami has some great O talent to do the same.

Plus now McCaffrey is not 100% and they are not sure if he will play. Lucky Miami.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/28/2022 at 3:06 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Bills fans complaining about an opponent having an easy schedule is quite laughable given the quality of opponents the Bills have had to face going back to 2017.

They rode some pretty favorable schedules to success.

This year the Bills have FINALLY faced some adverse scheduling.

The media hasn't quite gotten around to talking about it just yet, but not only have the Bills played a lot of good teams......an ACTUAL first place schedule for once.......but barring anymore snowpocalypses they will finish the regular season playing on the road 10 times and at home only 7.  

I think the difficult schedule has taken a bit of a toll on the players psyche...........the career Bills on the team really aren't used to having to play 60 minutes of focused football every week.

I don't get this at all.  The Bills and the Dolphins play 14 games between the same teams every season.

The difference this year is this:

AFCW:  Bills/Chiefs vs Dolphins/Chargers

AFCS:  Bills/Titans vs Dolphins/Texans

NFCW:  Bills/Rams vs Dolphins/49ers

Dolphins have the easier schedule as anyone can see.  They NOW face some of their better opponents and we will all see how they do.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Why are you here?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Let me finish the thought for you

1) Miami beats KC in Arrowhead in the AFC CG.

2) Miami beats the Eagles in the SB and @FilthyBeast hops on the first plane to Ft. lauderdale to be first in line for the parade.

3) Miami has a Patriot-like 20 year run atop the AFCE while Josh Allen regresses into rookie-year form and the Bills endure another 18-year playoff drought while they look for another QB.

4) Tua is a first-ballot HOFer and becomes the face of the league. People are like “Patrick who?”

Yeah, none of that is happening.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, zow2 said:

It’s annoying but they kinda have that vibe of last year Bills. I don’t think they’ll run the table but i do think beating SF will not be surprising.  McDaniel knows them just as much as SF know him.  Kansas City went through SF with zero resistance and Miami has some great O talent to do the same.

Plus now McCaffrey is not 100% and they are not sure if he will play. Lucky Miami.

It just goes to show how quickly a teams fortunes can turn around in just one season by making the right coaching change and roster tweaks. And I also mentioned that I believe Miami will take a page out of KC's playbook and boatrace the 49ers early because they are not a good team when they fall behind by 10+ points and have to rely on Jimmy G to play aggressively.

Coaching matters and this is why I maintain it would be foolish for Terry Pegula to stand pat and believe he can't upgrade from Beane/McDermott if this team flounders or has a quick exit in the playoffs this year. The foundation is there as long as JA17 is on the roster and you get a coaching staff that will run a real defense instead of this silly nickel/bend but don't break stuff and this team truly ascend to the next level.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.