Fins "impressive" 5 game win streak has come against opponents with a combined .282 win percentage

Big Turk

40 minutes ago, K-9 said:

A few weeks ago? Try eight days ago. After one day of practice, on the road, after a huge snowfall complicated just getting there. 

Guess we will find out in a couple weeks when they come here.. hopefully we aren't missing 7 starters on defense this time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

I think the Bills are a better team than Miami.  Miami caught Buffalo at perfect time.  Buffalo was dealing with a bunch of injuries and the weather in Miami for the game was perfect to take advantage of the disparity in the two sidelines.  As long as the injury situations are somewhat similar, I expect Buffalo to win the rematch in Buffalo.  

Miami is also better today.

People forget our offense was the problem that day. Not so much that they couldn’t move the ball, they couldn’t finish drives or turned it over. Miami had about 200 total yards. Tua only missed 1 series at the end of the half.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

People forget our offense was the problem that day. Not so much that they couldn’t move the ball, they couldn’t finish drives or turned it over. Miami had about 200 total yards. Tua only missed 1 series at the end of the half.

Work with me here, maybe the depleted bills defense had something to do with that 

21 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I mean you can only play who is on your schedule, but I mean come on...has there been an easier 5 game stretch in the NFL this season??

Steelers, Lions, Bears, Browns, Texans.

Could see them losing the next 3 in a row with the 49ers, Chargers and Bills the next 3 up.

Based on expectations on the team prior to the season for non divisional games 

easier ones could be Texans, Steelers, browns, Lions, bears

5-0

harder games would be ravens, bengals, chargers, Vikings, packers, and niners. 1-2 with the win a miracle

Going 9-11 wins was in the ballpark

I said it last year when the seas parted for the Bills, and the same holds true for Miami this season:

An impressive record is impressive.  It is very hard to win games, especially with consistency.  These are all world class athletes at the top of their profession, highly competitive, and driven by money.  The coaches are all the best strategists in the sport.  Everyone is giving their all.  The difference between #1 and #32 is not all that huge, and within that range, teams are much closer.  Many games also come down to a few bounces, calls, and luck.  To come out 8-3 is impressive!

I’ve read several comments on getting healthy.  We’ll, Poyer is practicing, Allen was throwing, Edmunds, and Morse were full participants.

Of the starters we’re out Von, and Dion is day to day.

My concern is Spencer Brown as he may not hold up well against the Cheats front  7.  He’ll need TE or 6th OL help at times.

One item somewhat under the radar is we have done more 21 personnel and has worked.  Whether it’s Gilliam and Motor, or Motor and Cook/Hines, it is a viable option.  Before the season, myself included thought maybe 12 personnel would be a way to diversify the offense, but Howard was a shell of himself, so 21 maybe a thing to expand as really the Cook/Hines option is really the short dump off receiver dressed up as a RB.

I think all of us will be happy Friday morning.

Let the Dolphins bandwagon get overcrowded. Who cares? I like it that the media are talking about Tua and the Dolphins, and Mike White and the Jets, and Joe Burrow and Cincinnati. They've all won some games, and some of the praise (I'm thinking the Bengals, who are coming into shape at the right time) is deserved. Pile it on.  

The Bills just need to get their house in order and win these last six games. We'll see. 

Edited by Dr. K

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s hard to tell…tua has usually been hurt when they’ve played the stiffer competition the last few years…or the opposing team has been ravaged by the injury bug (baltimore,Buffalo) tua looked pretty mediocre against cincy in the half that he played and buffalo. I think their offense is a bit gimmicky and it’s structured well to blow out bad teams but not do much against good ones. We’re definitely gonna find out a lot in the next three games…they might be the real deal we just don’t know yet.  

looks like their gamble on terron armstead went sideways also as he will now be out for awhile.  We’ll have to see how that offensive line holds up 

our offense was the problem because we lost 5 offensive linemen by halftime lol the pressure was immediate all second half. Dawkins and saffold finished the game but the other 3 spots on the offensive line were absolutely decimated by injuries/heat stroke 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

6 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Work with me here, maybe the depleted bills defense had something to do with that 

They gave up the one bad touchdown on 3rd and long. Otherwise the D played well in Miami. The offense kept tripping over itself, including at the end with a chance to win the game twice. 

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They gave up the one bad touchdown on 3rd and long. Otherwise the D played well in Miami. The offense kept tripping over itself, including at the end with a chance to win the game twice. 

The dropped pick six by Milano was at least as bad as any opportunity the offense missed imo.  Assigning blame to one unit/play is trivial.  

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The dropped pick six by Milano was at least as bad as any opportunity the offense missed imo.  Assigning blame to one unit/play is trivial.  

So that is fair, in that the Bills only needed any one of about 6 plays to go better for them in that game to win (and Milano's was one). But overall if you look at DVOA keeping the Dolphins O to 21 (think it was 21) is a much stronger performance than only scoring 19 on their D. 

22 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

If they were barely squeaking by like the Bills have in recent weeks it would be easy to dismiss these wins and consider them a possibly fraud. But they are dominating teams on both sides of the ball including the same Browns we barely hung on to beat a few weeks ago.

I mean, they won three of those games by one score and their two "dominating" wins came at home.  As for the Browns, they got a couple of late garbage-time TDs to bring the deficit under double digits... and the Dolphins played the Browns at home without having to deal with all the travel-related BS prior to the game.

They have three straight road games coming up that are against better teams than anyone else they've played this year except Minnesota and Cincinnati (who they lost to):  San Francisco, LAC, and Buffalo.

0-3 is a distinct possibility, and not for nothing, but we already have seen that they have nothing at the QB position after Tua, who will have to face Nick Bosa and Khalil Mack in the next two weeks.

23 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I mean you can only play who is on your schedule, but I mean come on...has there been an easier 5 game stretch in the NFL this season??

Steelers, Lions, Bears, Browns, Texans.

Could see them losing the next 3 in a row with the 49ers, Chargers and Bills the next 3 up.

They were good enough to beat us! 

We have a better win percentage than that.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

They were good enough to beat us! 

We have a better win percentage than that.

Let's not be funny.  Nobody who watched that game thought they beat us. The Bills mostly beat themselves by leaving about 20-30 points on the field and they also got an assist from the heat and injuries which by the 4th quarter accounted for half the starters being out.  And they still were getting dominated.

• Agree 1

I hope that 49er's defense knocks the snot out of Tua and the Fish. I also have a good feeling about Cincy.

Nobody talks about the lackluster wins by K.C. after their loss to the Colts.

Jets at Minny, who ain't the Bears...Gonna be a good week.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BRH said:

They have three straight road games coming up that are against better teams than anyone else they've played this year except Minnesota and Cincinnati (who they lost to):  San Francisco, LAC, and Buffalo.

0-3 is a distinct possibility, and not for nothing, but we already have seen that they have nothing at the QB position after Tua, who will have to face Nick Bosa and Khalil Mack in the next two weeks.

And they only beat the Vikings because of the same unfair home field advantage that let them beat us.

https://www.si.com/.amp/extra-mustard/2022/10/16/vikings-dolphins-sideline-temperature-difference-miami-120-degrees

Dolphins are pretenders

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

And they only beat the Vikings because of the same unfair home field advantage that let them beat us.

https://www.si.com/.amp/extra-mustard/2022/10/16/vikings-dolphins-sideline-temperature-difference-miami-120-degrees

Dolphins are pretenders

They lost to the Vikings 24-16.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.