Fins "impressive" 5 game win streak has come against opponents with a combined .282 win percentage

Big Turk

44 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

They are a decent team with some serious talent, but one that is built to play with a lead or grind it out late which has been their MO under Shanahan especially during their playoff runs the last few years.

The problem they are going to continue to have is when other good teams jump on them they simply aren't built to play from behind and I think that's what the Dolphins will try to replicate in terms of what the Chiefs did earlier this year and see no reason why they won't be successful given how well that offense is playing of late.

If Armstead is out Miami could be in serious trouble...he missed a part of the game against Houston and the Fins had fits in pass protection. Considering Tua is made of glass, probably not great.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, FLFan said:

There is just no slowing down the Fins fan express around here, or the fair-weather Bills fan parade that this board has become.  Both the Fins and the Jets are about to come crashing back to earth, and all the breathless teenage girls around here gushing over their magnificense and bemoaning the Bills lack of winning in apparently the right way recently will be jumping back on the bandwagon soon enough.  

I’ll go with history until our division opponents prove differently. The Patriots were in this position at the exact time last year. The better team eventually settled in and smacked them around late in the year to take the division again. I’m expecting the same when the Bills meet the fins at home in a few weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

If they were barely squeaking by like the Bills have in recent weeks it would be easy to dismiss these wins and consider them a possibly fraud. But they are dominating teams on both sides of the ball including the same Browns we barely hung on to beat a few weeks ago.

Also Tua is ranked #1 in just about every major QB category right now and their defense is quietly improving as the season goes on despite their own rash of key injuries early on.

I don't see them losing the next 3 in a row but agree it's a far tougher stretch than what they've faced in recent weeks and will either validate them as an elite team/SB contender which I believe they are, or another WC type of team.

They just snuck by three of those teams in a row…one of which we absolutely destroyed(Steelers) so I don’t think it’s that simple.

their offense hasn’t looked anywhere near as good against the afc playoff field even with tua playing (outside of the final quarter of the ravens game after the ravens lost a few dbs)

tua was pretty deer in headlights-y against us and the half he played in cincy.  

The browns win was impressive but I don’t really put any stock in their performance against the Kyle Allen led Texans. 

Also…we barely hung on against the browns? Lol that was a very comfortable win imo 

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They just snuck by three of those teams in a row…one of which we absolutely destroyed(Steelers) so I don’t think it’s that simple.

their offense hasn’t looked anywhere near as good against the afc playoff field even with tua playing (outside of the final quarter of the ravens game after the ravens lost a few dbs)

tua was pretty deer in headlights-y against us and the half he played in cincy.  

The browns win was impressive but I don’t really put any stock in their performance against the Kyle Allen led Texans. 

Also…we barely hung on against the browns? Lol that was a very comfortable win imo 

Stop. Responding. 

He's a child only here for attention. Stop giving it to him.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

The Dolphins are playing a lot better, and they are beating teams they should beat.

If the media wants to gush over the Dolphins, let them.

I still think the Bills are going to come out on top of the division. The Bills will take care of business.

The Bills seemed to wake up last year when NE started getting a ton of attention after beating them. The more the Dolphins get the better. 

The dolphins are better than expected, and I have been impressed by the coaching.  Coming into the season it seemed like they had a chance at a wildcard, and now it seems they are a definite over .500 team, even against a more challenging schedule.  It's ok to acknowledge that they are playing well and recognize that they are on a tier below the chiefs and bills.  They could easily end up anywhere from 9-13 wins still.  They won't be favored in any more than 3 of their remaining games, 2 if the jets defense keeps up at the same level.  I think they push and end up 11-6, with wins against chargers, packers, and patriots.

Tua has been about what is expected and what he's shown in previous years.  He is physically limited (since his SR year injury), but throws a pretty ball.  It he cam keep playing within his capabilities, he'll continue to be in the top half of QB's in the league.  He's more than a "game manager", but has enough limits to not be elite.  With his receivers playing the way that they are, he can statistically be in the top 10 or 5 depending on schedule.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

There is just no slowing down the Fins fan express around here, or the fair-weather Bills fan parade that this board has become.  Both the Fins and the Jets are about to come crashing back to earth, and all the breathless teenage girls around here gushing over their magnificense and bemoaning the Bills lack of winning in apparently the right way recently will be jumping back on the bandwagon soon enough.  

I know one person that wont stop.  Hasnt stopped him the last two year.  Why stop now?  Gotta ride it until its true. Then claim "Ha ha, I was right!"

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

I got into this argument last weekend with my cousin, who is a crazy delusional lifelong Dolphins fan:

He stubbornly clung to Tua's statistics vs Josh's for this year and basically said that Tua was the better QB and the Bills would never win with Josh (because he throws too many INT's)

I still can't get past Tua not passing the "eye test" for me. 

Yes, he's accurate

Yes, he throws a nice catchable ball

But he still seems fragile and not meant for the long haul.

He slides to avoid hits or runs out of bounds

He doesn't fire up his teammates or inspire a lot of leadership

This is the first year he's had any sustained success, and that's with missing multiple games or parts of games due to injury

Regression and injuries are going to hit this team hard

I'll wait to anoint Tua and the Dolphins until they can prove it in the playoffs

Is your cousin an inbred? Might explain a lot. 

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I mean you can only play who is on your schedule, but I mean come on...has there been an easier 5 game stretch in the NFL this season??

Steelers, Lions, Bears, Browns, Texans.

Could see them losing the next 3 in a row with the 49ers, Chargers and Bills the next 3 up.

Why do people waste time with posts comparing schedules ?  If you note , 2 of those easy teams almost beat us !  Let’s see how we do against the bears who are playing better. , don’t count your chickens, yada. Yada, yada,  What is the fins afc east record , oh and what team did they beat when said team was undefeated?  Oh ,yeah us but it was the heats fault. Who currently is the #2 afc seed ? Oh yeah , it’s them. Who is 0-2 in the East ?  Oh yeah , it’s us. Who has a receiver leading the league in yards?  Who has a qb with a higher QB rating and has thrown less ints?   Who is doin that under a FIRST YEAR HEAD COACH?  Oh yeah , that’s Not us!  So what’s  your great analytical point with this post now ,,,,oh yeah , you want to denigrate their real accomplishments and play WHAT IF , or LETS IGNORE FACTS CUZ MY TEAM IS SUPPOSED TO BETTER,,,,,LIKE CANDYLAND! ? 

Why don’t we just see how we play the pats , and let’s just deal with reality , not all the things you are wishing for just cuz Santa is coming to your world soon!  How bout we talk about the fins when and after we play them , you know , how reality works ! ?  Or do you want to analyze all the potential issues with NFC potential SB teams too ( since in your world there is no way the Bills won’t be in that game) so let’s analyze the Vikes, Eagles, Cowboys, 49er’s  schedule as well cuz I’m sure they all played easy teams too?  Hey , start with the Vikes season opponents maybe!?  

Maybe let’s talk when we know who will suit up for our team , and btw, it’s a matchup league , funny how that works so comparing wins vs losses , and scores , is just wasted time. What’s wrong with just acknowledging the Fins are playing well , beat us once , lead the division , are getting excellent qb play under a FIRST  YEAR  coach who resurrected Tuas career, did a great job before the trade deadline with Chubb and Wilson who are both contributing.  So when we actually live up to our potential , and beat them , no one is posting how we played the fins in cold weather and that’s why we won etc. Reality actually matters , not all the what ifs and buts in the world.   Let’s celebrate after we actually prove we are better THIS  year?  Hope Santa is good to you!🎄Happy Holidays! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrPJax said:

Why do people waste time with posts comparing schedules ?  If you note , 2 of those easy teams almost beat us !  Let’s see how we do against the bears who are playing better. , don’t count your chickens, yada. Yada, yada,  What is the fins afc east record , oh and what team did they beat when said team was undefeated?  Oh ,yeah us but it was the heats fault. Who currently is the #2 afc seed ? Oh yeah , it’s them. Who is 0-2 in the East ?  Oh yeah , it’s us. Who has a receiver leading the league in yards?  Who has a qb with a higher QB rating and has thrown less ints?   Who is doin that under a FIRST YEAR HEAD COACH?  Oh yeah , that’s Not us!  So what’s  your great analytical point with this post now ,,,,oh yeah , you want to denigrate their real accomplishments and play WHAT IF , or LETS IGNORE FACTS CUZ MY TEAM IS SUPPOSED TO BETTER,,,,,LIKE CANDYLAND! ? 

Why don’t we just see how we play the pats , and let’s just deal with reality , not all the things you are wishing for just cuz Santa is coming to your world soon!  How bout we talk about the fins when and after we play them , you know , how reality works ! ?  Or do you want to analyze all the potential issues with NFC potential SB teams too ( since in your world there is no way the Bills won’t be in that game) so let’s analyze the Vikes, Eagles, Cowboys, 49er’s  schedule as well cuz I’m sure they all played easy teams too?  Hey , start with the Vikes season opponents maybe!?  

Maybe let’s talk when we know who will suit up for our team , and btw, it’s a matchup league , funny how that works so comparing wins vs losses , and scores , is just wasted time. What’s wrong with just acknowledging the Fins are playing well , beat us once , lead the division , are getting excellent qb play under a FIRST  YEAR  coach who resurrected Tuas career, did a great job before the trade deadline with Chubb and Wilson who are both contributing.  So when we actually live up to our potential , and beat them , no one is posting how we played the fins in cold weather and that’s why we won etc. Reality actually matters , not all the what ifs and buts in the world.   Let’s celebrate after we actually prove we are better THIS  year?  Hope Santa is good to you!🎄Happy Holidays! 

Let's see how all this brashness sounds by the end of the year. My guess is you'll be looking foolish.

Dolphins are so great yet have the worst point differential in their own division. That's comical.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

If they were barely squeaking by like the Bills have in recent weeks it would be easy to dismiss these wins and consider them a possibly fraud. But they are dominating teams on both sides of the ball including the same Browns we barely hung on to beat a few weeks ago.

Also Tua is ranked #1 in just about every major QB category right now and their defense is quietly improving as the season goes on despite their own rash of key injuries early on.

I don't see them losing the next 3 in a row but agree it's a far tougher stretch than what they've faced in recent weeks and will either validate them as an elite team/SB contender which I believe they are, or another WC type of team.

We?  Are you the only one who can't see you're a dolphins fan?

4 hours ago, BillzFreak said:

But even with him being average at best, the speed of that offense presents a problem. And McDaniel has designed an offense to get the ball out quick and go for yards after catch. All Tua has to do is what is asked within the offensive scheme. Having elite speed on the outside does make even the average quarterback look great. Are they unstoppable with Tua not at all, but they still are a problem with that talent on the outside. 

The way to beat the Dolphins is simple, and used to be called football.  Beat the ***** out of Tua, he is fragile.

29 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

That’s a lot of “how abouts”!! Here’s another how about we see if Tua and his resurrected actually finish a whole season, that in itself would amaze me honestly. I agree with most of what you said also, wanted to state that before I ramble. 
You can discredit back up qbs, weather/injuries since the teams have to play the cards they are dealt, but I’m not sure you can tell fans in an NFL world of fantasy leagues and gambling actual realities. Cold weather does matter to players, not sure if it has the same effect as dropping 20 some players to dehydration or playing on blown ACLs…I digress.

Comparing victories/defeats is fun. GB beat Dallas, Dallas beat Minn, Minn beat Buffalo, Buffalo beat Tenn, Tenn beat Indy and Houston beat Indy,  who just got beat by Miami, therefore they are Champions!! Philly has gotten beat by Washington, who was beaten by Detroit who was beaten by Buffalo who was beaten by Miami.. Championship!! See fun. 
In the real world onto NE where the Bills start to reclaim the East and the AFC crown 🤞🏻 

Go Bills!!

I think the Bills are a better team than Miami.  Miami caught Buffalo at perfect time.  Buffalo was dealing with a bunch of injuries and the weather in Miami for the game was perfect to take advantage of the disparity in the two sidelines.  As long as the injury situations are somewhat similar, I expect Buffalo to win the rematch in Buffalo.  

10 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

A few weeks ago? Try eight days ago. After one day of practice, on the road, after a huge snowfall complicated just getting there. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.